QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

I think it will be VERY interesting if a QB fell to 13 like Anthony Richardson where the jets could take him at 13 and say good bye to GB and they will be stuck with him. If a QB is there at 13 I would turn the pressure up on GB and say you better take the offer or we are going with a rookie QB. 

29 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think it will be VERY interesting if a QB fell to 13 like Anthony Richardson where the jets could take him at 13 and say good bye to GB and they will be stuck with him. If a QB is there at 13 I would turn the pressure up on GB and say you better take the offer or we are going with a rookie QB. 

I don't see us drafting a QB at all this year.

I am starting to sway in the likes of wanting to move on from this trade. Go after Stafford. The idea of a 1st next year with it's starting as a 2nd and easy way to turn into a 1 and possibly no protection if he retires after 1 season with us giving up a 2nd this year already.... Has me out on this.

Only way I have a 1 even a possibility in this is, is if that is the only pick involved for us. Nothing this year or maybe something late like a 4th or 5th. And a 1st next year. But to give up 42 or 43 AND a 1st with no protection if AR only plays 1 year is absolutely awful business.

There's 1 and only 1 way that trade becomes worth it. And that's a SB win. Winning a game or 2 in the playoffs still makes that trade a fail. And any time the only way a trade is worth it is a SB win and the flip side of it is a not only failure but to not have a 1st next year along with no QB still and having to pay the guy 10s of millions of dollars for 2-3 years possibly who isn't even on your team is crazy bad.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Richardson falls to 13, depending on Tackles available, I may answer the phone and take the extra picks. 

That is true if a QB is there at 13 and a team wants to move up the jets could get a 1st round pick next year if they drop to the lower part of the first round. 

I'm starting to think that Lamar gets moved during the draft and the Ravens move up to 13 and get Anthony Richardson. The Jets then take that 2024 first round draft pick from Ravens and move it to GB for AR. 

Jets trade pick 13 to Ravens 

Ravens trade pick 22 and 2024 first round pick to the Jets. 

Jets move that 2024 first round pick to GB for AR. 

42 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm starting to think that Lamar gets moved during the draft and the Ravens move up to 13 and get Anthony Richardson. The Jets then take that 2024 first round draft pick from Ravens and move it to GB for AR. 

That trade value is WAY off. BAL to move up that far is a late 3rd round value. Not even close to a 2024 1st value.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

So, in your scenario the Ravens move Lamar for likely 2 - 1st round picks. Then they trade two FRPs for an athlete who has yet to prove he can actually play quarterback at the NFL level. The dude completed under 54% of his passes last year. 

This Rodgers trade fatigue has everybody making silly suggestions. I especially love the Stafford one. The Rams eat 54 million in dead money if they trade him before the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That trade value is WAY off. BAL to move up that far is a late 3rd round value. Not even close to a 2024 1st value.

Actually, it's pick 53 in value which is 370 points. The difference between pick 13 - 1150 and 22 - 780. 

Historically, teams get a 1 round premium for a pick a year later so it's in line. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Actually, it's pick 53 in value which is 370 points. The difference between pick 13 - 1150 and 22 - 780. 

Historically, teams get a 1 round premium for a pick a year later so it's in line. 

That's right my bad. I accidentally looked at the highlighted team on the chart rather than the Jets.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hate the value chart but I know people go by it. I go by what player is on the board at that time. You have a QB on the board and a team likes them I have seen in the past a team give up next years first to get into that spot to get their guy. 

One that happend not long ago was when the bills traded to KC

Bills got pick 22, 27 and 91 in 2017 draft

KC got pick 10 (Maholmes pick)

So the value is there and it is not WAY off. I go by what trades have happened that are close and not the value number of the pick. So KC gave up not 1 but 2 first round picks that year to jump up 12 spots. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is true if a QB is there at 13 and a team wants to move up the jets could get a 1st round pick next year if they drop to the lower part of the first round. 

Imagine that….we trade down for a Day 3 pick and 2024 1st, give up a 2024 1st for AR and end up with a higher pick lol. 

45 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Imagine that….we trade down for a Day 3 pick and 2024 1st, give up a 2024 1st for AR and end up with a higher pick lol. 

This is a JD move big time. He gets an extra pick back in the 3rd from Moore trade and moves that first round pick for AR. The cherry on top would be a T falls to 22 and we still get out guy. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is a JD move big time. He gets an extra pick back in the 3rd from Moore trade and moves that first round pick for AR. The cherry on top would be a T falls to 22 and we still get out guy. 

Or draft Wright from TEN later in the 1st and he turns out better than the other OTs

20 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Now that we have been waiting for months to wrap up the Rodgers deal. I can now wait for draft  day in thee weeks. We are sitting with the 13 overall pick in the draft plus the 42 and 43 pick in the second round. Let GB sweat this out because the Rodgers deal is running out of time for them let's see who blinks first, he sure is not going be Douglas.

Months?  It's been a few weeks since Aaron said he intends to play for the Jets.

On 4/2/2023 at 2:38 PM, CWood21 said:

But that goes back to my original point, if you truly believe that Rodgers is only going to play for 1 year and his body is about to breakdown then Carr (or at the very least Jimmy G) should have been the primary focus.  Not Aaron Rodgers.  Because best case scenario (in that situation) is that an aging Rodgers leads the Jets to the playoffs, and the Jets are back looking at QBs again next year this time with a mid-to-late FRP.

No reason they can't add Stafford in 24 to extend the window. It will cost additional draft capital but they could do it by giving up another 1st or multiple 2nd days. They are in the Indy Colt blueprint of acquiring the hot veteran guys. If Rogers retires and they make it to the last 8 or AFCCG, a lot of veterans will still push to sign with the Jets, assuming Wilson never pans out which is likely.

Also, Kirk Cousins could be available in 24'. Or maybe the Cowboys would move Prescott and tank in 24' to setup their drafts for 25' and 26'.

Edited by WheatieMan