QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya my work here is as easy as it gets. It's maybe having to merge or delete a new topic that we already have or something like that. Maybe here or there have to tell someone to chill out or something if they start making something personal.

Site for forever never had ads, so I assume no one was getting paid really besides a few who created all this. But once ads started coming in like a year or so ago... I assume there's more than just a couple who get paid now. So some people are getting paid for others doing the work for them.

Yes I notice the ads coming up more and more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Let’s just say Ron Burgundy saying “that escalated quickly” is a perfect way to describe the situation. 

Was a great poster on here. Actually was smart and had good content Jets related. issue he had was if you didn't agree with him, you were the idiot and he'd talk like that as well. And he'd be real quick to throw his ego out there of how good looking he was (haha), successful he was and such as ways to try and talk down to members. 1st it was with me. I can take that stuff. Doesn't bug me. But he started doing the same with 2-3 others on here as well. And that's when it had to get taken care of. He actually made a bunch of accounts probably knowing he was getting kicked out and tried coming back a few times under a different name. But the webmaster deleted those accounts as well.

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt, bc it was during the heighten part of COVID when he had this happen. Maybe he was just having a rough time being locked u at home and such, maybe lost a family member or something due to COVID, etc. Hope he's doing better now. I think someone has said he posts on another Jets forum. Not sure which one. I just joined JetsNation a few weeks ago.

31 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

What do you guys think

If Bryce Young has a massive fall (which could happen) and is there at 13 do you take him if the AR trade is not done yet?

As long as he does not start this year, then sure, why not.  In fact, even if we had AR I'd still take him.  The key is not doing what has caused this franchise to suck forever - starting a rookie QB before he is really ready.  If we have AR, Young could learn for a year, maybe two at the most.

55 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

What do you guys think

If Bryce Young has a massive fall (which could happen) and is there at 13 do you take him if the AR trade is not done yet?

Only QB I can see falling to us is Levis and I don't want him at all.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

He has already made 214 posts on this subject. Yesterday was the first time in months it got above freezing, in GB so what else can you do in Green Bay but make cheese and useless. posts.

Ironically speaking, I live NOWHERE near Wisconsin.  Actually, never even been to Lambeau Field.  It's on the bucket list for sure.  And unlike other people, I do honestly enjoy discussing football with other fanbases.  I don't take things personally when someone disagrees with me.  At no point do I feel like we've ever had any hostile discussions.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Ironically speaking, I live NOWHERE near Wisconsin.  Actually, never even been to Lambeau Field.  It's on the bucket list for sure.  And unlike other people, I do honestly enjoy discussing football with other fanbases.  I don't take things personally when someone disagrees with me.  At no point do I feel like we've ever had any hostile discussions.

You not at all. Some other GB guys on here though have. You and the other GB MOD (forgot his name) have been good.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

You not at all. Some other GB guys on here though have. You and the other GB MOD (forgot his name) have been good.

You're going to find that with every fan base.  There's going to be unbearable Jets' fans.  There's going to be unbearable Cardinals' fans, etc.

I like the Tim Boyle signing. It may seem like nothing, but from my perspective it is a nice move. Boyle knows the system, which is an obvious plus. He also knows and has been around Aaron Rodgers, which is also a nice plus. He is also not the kind of QB that a diva like Rodgers would find "threatening". Good. Lastly, he could probably beat out Zach Wilson in the unfortunate event of the latter remaining on the roster. 

Plus, I think this sets us up to have Rodgers, Boyle and a developmental QB we take in the latter stages of the draft this year. Streveler goes to the practice squad if he cannot beat out Boyle, which he probably won't, and Wilson is sent to team X for little trade compensation.

Which brings me to Bryce Young. A year ago, I wanted Young to be our next QB. But so much has changed since then. So if he would miraculously fall to No. 13 (I seriously doubt it), I would not draft him. I would trade down to a team that would absolutely LOVE to draft him. Like a Baltimore. 

Once Rodgers becomes a Jet, we do not need MORE added drama than what the man himself is already going to provide us. We are just beginning our relationship with him, the last thing we should be thinking of doing is pissing him off right out of the gate. He CLEARLY has a problem with how Green Bay handled the drafting of Jordan Love. STILL to this day it is an issue for him. So why would we double-down on that???

Besides, I have never been a fan of drafting a QB in the first round if he is not starting for you. For the NFL, first-round picks should be starting. Sure, there are a few exceptions to the rule. But in general, you want to draft someone who will play a starter's amount of snaps as a rookie. 

So, now that we are heading towards a Rodgers-Boyle combination at QB, let's select someone on Day 3 of the draft who can be developed slowly (hopefully Rodgers can give us two, maybe even three seasons). Someone like Dorian Thompson-Robinson or maybe Stetson Bennett. The former if Jets management believes Rodgers might be here for at least two seasons. The latter if they think he could be retiring after one, since Bennett is an older prospect.

And of course, the last piece to the puzzle will be to ship Wilson somewhere for anything we can get. Easier said than done, but I have to think positively. I cannot see why anybody in the building would want him around anymore, despite the public posturing and buttering up of one of the worst draft picks in NFL history.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Was a great poster on here. Actually was smart and had good content Jets related. issue he had was if you didn't agree with him, you were the idiot and he'd talk like that as well. And he'd be real quick to throw his ego out there of how good looking he was (haha), successful he was and such as ways to try and talk down to members. 1st it was with me. I can take that stuff. Doesn't bug me. But he started doing the same with 2-3 others on here as well. And that's when it had to get taken care of. He actually made a bunch of accounts probably knowing he was getting kicked out and tried coming back a few times under a different name. But the webmaster deleted those accounts as well.

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt, bc it was during the heighten part of COVID when he had this happen. Maybe he was just having a rough time being locked u at home and such, maybe lost a family member or something due to COVID, etc. Hope he's doing better now. I think someone has said he posts on another Jets forum. Not sure which one. I just joined JetsNation a few weeks ago.

He posts on JetsNation as football_guy. Still the same cocky attitude.

FF forum has changed over the years. Lots of trolls from other teams. I don’t post here as much because of it. Everyone thinks they’re experts.

The Jets sub forum is cool.  I also like the news sub forum.

• Like 1