QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

21 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

JD has officially gone mad. 

Haha. Very out of character of him. 1st time he’s leaked anything really in almost 4 years. There’s something deeper to this trade. Like it’s done, but they’re not announcing it for some reason imo

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha. Very out of character of him. 1st time he’s leaked anything really in almost 4 years. There’s something deeper to this trade. Like it’s done, but they’re not announcing it for some reason imo

Or he was pissed 😂😂

54 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The deal is done. i think they are waiting to see how the draft falls, 

Yes deal for me is clearly done. 1 of 2 things are going on.

1. Deal is done they just don’t want to announce it for whatever reason. Keep each team in the media during a down time perhaps. Maybe AR doesn’t want it announced yet. Who knows. Point being it’s done just not publicly.

2. Deal is done but small details might be waiting draft day. Like when we’re on the clock and let’s say GB loves a guy there. We can pick swap and maybe that has them send us a future pick if AR retires. They don’t love a guy there or have 2-3 guys they’d still love to draft. Trade goes through with no pick swap

Douglas knows this is done, it is clear. Rodgers is working out with Lazard. 

The idea that the 49ers were going to be competition is insane, Rodgers made up his mind he is playing for the Jets no matter what, that creates all leverage for the Jets. It's just a matter of time, the draft is almost here and if the Packers want a 2023 pick they need to get this done. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Douglas knows this is done, it is clear. Rodgers is working out with Lazard. 

The idea that the 49ers were going to be competition is insane, Rodgers made up his mind he is playing for the Jets no matter what, that creates all leverage for the Jets. It's just a matter of time, the draft is almost here and if the Packers want a 2023 pick they need to get this done. 

Ya makes Carton look really stupid. Even though most the world already knows he is. He a few days ago says SF is involved. 2 days later AR is working out with our WR and a day later our GM says AR is coming here (when he’s known to be tight lipped).

On 4/8/2023 at 3:03 AM, Bobby816 said:

On 4/8/2023 at 7:55 AM, jetfuel34 said:

The deal is done. i think they are waiting to see how the draft falls, 

Yep. This has been my best guess. The whole ordeal has been so strangely quiet for a major acquisition that it doesn't seem like it's still being negotiated or is at a standstill. The feeling I get is that it's done, both sides are relaxed and just waiting for the draft to finish it all up.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:01 PM, NJerseypaint said:

I have a strong feeling that there's already an agreement and GB is just waiting until draft day to see how the cards fall and will take the choice of whatever JD is offering like:

• A player GB loves falls to the second and Jets are OTC - OK, execute trade for Rodgers for that pick now + whatever additional were agreed on for this scenario.
  • Jets move down, get an additional 2024 pick - GB has all the picks they wanted now and Jets didn't lose additional picks, trade goes through
  • Draft day ends with no change, GB executes the  post-draft agreed upon deal.

Its the whole hush hush and slowness of it all that has me thinking this is a done deal, but Jets are letting GB get the best deal they can without overpaying.

Is 15 to 13 that big a move? So the Jets would throw in a second round pick and perhaps a conditional next year. This is very unusual by all circumstances. The only thing I can think of is GB likes a QB in this draft. Are they worried about NE at #14? If they are waiting, it's because GB either wants the Georgia DT (they took a guy last year though) or a QB. It's possible they want receiver there too, but my guess is they want to jump NE or any other team looking to move up to 13.

Edited by WheatieMan

7 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Is 15 to 13 that big a move? So the Jets would throw in a second round pick and perhaps a conditional next year. This is very unusual by all circumstances. The only thing I can think of is GB likes a QB in this draft. Are they worried about NE at #14? If they are waiting, it's because GB either wants the Georgia DT (they took a guy last year though) or a QB. It's possible they want receiver there too, but my guess is they want to jump NE or any other team looking to move up to 13.

GB is not going after a QB. They want a WR or help on the D. The Pats want WR and help on the D too. I think if Carter is there or JSN GB makes the swap of picks and get pick 43 also. The Jets get AR. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

GB is not going after a QB. They want a WR or help on the D. The Pats want WR and help on the D too. I think if Carter is there or JSN GB makes the swap of picks and get pick 43 also. The Jets get AR. 

Those are the obvious guys I was alluding to. If that's the case, these guys should be falling way down on boards everywhere because they are still projected top ten picks. They could certainly drop, but I can't think of another guy in the draft that's interchangeable with those two besides a QB.

Edited by WheatieMan

On 4/8/2023 at 3:03 AM, Bobby816 said:

Someone asked that question about why would they keep it secret for weeks and nobody had a great answer.  Most said about dead money but that post draft which GB doesn't want to do.

The answer is simple though and it's for GB to save face as best they can.  You accept a poor deal now and GB fans will be livid.  You wait until near the draft and can spin it that you held out as long as you could but wanted 2023 picks to help Love and this was the best deal available.  

Of course the real reason is that GB is holding out hope NYJ cave and slightly up their offer and none of that is true. 

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Someone asked that question about why would they keep it secret for weeks and nobody had a great answer.  Most said about dead money but that post draft which GB doesn't want to do.

The answer is simple though and it's for GB to save face as best they can.  You accept a poor deal now and GB fans will be livid.  You wait until near the draft and can spin it that you held out as long as you could but wanted 2023 picks to help Love and this was the best deal available.  

Of course the real reason is that GB is holding out hope NYJ cave and slightly up their offer and none of that is true. 

Very good point. Maybe GB is not getting what they wanted and this is the only deal on the table and they have to take it. 

49 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Very good point. Maybe GB is not getting what they wanted and this is the only deal on the table and they have to take it. 

I mean look at it from a GB perspective.  Maybe a #43 and a conditional 2 next year is the best offer the Jets are willing to go.  Do you take it now when your fan base is expecting a 1st plus or do you say hey JD do me a favor and hold off until closer to the draft so I can control the narrative and say I tried to get the most I could out of you?

Again is it likely probably not but I think they are probably back and forth between a 1st next year or a conditional pick with protections for the Jets in case of retirement.  eventually though I think GB will cave because they want picks this year to help Love succeed.