QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You do know that QB's drop all the time in the draft right. Richardon being there at 13 can happen. Just because this trade would kill your AR trade and your team would be in for a very long 2-3 years with cap "hell". 

Yes.  QBs drop in the draft.  But QBs don't fall in the draft, and then a team gets a haul for trading down for them. Patrick Mahomes wasn't viewed as a likely top 5 pick that fell.  Let me ask you this, if Baltimore was interested in trading a future FRP to move up to select Anthony Richardson, why wouldn't teams like Philadelphia, Tennessee, or Houston take that offer first?  It just seems a bit convenient that a franchise QB seems to fall to the Jets' pick AND they get an ideal trade package in return.

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ravens would not MORGAGE their future either. They would be getting 2 first round picks for Lamar. Lamar will come down on his demands. Once he does that they will move him. They get Anthony Richardson who is like Lamar so the O can stay the same. These are moves that JD makes. Like I said before he does not sit out high rounds and always find ways to avoid this. 

Assuming I read your post correctly (and correct me if I'm not), but you suggested that the Ravens should trade Lamar Jackson for 2 FRPs and then deal their FRP this year and next year?  I'm not sure an Anthony Richardson-led Ravens team is a playoff team.

10 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Your still living the pipe dream that AR is going to get you a first next year plus a first round pick swap is a joke to me. The Jets are not swaping first round picks with GB. 

I'm not saying that it will defintively have a pick swap or a GTD FRP next year.  All I'm saying is there's a TON of variables out there, and you seem to be ignoring most of them.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The whole world knows Love is the starter. But facts are that AR is still a Packer. So it reality it's a hope he's gone and it's not a QB decision of Love or AR. Unlikely. But that is what's the roster right now.

There's 0% chance that Aaron Rodgers is the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers next year.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And to paint the narrative as Jets fans is that GB fans constantly say well go ahead and walk away and roll out Zach Wilson again. As if we wouldn't explore tons of other options after walking away from AR.

Speaking of narratives.  Jets fans are convinced they can pivot to Matthew Stafford or Kirk Cousins despite no reputable sources, yet there's no chance that any other non-Jets team could be interested in Rodgers.  Who is the one making the narrative now?

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Point being... it's hilarious to see the Carton report has legs to "most" GB fans. But Love wanting AR out ASAP or he wants a trade is BS. AR returning or you guys will get a haul for him will happen. But if we walk away from this AR trade we're starting Zach Wilson in 2023. Fan base seems to think there's no middle ground. Any reports that go in your direction is possibly true. When it's bad it's false.

So you're criticizing Packers' fans for doing the EXACT same thing you're doing with regards to Cousins and Stafford?  Okay.

37 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Okay, fair. But again, they'd be acquiring Stafford this year if things fall through. There may be some other under the radar guys they'd consider, but it would be Stafford or Lamar. I don't think the Packers staff is safe either if Love bombs so they are both taking huge risks.

Gute and LaFleur probably have at least 2 years with Jordan Love.  Do Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh have that same leash?

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes.  QBs drop in the draft.  But QBs don't fall in the draft, and then a team gets a haul for trading down for them. Patrick Mahomes wasn't viewed as a likely top 5 pick that fell.  Let me ask you this, if Baltimore was interested in trading a future FRP to move up to select Anthony Richardson, why wouldn't teams like Philadelphia, Tennessee, or Houston take that offer first?  It just seems a bit convenient that a franchise QB seems to fall to the Jets' pick AND they get an ideal trade package in return.

Assuming I read your post correctly (and correct me if I'm not), but you suggested that the Ravens should trade Lamar Jackson for 2 FRPs and then deal their FRP this year and next year?  I'm not sure an Anthony Richardson-led Ravens team is a playoff team.

I'm not saying that it will defintively have a pick swap or a GTD FRP next year.  All I'm saying is there's a TON of variables out there, and you seem to be ignoring most of them.

Mahomes was flying up the boards that year. As a matter of fact it is almost like Anthony Richardson this year. He was projected to be a late first ealry second and shot up to the middle to upper of the draft. 

The Ravens did great with the backups they had. Heck they even made the playoffs without Lamar most of the season. They even where using the #3 QB to win too. The key for the Ravens is finding a trade partner. Heck maybe a team gives the Ravens more than 2 first round picks. 

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I probably would have expected Saleh to be the more likely to retain their job if things went poorly.

Usually the GM gets 2 chances at a HC and Saleh was his first one. Remember JD did not come on until AFTER the 2019 season. So JD really did not get to work until the 2020 season. 

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Usually the GM gets 2 chances at a HC and Saleh was his first one. Remember JD did not come on until AFTER the 2019 season. So JD really did not get to work until the 2020 season. 

Normally, I'd agree.  But if you're Robert Saleh and you're talking to Woody Johnson, the argument is pretty clear.  Joe Douglas tied me down to Zach Wilson for 2 years, and then botched the QB situation in the 3rd year.  Everything but the QB situation is right.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Normally, I'd agree.  But if you're Robert Saleh and you're talking to Woody Johnson, the argument is pretty clear.  Joe Douglas tied me down to Zach Wilson for 2 years, and then botched the QB situation in the 3rd year.  Everything but the QB situation is right.

What a spin. You should write for the Post.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

We're not going down this rabbit hole.  This is the EXACT same situation discussion I had with Lions' fans a few years ago when they were convinced they would get a haul from either Miami or LA Chargers and still manage to draft Jeffrey Okudah.

Not sure why you quoted me here lol 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

There's 0% chance that Aaron Rodgers is the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers next year.

Speaking of narratives.  Jets fans are convinced they can pivot to Matthew Stafford or Kirk Cousins despite no reputable sources, yet there's no chance that any other non-Jets team could be interested in Rodgers.  Who is the one making the narrative now?

So you're criticizing Packers' fans for doing the EXACT same thing you're doing with regards to Cousins and Stafford?  Okay.

You're missing the point here clearly.

Take me for example I said in our 1st post back and forth today that the report of Love wanting a trade ASAP or he wants a trade is BS. I didn't care to post it on here bc I know it's BS.

Yet your board has been eating up the fake rumor from yesterday and that's legit info. Enough to where you're say you think other teams have kicked the tires on this.

Yet I post 2 reports of rumors about Stafford and Cousins and those are BS to you. Why? Bc that doesn't fit your narrative of that the Jets have other options besides AR potentially. But other teams being in on Rodgers does fit your narrative, so we can entertain those BS rumors.

I assume your board has posted that BS rumor about Love today? Oh wait no they haven't. They're still talking about SF and NE right? Bc the Love rumor doesn't fit your side.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Unless you're in the FO of GB there's no way you know this for sure. And even then he's still a GB Packer right now. So it's not 0%.

That's like me saying to you Zach Wilson will 100% not be our week 1 starter. Odds are that's correct. But to speak in absolutes isn't very smart. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

JD yes Saleh not so much. 

They just have to get better. So we were 7-9 last year we go 9-7 or better with a QB like Jackson, Stafford, Cousins, Bridgewater, Ryan, Wentz, Tannehill, etc. There jobs are safe.