QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Reports change daily and it's only the GG fans choosing which ones they like.

BS report saying another team is involved. Ya let's drink some of that rumor.

Jets changed there offer after McAfee. Ya let's drink that rumor.

The ones that aren't in their favor, seem to never be brought up. Or they twist it.

Reports really aren't changing.  We've been pretty much at a SRP this year plus a SRP/FRP next year for a while now.

What reputable rumor are Packers' fans aren't bringing up?

"The Packers are holding out for what they want right now and that’s a problem I think with the Jets and more specifically with Jets ownership. So where it is, Green Bay is stuck on an asking price of a two [second-round draft pick] this year, a straight-shot one [first-round pick] next year, so no graduation schedule attached to it, and they would be willing to do the 2025…some sort of a draft asset give-back if for some reason Aaron Rodgers doesn’t play in ’24.

They’re saying no we’re not doing the straight-shot one. And I think what [Jets owner] Woody Johnson’s problem is with this is that he looks at Denver and all the assets Denver gave up [for Russell Wilson] … now Seattle is sitting on Denver’s pick at No. 5 because that crashed and burned. I think some of it is the Matt Stafford thing, and now he has a balky elbow … and now Detroit is sitting at six."

That's the article guys. 3 times he says "I think" aka he knows nothing and this report is his opinion.

Don't buy what GB fans are cooking.

23 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Obsessed?  No.  Invested interest?  Absolutely.  Are you going to talk Arizona Cardinals' fans right now?  Absolutely not.  But if there was a legitimate rumor of Garrett Wilson going to the Arizona Cardinals for the #3 pick, would you?  Absolutely (if there were Cardinals' fans on FF).

I promise you...I would not be on their board one single time, let alone every day all day for over a month. Call it whatever you want bud. Its odd. 

Edited by ekill08x

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

"The Packers are holding out for what they want right now and that’s a problem I think with the Jets and more specifically with Jets ownership. So where it is, Green Bay is stuck on an asking price of a two [second-round draft pick] this year, a straight-shot one [first-round pick] next year, so no graduation schedule attached to it, and they would be willing to do the 2025…some sort of a draft asset give-back if for some reason Aaron Rodgers doesn’t play in ’24.

They’re saying no we’re not doing the straight-shot one. And I think what [Jets owner] Woody Johnson’s problem is with this is that he looks at Denver and all the assets Denver gave up [for Russell Wilson] … now Seattle is sitting on Denver’s pick at No. 5 because that crashed and burned. I think some of it is the Matt Stafford thing, and now he has a balky elbow … and now Detroit is sitting at six."

That's the article guys. 3 times he says "I think" aka he knows nothing and this report is his opinion.

Don't buy what GB fans are cooking.

Yup that is my point GB fans pick and choose. I myself just go by what the GM's and HC's say. I don't even care what the owners say espically Woody who is the worse owner now that Snyder is selling the team. I have noticed in the past that what Woody says and what really happens is not always the same. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Throwing a tantrum?  No.  Annoyed that the Jets apparently changed their offer?  Absolutely.

This is all the more "proof" Woody is/was calling the shots here.  JD is too smart to enter in this knowing what we all knew prior to the meeting with Rodgers.

It's the same concept that Jets' fans can believe that he can win the Jets a Super Bowl, but only want to give up a Matt Ryan-like trade package.

Since I am more realistic, I DO NOT believe we win a SB this year.  Too many ? besides just a QB.  Playoffs?  Absolutely.  Therefore, a Matt Ryan like package is the best I would do for a one year rental that will only get us to the playoffs then retire and cause us to be in cap hell for a year or two limiting what we can do in 2024 and 2025.  I can understand GB fans wanting the Sun and Moon for one of the best QB to ever play, but the reality is you guys are looking at this through rose colored glasses.  Let me repeat one year, no SB, then cap hell.  This whole situation just blows.

What makes you think those words weren't intentionally misleading?

If he was 35 and saying this, then yeah, it might be BS.  But to repeat this for the last couple of years AND turning 41 this year, I would believe his retirement talk.

Most rational fans don't believe they hold the cards.  In fact, most have acknowledged that the Jets are the only real serious suitor and that a deal will inevitably get done.  But you're lying if you think Green Bay feels any pressure between post-draft and the start of the regular season.

Both sides need this done.  Jets need a QB to win now and GB needs the cap relief and no distractions Rodgers would bring if it does not get done.  The real question is who has the bigger cajones to walk away?  Tough one to say.  As a Jet fan who has paid attention to them and not GB, I will say that if Woody allows JD to do his thing without reprisals, JD would walk away.  He has in the past.  JD was always about building through the draft.  Since we are so close, I think JD would have gone in a different direction than Rodgers and I still think he would roll with a much lesser QB if he has to.  JD has always been about building a sustainable team that will be good for many years.  Rodgers actually hurts that plan.

• Like 1

Lol it’s funny these debates are still going on. Until this other team comes in and makes an offer for Rodgers, Green Bay is going to have to suck it up. Doing something stupid like holding up the trade until September out of spite benefits no one, it’s pure fan fiction from an emotional fan base.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Lol it’s funny these debates are still going on. Until this other team comes in and makes an offer for Rodgers, Green Bay is going to have to suck it up. Doing something stupid like holding up the trade until September out of spite benefits no one, it’s pure fan fiction from an emotional fan base.

Oh you’re mistaking according to them SF has already or is about to offer them all 3 of their 3rds this year and there 1st next year for Rodgers. And NE is just waiting until they trade Jones to go all in on Rodgers.

It’s pretty much facts bc a no name reporter said this a week ago. Not sure why you don’t believe it. Same kind of report like yesterday where this guy is guessing (I mean he says I think in his report like 3-4 times). Saying we changed the offer. Like that matters. Even if we did (which I don’t think it did). Does it matter? We have an offer out there and GB doesn’t want it. You want a pick this year. You take it. You don’t take it. Offer changes and now our team is better and more of a reason for AR to want to go to us and only us. And they still have to trade him but now with 2024 picks as the assets (not knowing where the picks will be).

JD and Woody got this. You don’t overpay for something you’re the only interested buyer in.

3 hours ago, xrade said:

Both sides need this done.  Jets need a QB to win now and GB needs the cap relief and no distractions Rodgers would bring if it does not get done.  The real question is who has the bigger cajones to walk away?  Tough one to say.  As a Jet fan who has paid attention to them and not GB, I will say that if Woody allows JD to do his thing without reprisals, JD would walk away.  He has in the past.  JD was always about building through the draft.  Since we are so close, I think JD would have gone in a different direction than Rodgers and I still think he would roll with a much lesser QB if he has to.  JD has always been about building a sustainable team that will be good for many years.  Rodgers actually hurts that plan.

I don't agree with the bolded. Rodgers buys them time without having to abandon Douglas' long-term plan (unlike Carr). It's an ideal scenario for him - win now with 1-2 years of elite QB play, while simultaneously carrying-out his vision for the future (search/developing Rodger's replacement). In a perfect world, that replacement is Zach, who will now have the opportunity to learn behind an all-time great.

There's no long-term commitment with Rodgers that hinders Douglas' endgame, but unlike other stopgap options, you're getting an elite player. 

35 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I don't agree with the bolded. Rodgers buys them time without having to abandon Douglas' long-term plan (unlike Carr). It's an ideal scenario for him - win now with 1-2 years of elite QB play, while simultaneously carrying-out his vision for the future (search/developing Rodger's replacement). In a perfect world, that replacement is Zach, who will now have the opportunity to learn behind an all-time great.

There's no long-term commitment with Rodgers that hinders Douglas' endgame, but unlike other stopgap options, you're getting an elite player. 

What it does beyond that, is let’s say we win a SB in 2 years. JDs good for a long time. We aren’t in panic mode to get a new QB. Even if we make a few deep playoff runs that buys him time. And we’d have a roster full of guys who have a winning culture and playoff experience. 

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Rodgers buys them time without having to abandon Douglas' long-term plan (unlike Carr)

Rodgers gives them one year. Not enough time for Zach IMO.  In fact, Zach may never develop. That’s a big gamble. If Rodgers is here for two years, then maybe but there is the 5th year option that will have to dealt with. Not an ideal scenario. If we draft a QB, one year is absolutely not enough. Plus there is the potential that he never develops. Again two years, maybe.

Carr would have given the Jets at least three years of decent QB play which should be enough to find a franchise QB.

Lastly, there is the whole dead money from Rodgers retirement. $24M in 2024 ain’t chump change.