QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Calais Campbell said that Rodgers texted him when he was about to visit us before he signed with ATL that he should join up with him as a Jet and go win a SB.

If that doesn't tell you that he's coming... I don't know what does.

Trade will go down Day 1 or 2 of the draft. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 12:52 PM, jetfuel34 said:

C. The Jets make the pick if Carter falls, a good T is there or QB is there the Jets must have and move on from Wilson with draft day trade. I think JD knows he messed up by starting Wilson week 1. He wants a guy that can sit for a few years behind Rodgers. 

I mean, I want Zach Wilson gone more than anybody on this board, but drafting yet ANOTHER QB in Round 1 would be the most Jets thing ever. 

The last thing we need to do in Round 1 is draft a QB. I don't care if Aaron Rodgers tells the Jets he is not coming on draft day, DO NOT draft a QB in Round 1.

By all means, draft a QB on day 2 or day 3. Hopefully, Rodgers can commit to us for at least two seasons. That gives us two years to develop a guy by sitting and watching one of the best to ever do it. Someone like Dorian Thompson-Robinson would make sense. 

Wilson should be a complete afterthought now, regardless of when the Rodgers deal goes down and for what. Once the last round begins this year, some teams may still be looking for a developmental QB. Or maybe a reclamation project. That is when you trade Wilson for literally anything, and move on.

Tim Boyle is the backup QB regardless.

10 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I mean, I want Zach Wilson gone more than anybody on this board, but drafting yet ANOTHER QB in Round 1 would be the most Jets thing ever. 

The last thing we need to do in Round 1 is draft a QB. I don't care if Aaron Rodgers tells the Jets he is not coming on draft day, DO NOT draft a QB in Round 1.

By all means, draft a QB on day 2 or day 3. Hopefully, Rodgers can commit to us for at least two seasons. That gives us two years to develop a guy by sitting and watching one of the best to ever do it. Someone like Dorian Thompson-Robinson would make sense. 

Wilson should be a complete afterthought now, regardless of when the Rodgers deal goes down and for what. Once the last round begins this year, some teams may still be looking for a developmental QB. Or maybe a reclamation project. That is when you trade Wilson for literally anything, and move on.

I think he is a camp body type guy that will get cut during preseason. He will be a PS guy. Wilson will backup as JD has already stated. 

12 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Tim Boyle is a camp arm. That's it. He's not the backup. He is there to help install the offensive tendencies since Rodgers won't be around for a while.

That said, I agree 1000% that we should not draft a QB in round one, especially if we don't have Rodgers.  Any QB we draft needs to sit for a year behind a vet and learn the pro game. If we don't have Rodgers, then that guy would be getting started too early, just like we did with Sam, Zach, Sanchez and Smith. If we do get Rodgers, this season needs to be about maximizing the window. Next year's draft would be the time to decide if Zach learned behind Rodgers or if we need a new developmental QB to sit for a year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets should carry 3 qbs.  Tim Boyle is there to give Zach Wilson extra coaching since Rodgers isn't coming here to help Wilson out.

WIth the Jets QB situation as messed up as it is, they should probably carry 11 QB's.  Maybe the shotgun scatter approach will work where all else has failed.

Wow.  For 5th year option on 2024:

Jordan Love is projected for 20.3m. He barely played.

Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert are projected to have 29.5m each.  They have been standing out.

Only 9.2m difference for qb with light performance?   damn.

No more draft qb in 1st for Jets.

33 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Wow.  For 5th year option on 2024:

Jordan Love is projected for 20.3m. He barely played.

Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert are projected to have 29.5m each.  They have been standing out.

Only 9.2m difference for qb with light performance?   damn.

No more draft qb in 1st for Jets.

5th year options pretty much go based on performance and position. If you went to a pro bowl vs not going to one that pro bowler costs a tad more, for example. Some position groups the 5th year option money isn’t that bad. But some are pretty pricey. OT being one of them for us to decide on Becton.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

5th year options pretty much go based on performance and position. If you went to a pro bowl vs not going to one that pro bowler costs a tad more, for example. Some position groups the 5th year option money isn’t that bad. But some are pretty pricey. OT being one of them for us to decide on Becton.

Think about Richardson and Levis for 3rd off season from today.  26m as lowest performance qb!    crazy.

As for OT, Becton is at lowest level of charge which is I think less than 14m whilst highest one like Wirfs is about to receive slightly over 18m. 

On 4/20/2023 at 9:00 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I still think GB is hoping to do what ever to get as much as possible. If that means making the Jets look bad so be it, The rumor that the Jets are holding out for insurance that AR plays 2 years is BS. I still think GB is going to end with a pick swap of 13 and 15 or a second rond pick this year and that is it. They are waiting so the draft can some what cover the not so great return GB is getting on AR. They either take this or cut him June 1. I almost bet Rodgers told the Jets to sit tight and make the picks becasue he told them he will be a Jet for at least 2 years. From AR interview he sounded kind of pissed at the FO of the GB packers. 

You really think we’d trade Rodgers to only move up two spots in the first ? 

Is that an accepted thought here 🤣🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You really think we’d trade Rodgers to only move up two spots in the first ? 

Is that an accepted thought here 🤣🤣🤣

I think the trade winds up going down Friday. If we like a C at 42 and you guys don’t need a C. We have no issue trading you 42 instead of 43. Now if we like the same player there (let’s say Jordan Addison is available there). Then I think we draft who we want and trade you 43.

Point being 42 or 43 is traded to you Friday evening. And what I think is we have a package already agreed to with you guys for that situation. And the rest of that package is a 2nd next year and it only goes to a 1st if we play in the SB. Furthermore…. We get your 2025 2nd if Rodgers retires after 2023.

I will continue to say that Tim Boyle is our backup. Zach Wilson needs to be off this team. He is a failure. There are many better options as developmental QBs. What the Jets are saying about Wilson and what they will actually do with him MUST be two different things, because it is insane to think that a guy who was anointed as the franchise savior two years ago can now become a developmental guy and return as the starter two years from now. 

This would be like a rock band firing their lead guitarist because their last album was a total bust, hiring a new lead guitarist to cut a new album...but keeping the old lead guitarist around as a backup player on tour. 

Once you take the lead and fail miserably and spectacularly, there is no going back. How can the Jets justify telling their fan base that after two golden years with one of the GOATs of the sport, we are going to revert back to the guy who was the worst QB in the league for two seasons?

Bringing in Rodgers should not be viewed as merely a small window to become relevant. It should be a shift in philosophy. Mediocrity will no longer be acceptable. That term leaves the building once Aaron frickin' Rodgers walks in. 

And yes I am talking about two years with Rodgers because that should absolutely be the minimum. Because it will take probably two years to develop a new guy drafted late in this year's draft to learn from one of the best and try to maintain this positive train that we are on.

Otherwise, we are back to where we have always been. If Zach Wilson is the starter once more, we are a laughingstock yet again. 

I suppose most Jets fans are now immune to that because it is the expected position.

Enough of the stupidity already. Try to include him in the deal with GB, even if it means dealing away an extra future draft pick in '24 or '25. OR, try to move him to one of the teams that will surely draft a developmental QB on day 2 or day 3. It can be done. 

It MUST be done.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the trade winds up going down Friday. If we like a C at 42 and you guys don’t need a C. We have no issue trading you 42 instead of 43. Now if we like the same player there (let’s say Jordan Addison is available there). Then I think we draft who we want and trade you 43.

Point being 42 or 43 is traded to you Friday evening. And what I think is we have a package already agreed to with you guys for that situation. And the rest of that package is a 2nd next year and it only goes to a 1st if we play in the SB. Furthermore…. We get your 2025 2nd if Rodgers retires after 2023.

I agree with most of this. If there are conditions , it’ll be much easier to reach than a SB appearance . 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The Packers aren't taking a C.  At least not that early.  The difference between 42 and 43 isn't going to to make or break a deal.