QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hate the Jimmy G thing. I hope someone out bids the Jets for him. There is a reason the 49ers tried to move him for a year and no one took them up on it. 

I like the Carr better than Jimmy but like I said. It will cost a lot and I think there are better option.

Darnold I would love to come back but that will not happen. You never see a QB that was cast away come back to the same team.

Baker Mayfield is the guy I want. He would sign a prove it deal and be the starter for the next year or 2. If he does great you have your QB of the future. If he tanks you can fall back on Wilson

No matter what the QB situation is just not good and I see no real help unless Bardy, Rodgers or Jackson is coming to town. 

You might as well forget about Brady, Rodgers, or Lamar, very little chance on any of them.

I agree, Darnold will never come back here and there is no way Douglas could sell that without looking incompetent. 

Committing big money and years to Derek Carr is a mistake. 

The two best options are Jimmy, who will get hurt at some point, and Mayfield. We also have to remember, a lot of these guys may just choose to play somewhere else over NYJ.

20 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

And even then he's not that good. The more I look at Carr the less I want anything to do with him in this team, we'd be the next Broncos.

Don't be ridiculous.    I don't see how will Carr put Jets below below below the level where Wilson has been handling.

• Like 1

Man some of you are blinded. The idea that some of you think we wouldn’t be a good team with Carr or Jimmy G is baffling. We’re 7-9 or possibly 8-9 with garbage for us at QB play this season. We’d be a shoe in for playoffs if we got one of them. GE would be a top 10 WR likely. Etc.

• Like 1

It's sad how many franchise records Carr would own right now if he started with us. 

I think we all know Carr isn't perfect but he is the best option on the table unless we handle all of our needs in FA and trade up in the draft. The other options Mariota, Winston, Minshew, Mayfield (If Rams let him walk), and Jimmy G. If we're considering trading, it's one of the 49ers' QBs (if Purdy lights it up), Brissett, Daniel Jones?, and Lamar Jackson (Long shot). 

Jimmy G has played 16 games once in his career so far. Daniel Jones is very interesting, but we'll have to see if he did enough for the Giants to want him back. Even with Jones, he played all 16 once so far, but he's 25. 

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It's sad how many franchise records Carr would own right now if he started with us. 

I think we all know Carr isn't perfect but he is the best option on the table unless we handle all of our needs in FA and trade up in the draft. The other options Mariota, Winston, Minshew, Mayfield (If Rams let him walk), and Jimmy G. If we're considering trading, it's one of the 49ers' QBs (if Purdy lights it up), Brissett, Daniel Jones?, and Lamar Jackson (Long shot). 

Jimmy G has played 16 games once in his career so far. Daniel Jones is very interesting, but we'll have to see if he did enough for the Giants to want him back. Even with Jones, he played all 16 once so far, but he's 25. 

Jordan Love... Don't forget about him.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Don't be ridiculous.    I don't see how will Carr put Jets below below below the level where Wilson has been handling.

I meant in that we'd probably trade and hand over a big contract to a QB who is a massive letdown and regresses not that we'd necessarily have a top 3 pick (or not for the Broncos).

11 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

I meant in that we'd probably trade and hand over a big contract to a QB who is a massive letdown and regresses not that we'd necessarily have a top 3 pick (or not for the Broncos).

No trade clause is tricky but despite many think it will take 2nd round pick to land him JD should not fork over any higher than 3rd round pick.  His current contract is heavy so JD has no reason to give him new contract.

10 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

We don't need to trade for someone who has barely ever played and would probably command a 1st round pick.

Love has sat behind Rodgers for 3 years so he is ready to take a shot. He should be better prepared for game than Wilson has ever.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Man some of you are blinded. The idea that some of you think we wouldn’t be a good team with Carr or Jimmy G is baffling. We’re 7-9 or possibly 8-9 with garbage for us at QB play this season. We’d be a shoe in for playoffs if we got one of them. GE would be a top 10 WR likely. Etc.

The pessimism is off the charts for sure. 

Baker Mayfield doesn't make sense here. The way he played with a loaded roster in Carolina the first four weeks is mind numbing. He's not that good and never has been that good. He's a one read QB. That day he tore us up in his first start -- I haven't seen much development in his game since then. I'd rather sign up for Darnold if we're going cheap. Minshew has footwork issues which has been put on full display in Jacksonville. Loaded roster and he can't hit a lick. Mayfield sucks. Teddy sucks. Mariota isn't a starter. Carr, Geno, Jimmy G or Darnold make sense....and are the Jets castaways coming here? Probably not, but I like them lol. 

5 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

The pessimism is off the charts for sure. 

Baker Mayfield doesn't make sense here. The way he played with a loaded roster in Carolina the first four weeks is mind numbing. He's not that good and never has been that good. He's a one read QB. That day he tore us up in his first start -- I haven't seen much development in his game since then. I'd rather sign up for Darnold if we're going cheap. Minshew has footwork issues which has been put on full display in Jacksonville. Loaded roster and he can't hit a lick. Mayfield sucks. Teddy sucks. Mariota isn't a starter. Carr, Geno, Jimmy G or Darnold make sense....and are the Jets castaways coming here? Probably not, but I like them lol. 

I’ve hated Baker since his college days. So I want nothing to do with him.

For me besides anything unrealistic. I want Jimmy G as option 1. Carr as option 2. And Darnold as option 3. Surely we can land one of them.