QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Fact is none of us know how much longer Rodgers will play. Might be 1 year, might be 5. Who knows. So for anyone speaking in absolutes like he's only playing 1 year.... is speaking out of their @$$

I think it's a 2 team race for Rodgers. We should only have to outbid LV. Rodgers doesn't have a no trade clause. But he can always say he'll just retire if he doesn't like the team GB wants to trade him to. Something tells me, he'd be just fine with a trade to either of us though.

I'm more worried about us thinking we'll get Rodgers and GB not wanting to trade him till post June 1 for cap reasons. So we miss out on Carr and Jimmy G and others thinking we'll get him. We then miss out on Rodgers and are forced to sign a poor vet to compete with Wilson for the starting job. And we have garbage play for yet another year meaning our good GM might be fired and likely Saleh fired.

JD I have faith in. But he needs clarity on the Rodgers situation in the next week. See how things look. As of now (according to the media) LV is the favorite for him. So see if that is in fact true. If it's not looking good with Rodgers, you HAVE TO turn to Carr and make a deal between now and 2 days post SB (assuming Carr would waive his not trade clause for us). Draft compensation shouldn't be much. And we would continue to build this roster. But with a good QB at the helm for 4-5 more years. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Fact is none of us know how much longer Rodgers will play. Might be 1 year, might be 5. Who knows. So for anyone speaking in absolutes like he's only playing 1 year.... is speaking out of their @$$

I think it's a 2 team race for Rodgers. We should only have to outbid LV. Rodgers doesn't have a no trade clause. But he can always say he'll just retire if he doesn't like the team GB wants to trade him to. Something tells me, he'd be just fine with a trade to either of us though.

I'm more worried about us thinking we'll get Rodgers and GB not wanting to trade him till post June 1 for cap reasons. So we miss out on Carr and Jimmy G and others thinking we'll get him. We then miss out on Rodgers and are forced to sign a poor vet to compete with Wilson for the starting job. And we have garbage play for yet another year meaning our good GM might be fired and likely Saleh fired.

JD I have faith in. But he needs clarity on the Rodgers situation in the next week. See how things look. As of now (according to the media) LV is the favorite for him. So see if that is in fact true. If it's not looking good with Rodgers, you HAVE TO turn to Carr and make a deal between now and 2 days post SB (assuming Carr would waive his not trade clause for us). Draft compensation shouldn't be much. And we would continue to build this roster. But with a good QB at the helm for 4-5 more years. 

Ya I'm thinking the same. Once Brady got done I knew the Raiders are going after Rodgers. This brings him to nice weather and WAY lower taxes and add the fact he is with Adams again. Ya not looking good at all. I'm going all in on Carr right now. I don't care about those few games he played in the cold. I think that is over rated anyways. These guys sit on heated benches and heat cannons all over the place. Heck the field has heat so the ground is soft. Give me Carr now. It is pretty rare for a QB at his level and age hit the market. You go after it now. 

Edited by jetfuel34
  • Like 1

Im over the Rodgers talk. I think he is more likely to stay in Green Bay than he is to come here. Go try and get Carr without giving up too much. More longevity in that move, will cost less in assets as we continue to build our foundation. Window has JUST begun. We haven't even made the playoffs yet with this group and we're freaking about about our window. Yes well pay Quinnen and Sauce in Garrett at some point...but guess what, we wont have dipsh!t contracts like Mosley at $21m, Carl at $15m, Tomlinson at like $13m etc....or even Corey Davis who I like, but he is never available. We have a GM whose done a great job of signing guys but having out's the the contracts. Would Rodgers be fun? Hell yeah, but we can't afford to miss out on other guys who could significantly help us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m more interested in what QB we are drafting at this point

Then you haven't paid attention to what our owner, GM and HC have been saying. You can wish for that if you want. But reality is is we're bringing in a vet guy that should almost definitely start for us. Who that starting vet is is the question. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Few things: 

1. I absolutely believe Rodgers plays more than one season. If Rodgers is traded, he's gonna have a massive chip on his shoulder. See his performance after we drafted Love. He wants another MVP to tie Peyton Manning and if he brings a SB to NY, he will be worshipped by two fanbases.

2. It's a prevailing thought in the Packers forum that our FO structured his contract in a way that makes it more valuable in a trade. I highly doubt we wait till post june 1st. We'll want to recoup assets this year since whatever team Rodgers is traded to is most likely a late 1st next year vs #7(Raiders) or #13(Jets)

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel the same way when people say he will bring a SB to this team.

I don't like anyone other than Rodgers at this point because of the OC hire. Hackett/Carr scares me as a combination. That has Denver Broncos-esque implosion written all over it. I would only want Carr if released so no draft picks are sent to LV. But I am still all in on Rodgers. 

Jimmy G? I think he is safer than Carr. But not good enough to take us where we want to go. But, he could be a good bridge if we draft someone interesting in the 3-5 rounds. 

Anybody else would be a massive disappointment and failure. 

My ideal QB off-season?

- Trade for Rodgers

- Trade Wilson to anywhere for anything

- Sign any semi-competent backup QB

- Draft Anthony Richardson for the future.

17 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I don't like anyone other than Rodgers at this point because of the OC hire. Hackett/Carr scares me as a combination. That has Denver Broncos-esque implosion written all over it. I would only want Carr if released so no draft picks are sent to LV. But I am still all in on Rodgers. 

Jimmy G? I think he is safer than Carr. But not good enough to take us where we want to go. But, he could be a good bridge if we draft someone interesting in the 3-5 rounds. 

Anybody else would be a massive disappointment and failure. 

My ideal QB off-season?

- Trade for Rodgers

- Trade Wilson to anywhere for anything

- Sign any semi-competent backup QB

- Draft Anthony Richardson for the future.

You want nothing to do with Anthony Richarson. His throws in college are good awful. He has no ball placement. 

I would like Rodgers too but he is going to the Raiders. Once Brady got done the Raiders jumped on Rodgers. 

Carr is the only other option. 

35 minutes ago, xrade said:

I feel the same way when people say he will bring a SB to this team.

I don’t think anyone I’ve seen says he’ll bring us a SB. I’ve seen a ton of us say he puts us in that talk. Where that’s realistic.

Absolutes are pretty dumb to speak in. But if he’s brought here and healthy. I don’t think if you had to wager every asset you own on us not only making the playoffs but takeaway winning a game in the playoffs you’d bet against that.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Then you haven't paid attention to what our owner, GM and HC have been saying. You can wish for that if you want. But reality is is we're bringing in a vet guy that should almost definitely start for us. Who that starting vet is is the question. 

I’m not talking about a starter