Maxx Fricken Crosby

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, for sure. He could do with more help and he is still getting held a lot which may have a big impact. The pressures are great and show he's impacting but I just want those drive-ending sacks and FFs for me to put him in that All Pro category. Hopefully this is the year!

I'd bet he's the most held DL in the NFL.  OL hold onto him like he's the love of their lives.  I've never seen someone held so much ever.  Referees just watch it like it's their favorite show.  If they called every hold on Crosby, the teams we play against would be averaging 5-10 penalties more per game easily.

Edited by Jerry

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

I'd bet he's the most held DL in the NFL.  OL hold onto him like he's the love of their lives.  I've never seen someone held so much ever.  Referees just watch it like it's their favorite show.  If they called every hold on Crosby, the teams we play against would be averaging 5-10 penalties more per game easily.

Mack was also held a lot. I see Crosby getting held a lot and figure the Offense is probably distracting the ref and it's a called play. lol

17 hours ago, G said:

Mack was also held a lot. I see Crosby getting held a lot and figure the Offense is probably distracting the ref and it's a called play. lol

This reminded me of when Will Ferrell was in Semi Pro and he had all the players wearing mascara to be intimidating to the other team.  

The referees see it, they just ignore it.  There are literally two referees responsible for watching the OL and DL to make sure holding doesn't happen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

My prediction was the defense would improve to middle of the pack based on Maxx have a DPOY effort. Through 5 games, he's playing at that level. If there was 1 other star on that defense, things would be really interesting. 

I couldn't imagine us having two stars on defense at once.  I don't think we've ever had two stars.  Maybe 2006 Derrick Burgess and Nnamdi Asomugha.  Or Bruce Irvin and Khalil Mack (and a super lucky Reggie Nelson with his 5 INTs).  

Would be crazy if we signed a star player on defense this upcoming offseason that actually panned out.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

My prediction was the defense would improve to middle of the pack based on Maxx have a DPOY effort. Through 5 games, he's playing at that level. If there was 1 other star on that defense, things would be really interesting. 

They aren’t stars but we have been getting solid contributions from Moerhig, Hobbs, Spillane , Deablo and John Jenkins this season so far

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I’ve been a little harsh in the past but he’s clearly taken that next step and is playing at an All Pro level. I wouldn’t swap him for any other DE in the NFL, he definitely should be in contention for DPoY if he keeps this up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hutchinson is a beast mind, that kid is going to be very, very good too.

Some great young pass rushers in the league now with Parsons, Watt, Bosa, Garrett and the likes of Thibodeaux, Reddick, Burns, Gary and Jaelen Phillips also flashing massive potential. Even guys like Sweat, Sweat, Rousseau and Allen have shown flashes. Good time for thos eof us who like the DLine :)