Maxx Fricken Crosby

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’d agree, possibly not quite as naturally talented as Mack but he’s basically the face of the franchise and a guy who makes his teammates better, he’s probably a more influential figure than Mack. Both great, great players though.

If I had to choose between them I’d probably go Crosby for the influence and way the current Raiders are kind of a reflection of him. He sets the tone of the team. 

Mack was a better athlete, no doubt, and a little more powerful, but at the end of the day, Mack and Crosby put up about the same end-results. I think Maxx is a lot more technical than Mack, more creative than Mack, and a smarter player than Mack (and I don’t mean that as disrespect). I also think Maxx has more stamina and a better leader than Mack. With that said, Mack’s athleticism made up for a lot. End-result, they are equal players in their prime IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Mack was a better athlete, no doubt, and a little more powerful, but at the end of the day, Mack and Crosby put up about the same end-results. I think Maxx is a lot more technical than Mack, more creative than Mack, and a smarter player than Mack (and I don’t mean that as disrespect). I also think Maxx has more stamina and a better leader than Mack. With that said, Mack’s athleticism made up for a lot. End-result, they are equal players in their prime IMO. 

Totally agree, we as fans have been lucky to have both but unlucky not to have the two together!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Just hope Crosby learns how to create turnovers on the strip sack like Mack did year 3 or 4 
definitely teachable; and if Crosby can learn itll help his sack numbers too. 

the only thing with Crosby is his over pursuit, I’d run delay runs at his side. 
you couldn’t run to Mack’s side early on.

Also not a knock on Crosby, just as a OC I’d be thinking couple delayed runs early on his side might make him slow down a bit, and you can def catch him from time to time. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I wish they would shut him down for the rest of the season. Get the surgery he needs and allow him to rehab. Gain nothing by playing him the rest of the season. Use this time to give Tyree those extra reps. 

What is his injury anyways? If it requires surgery then 100%, shut him down.

23 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

im sure once they are mathematically eliminated theyll shut him down, i bet maxx lobbying they can still win out and make it...  

from his podcast it sounded like he caught a fluke infection which caused the swelling plus he had the flu. But he says the bye was a perfect timing and he’s all good now. Having a bye that late in the season in brutal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 7:47 PM, Nodisrespect said:

My favorite Raider, so proud of him. He turned himself into a boss.

There is two things we are all united on. 

Maxx Crosby is a complete beast, best player on the team, Top 5 defensive player in the league, and deserves every dollar. 

And Jimmy G has the skills equivalent to a dumpster, filled with rats and maggots, and a smell more vile than the Chargers. 

• Like 2

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I’m pissed Crosby costing us Harbaugh. We going suck for the next 2 years. Chargers doing everything we should have, tanked and signed Harbaugh 

You're assuming Harbaugh would pick the Raiders over the Chargers if we both offered him the job.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You're assuming Harbaugh would pick the Raiders over the Chargers if we both offered him the job.

I’ll rather have Ben Johnson, Frank Smith, Dan Quinn, Joe Brady…. We smoke cigars after missing the playoffs. I’m sorry but it’s cringe. It’s a gimmick. Yell out Raiders and quote Al Davis and the fanbase will love you. Vikings, Colts ….. we stood no shot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Joe Brady

Geez, sure don't agree with that one.

AP came into a totally toxic environment and turned around the entire room and got some impressive results. If he was the HC the entire season we honestly make the playoffs. That is very impressive given the fact we had a washed Jimmy and raw AOC at the helm, and we have squandered decades of draft picks/FA cash.

That and the fact the players would die for him has earned him the opportunity at a short-term contract imo. Back to back cycles we hired the flashy "Offensive genius" options and got historically burnt both times. It's time we finally hire a leader.

• Like 1