Week 13: Jets (7-4) at VIKINGS (9-2)

swede700

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Watched the highlights on YouTube....I wish it was only missed tackles.

Otoh, Minnesota looked unstoppable on their good drives. I wonder what the deal is with the bag ones, though clearly today it was dropped passes and bad passes 

I don't know if it's how they're coached but one MASSIVE thing I've saw this year is that they wrap a guy up and instead of completing the tackle, they endlessly try and rip the ball out.

I think it was the Thanksgiving game where two guys had the Pats RB stopped after a 5 yard again or whatever and both guys started going for the ball and he got an extra 5-7 yards because of such.

Turnovers *are* important but the first guy needs to get the guy down and the guy coming in after goes for the ball if he can.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I don't know if it's how they're coached but one MASSIVE thing I've saw this year is that they wrap a guy up and instead of completing the tackle, they endlessly try and rip the ball out.

I think it was the Thanksgiving game where two guys had the Pats RB stopped after a 5 yard again or whatever and both guys started going for the ball and he got an extra 5-7 yards because of such.

Turnovers *are* important but the first guy needs to get the guy down and the guy coming in after goes for the ball if he can.

Could be. But the bigger problem is just how often receivers are wide open. 

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Didn't realize it was Patrick Jones who had the sack.  How's he doing? I wanted the Jets to take him his draft year.

He's a pretty good backup for us now and someone I would be fine starting for stretches if he had to.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s what happens in zone coverage if a team can’t get pressure. 

Donatell’s refusal to scheme up ways to create pressure is becoming a fireable offense. 

Didn't the qb have an extremely quick release time? Even if they did blitz,  they need to disrupt the WRs enough to give the blitz time to get home

We’re still starting guys who are/were 4th on the depth chart. Evans played well and is looking like a good foundational piece. Dantzler will be back next week. If we can keep those three healthy for the playoffs, that will help a lot. 

Shelley made some nice plays too. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

We’re still starting guys who are/were 4th on the depth chart. Evans played well and is looking like a good foundational piece. Dantzler will be back next week. If we can keep those three healthy for the playoffs, that will help a lot. 

Shelley made some nice plays too. 

This is hard to recall at times..... Like when the Twins were literally missing their top five OFers at the same time. Missing this many DBs is tough 

• Like 2