Week 13: NY Jets vs MIN Vikings

Bobby816

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

It doesn't look good that Wilson struggled against the Patriots that much, when the Patriots defense got carved up by other QBs around that game.

Lolololol.  What?  The Pats haven't allowed a 300 yard passer all season 

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t know if MLF felt more confident with White at the helm but we were throwing too often too early. 

It seems to be MLF’s MO to pass a lot when down by more than a TD. He did that when Flacco played against ? earlier in the season. 

Its circle the wagon time boys and girls, now some in the media are coming to the defense of MLF. Yes the toads in the media are giving kudos to the Jets having stayed in there and fought to the end. Did you expect anything less?

But there are some who are not so blind to give White a pass, on the whole he played Okay, but 2 of his passes were dropped by the Vike's D which would have given him 4 on the day. How convenient to look past that, or that many of his passes were behind players.

But hey 6 field goals no TD's? MLF has to pass 60 times in the game? They refuse to use a power back to run it in or TE use.

MLF gets a pass, look at the effort, look at the grit, LOOK AT THE LOSS.

2 hours ago, Big T said:

Its circle the wagon time boys and girls, now some in the media are coming to the defense of MLF. Yes the toads in the media are giving kudos to the Jets having stayed in there and fought to the end. Did you expect anything less?

But there are some who are not so blind to give White a pass, on the whole he played Okay, but 2 of his passes were dropped by the Vike's D which would have given him 4 on the day. How convenient to look past that, or that many of his passes were behind players.

But hey 6 field goals no TD's? MLF has to pass 60 times in the game? They refuse to use a power back to run it in or TE use.

If you were the OC, what would you have differently?  Personally, I think we abandoned the run game a little too soon.  But what would you have done?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big T said:

So what’s your solution? Think we should go back to Zach Wilson? Will that help us?

On 12/6/2022 at 8:53 AM, xrade said:

If you were the OC, what would you have differently?  Personally, I think we abandoned the run game a little too soon.  But what would you have done?

I would have run the ball down their throat and brought in a bull to do it. The Chicago Bears had an OL called the Refrigerator and on goal line stances would run this guy in. NO ONE was able to stop him!  

You get the most physically gifted OL/DT/DE and road grade their butts.

But you weren't born then I would guess. Oh, they won the S.B. that year. The Refrigerator that was his claim to fame and Buddy Ryan was the Coach then.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:03 PM, GangGreen420 said:

So what’s your solution? Think we should go back to Zach Wilson? Will that help us?

I think the Wilson saga is not yet completed. I don't think its a matter of talent, he has shown flashes of his potential. To the credit of other more accomplished QB's including Rogers and Josh Allen believe he is going to be special.

I believe he is going to be special too. Here's my take on what's taking place and what should have taken place.

He should have sat the pine, have the position he now has, learned how to read defenses, became a student of how it is done on a professional level. 

Instead (and this is on management) management got caught up with all the eye candy, when clearly Wilson was not mature enough for the NFL game. 

But if you listen to what the coaching staff is saying is "the future belongs to Wilson" they envision him as the heir apparent on the Jets. Saleh has said as much.

Will Wilson turn the corner and become what we all hoped he would be, a franchise altering QB or will he fall to the wayside?

I always thought Mayfield was going to be a very good QB in the NFL, in fact the Jets would have made him the number 1 pick that year.

I don't think the book on Mayfield has been written yet, he showed us he can still sling it, and he has the talent to be a good QB. Sometimes it's the people pulling the strings that are the problem. Cleveland gave up on him for Watson.

Carolina gave up on him, because they are bankrupt managerially. They haven't a clue. They release Mayfield, and he turns around and gives the performance of his short career.

Lets not make the same mistake with Wilson, let him learn, sit him, and when they think he is ready insert him.

Mike White is a backup for a reason, either that or management doesn't have a clue what they are doing at the QB position and White is the future. 

Mike White should have thrown 3 int's instead of 2, he proved that either he or the OC can't score when it counts. But lets be fair, say it is 50-50 thats a sad commentary on the state of the offense going into the final games of the season. 

It's the Jets Defense which have made them a team to be reckoned with, offensively they have fallen apart when Hall was injured. Suddenly were a run first team, NO, but I believe we have an OC who is predictable.

All you have to do is go to the coaches who have been successful in this league to see the losses the Jets have to know its true. Belacheat is 4-0 against MFL's offense, he knows how to defend him, he knows his tendencies.

In fact Phil Simms will tell you he has a pattern of going over the middle on his pass plays. HELLO!!! So doe's everyone else. So guess where Mike White throws his final pass which is intercepted, dead center over the middle. Good Night sweet prince.

Let Wilson sit, let him learn, and then lets see what we have. Because I personally think he is the future, and White the backup. Period.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

I think the Wilson saga is not yet completed. I don't think its a matter of talent, he has shown flashes of his potential. To the credit of other more accomplished QB's including Rogers and Josh Allen believe he is going to be special.

I believe he is going to be special too. Here's my take on what's taking place and what should have taken place.

He should have sat the pine, have the position he now has, learned how to read defenses, became a student of how it is done on a professional level. 

Instead (and this is on management) management got caught up with all the eye candy, when clearly Wilson was not mature enough for the NFL game. 

But if you listen to what the coaching staff is saying is "the future belongs to Wilson" they envision him as the heir apparent on the Jets. Saleh has said as much.

Will Wilson turn the corner and become what we all hoped he would be, a franchise altering QB or will he fall to the wayside?

I always thought Mayfield was going to be a very good QB in the NFL, in fact the Jets would have made him the number 1 pick that year.

I don't think the book on Mayfield has been written yet, he showed us he can still sling it, and he has the talent to be a good QB. Sometimes it's the people pulling the strings that are the problem. Cleveland gave up on him for Watson.

Carolina gave up on him, because they are bankrupt managerially. They haven't a clue. They release Mayfield, and he turns around and gives the performance of his short career.

Lets not make the same mistake with Wilson, let him learn, sit him, and when they think he is ready insert him.

Mike White is a backup for a reason, either that or management doesn't have a clue what they are doing at the QB position and White is the future. 

Mike White should have thrown 3 int's instead of 2, he proved that either he or the OC can't score when it counts. But lets be fair, say it is 50-50 thats a sad commentary on the state of the offense going into the final games of the season. 

It's the Jets Defense which have made them a team to be reckoned with, offensively they have fallen apart when Hall was injured. Suddenly were a run first team, NO, but I believe we have an OC who is predictable.

All you have to do is go to the coaches who have been successful in this league to see the losses the Jets have to know its true. Belacheat is 4-0 against MFL's offense, he knows how to defend him, he knows his tendencies.

In fact Phil Simms will tell you he has a pattern of going over the middle on his pass plays. HELLO!!! So doe's everyone else. So guess where Mike White throws his final pass which is intercepted, dead center over the middle. Good Night sweet prince.

Let Wilson sit, let him learn, and then lets see what we have. Because I personally think he is the future, and White the backup. Period.

Well earlier in the week Saleh pretty much said this is White show until he shows he can't do it. Right now White has everything going for him. If White plays at a high level all year Wilson will not be the future. This will be White's team and he is 27 years old so he has plenty of years left. When you have a QB that says the wrong things and the team turns its back on him the team is telling you he is no good. Moore at least had the balls to ask for a trade because rumors had it no WR liked how he was playing. They cut the playbook way back so Wilson would protect the ball more and he still turned it over. There was one play during the Pats game EVERYONE on the team knew it would be a pass and Wilson handed the ball off. You can't have a QB doing this. I for one would rather bring in Mayfield to go against White if they are not happy with White. 

Saleh did say Wilson is on the scout team to go against the 1's on D to just complete passes. They are going WAY back like high school level to clean everything up. Wilson is a long ways away from being a starter again in this league. This team can't wait 2 or 3 years. That is when the cap will hurt us with all these young guys looking to get paid. The window is now and not years down the road. 

3 hours ago, Big T said:

The time for Wilson to sit and learn has come and gone sir. I’d be willing to bet you any amount of money he is not the starting QB of the future for this team. 

it doesn’t matter what the coaches say. They also said Wilson would play no matter what barring injury. I literally said multiple times he would be benched if he played the way he did in New England. 

Wilson will likely get one more shot to show what he has, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. His teammates grew impatient, THATS why he’s not playing. When you’re trying to make a playoff push the best players play. There was no way the coaches could sell that any longer  to the locker room.

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 1