Week 13: San Francisco 49ers vs Miami Dolphins

J-ALL-DAY

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Good luck gentlemen. Most Dolphins fans are pretty pessimistic about this one (especially if Armstead can't play). Frankly, I'll probably be happy so long as Tua doesn't get killed by Nick Bosa. In any event, good luck - hopefully it's a great game with no injuries!

Same to you, good luck, if Armstead is out, watch out for Nick, also if Austin Johnson is out too, idk the final injury reports.

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yep, I noticed that as well. Allen called a great game while the offense was just a bit off for majority of the game. The route combinations at times just weren't good against the defense we were facing. Overall, Allen got the better of Shanahan for sure on Sunday.

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, I noticed that as well. Allen called a great game while the offense was just a bit off for majority of the game. The route combinations at times just weren't good against the defense we were facing. Overall, Allen got the better of Shanahan for sure on Sunday.

There may be some truth to this, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there was no on-field prep work done for this game. Jimmy was not accurate all game long and missed several throws and reads. Could that be because they confused him? Sure. Could it be because he didn't get practice time for this defense? Yes. 

Watching the All-22 made it clear that he missed some easy throws and also put the ball in the wrong spot on decent/good coverage. 

Credit to the Saints for playing well, but if this game wasn't after Mexico, I think we would've scored more points and still won the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

There may be some truth to this, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that there was no on-field prep work done for this game. Jimmy was not accurate all game long and missed several throws and reads. Could that be because they confused him? Sure. Could it be because he didn't get practice time for this defense? Yes. 

Watching the All-22 made it clear that he missed some easy throws and also put the ball in the wrong spot on decent/good coverage. 

Credit to the Saints for playing well, but if this game wasn't after Mexico, I think we would've scored more points and still won the game. 

Of course, I already mentioned they had no true practices last week and that had an impact in the offensive performance. However, the Saints did some good things defensively and knew how to slow this offense down. Not that it is anything out of the ordinary, but they packed the middle of the field, dropped 8 man in coverage a handful of times and then they just flat out won the match ups up front. Good performance from the Saints defense! 

This trend actually started late last season and I hated it then and hate it now. I understand his role had to be tweaked with all the RB injuries we had but for Shanahan to use him this way with who we have had and have now at RB is terrible. Often times, Deebo is just used as an decoy and he is FAR more than that. At least start attacking Deebo in the intermediate area and give him chances to break some for long gains. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

only thing missing is kinlaw arriving to practice with a squirrel in hand.

Honestly, putting Armstead into the group of Givens, Ridgeway, and Megill is good enough for me. It would be nice to have Kinlaw, but I don't think we'll ever have him for more than 50% of the season, and even that might be too generous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Lombardi lol 

Jimmy doesn't have to be the reason for the team's success. Ok. But I don't see why he has to be the reason for the team's failures either. I know that's not who whatever is in that clip is saying exactly, but I think that would have been a fair caveat to add. It has to be either/or with him. Both can be true.  

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Jimmy doesn't have to be the reason for the team's success. Ok. But I don't see why he has to be the reason for the team's failures either. I know that's not who whatever is in that clip is saying, but that has been the narrative for him by a contingent of folks. It has to be either/or with him. Both can be true.  

Here's the thing though, and one of the reasons I dislike Lombardi - he basically fires these shots at the extremists to rile folks up. He's always targeting the extremist view when he knows damn well, given that he's all about "logic and being reasonable",  that most don't see him as the worst QB ever or something. But targeting that viewpoint, as though it's the one that is universally shared and Jimmy is some massive underdog will get the most chatter. 

David Lombardi is ostensibly the same as Grant Cohn, he's just got better branding. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Here's the thing though, and one of the reasons I dislike Lombardi - he basically fires these shots at the extremists to rile folks up. He's always targeting the extremist view when he knows damn well, given that he's all about "logic and being reasonable",  that most don't see him as the worst QB ever or something. But targeting that viewpoint, as though it's the one that is universally shared and Jimmy is some massive underdog will get the most chatter. 

David Lombardi is ostensibly the same as Grant Cohn, he's just got better branding. 

Oh yeah, I wasn't talking about Lombardi. Even as someone who is more forgiving with Jimmy as the 49ers starter, Lombardi's takes have been a little too biased in favor of Jimmy. He needs to cool it. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1