Week 13 GT: Bears vs CheeSeheads

beardown3231

Clear to see Leatherwood is just more athletic than the likes of Borom…would like to see him be attacked with power to see how he holds up but no doubt he deserves more snaps over the next few games…if he can hold up again the Eagles & Bills he can old up against anyone…what a bonus that would be if he could give us enough confidence to not sign a really expensive RT in free agency.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Clear to see Leatherwood is just more athletic than the likes of Borom…would like to see him be attacked with power to see how he holds up but no doubt he deserves more snaps over the next few games…if he can hold up again the Eagles & Bills he can old up against anyone…what a bonus that would be if he could give us enough confidence to not sign a really expensive RT in free agency.

Ive said it for a bit now, I think more of the 2023 Offensive Line is already on the roster than most around here want to admit (or atleast hope)

• I feel like Jones has shown enough that you keep that going into next season. 
  • With all the cap space, I dont know how you justify cutting Whitehair, he should be a locked in starter.
  • I dont like him, but for relatively cheap, I could see Mustipher back (hopefully as just depth
  • Patrick should still be here, at the least as your 6 Lineman, especially for the iniside
  • Jenkins is you RG, lets not say anymore
  • Ive said my peace about Borom, he doesnt fit, but hes a fine lineman. He would hate being backup but cant fault us for keeping him around.
  • Leatherwood has talent, and should get some more run here, I think hes another at minimum depth guy

That right there is already 7 guys, and not even talking about other young guys we recently drafted/picked up. Mustipher and Borom are guys I can see us moving on from rather easily, but I dont think we see a complete overhaul coming. I think they have set their floor with alot of these guys, because they FIT THE SYSTEM. I know some of you wont like that, Im just explaining it.

We desperately need a Dominant Center, that would solidify this unit, and make everyone else better. Its the key to this OL

I’m still so baffled by the play calling yesterday, specifically in the red zone. Why take the ball out Fields hands inside the 20? The only explanation I can think of is they’re afraid he’s too willing to put his shoulder into someone at the goal line. It almost felt like it was methodical tanking but I don’t believe Flus would do that. Also, enough of the WR screens that never work. 

10 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

I’m still so baffled by the play calling yesterday, specifically in the red zone. Why take the ball out Fields hands inside the 20? The only explanation I can think of is they’re afraid he’s too willing to put his shoulder into someone at the goal line. It almost felt like it was methodical tanking but I don’t believe Flus would do that. Also, enough of the WR screens that never work. 

Because they are trying to lose...

This shouldn't be that hard to comprehend

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive said it for a bit now, I think more of the 2023 Offensive Line is already on the roster than most around here want to admit (or atleast hope)

• With all the cap space, I dont know how you justify cutting Whitehair, he should be a locked in starter.
  • I dont like him, but for relatively cheap, I could see Mustipher back (hopefully as just depth
  • Patrick should still be here, at the least as your 6 Lineman, especially for the iniside
  • Ive said my peace about Borom, he doesnt fit, but hes a fine lineman. He would hate being backup but cant fault us for keeping him around.
  • Leatherwood has talent, and should get some more run here, I think hes another at minimum depth guy

That right there is already 7 guys, and not even talking about other young guys we recently drafted/picked up. Mustipher and Borom are guys I can see us moving on from rather easily, but I dont think we see a complete overhaul coming. I think they have set their floor with alot of these guys, because they FIT THE SYSTEM. I know some of you wont like that, Im just explaining it.

We desperately need a Dominant Center, that would solidify this unit, and make everyone else better. Its the key to this OL

Completely agree on Jones. I can’t wait to see how he looks after another full offseason. Him and Jenkins have all pro potential. 

I also agree on your point about the a center. For me that is the top priority on offense just ahead of RT and WR. 

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Because they are trying to lose...

This shouldn't be that hard to comprehend

That absolutely would explain it and you may be right. I just have a hard time seeing a guy like Flus buy into the tank. I don’t doubt at all that Poles would be pushing that behind the scenes. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I get the running joke, but for lurkers I think we should make it clear that I was not one who said this.

I'll go ahead and fall on that sword since i said it. but tbf, look at those games

DET - lost on a missed exp

ATL - lost by 3, probably should have won that game

NYJ - they are the jets, and wilson was playing like dog **** when i made the statement. this was a big L, but if wilson and fields played, it would have been a completely different game

GB - that's maybe the 2nd worst GB team i've ever seen the bears play since rodgers has been the starter and it was absolutely a winnable game

so yeah, losing those 4 games when i thought they should be wins looks bad, but there's a whole lot of context missing

42 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I'll go ahead and fall on that sword since i said it. but tbf, look at those games

DET - lost on a missed exp

ATL - lost by 3, probably should have won that game

NYJ - they are the jets, and wilson was playing like dog **** when i made the statement. this was a big L, but if wilson and fields played, it would have been a completely different game

GB - that's maybe the 2nd worst GB team i've ever seen the bears play since rodgers has been the starter and it was absolutely a winnable game

so yeah, losing those 4 games when i thought they should be wins looks bad, but there's a whole lot of context missing

LOL.  I don't think badly of you.   

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think looking around the league there are teams running this scheme without dominant offensive lines so spending a ton of money might not be the best of options...that said we 100% need a better centre option...I think for the money we are paying Whitehair we could cut him and get better play from someone else for around the same money...and at RT we just need someone to stamp their authority and show they can be a long-term starter there...Braxton Jones for me has been a fantastic pick who has his ups and down early but is getting better and better as the season goes on...no doubt he should be given the right to continue to start at LT...Jenkins has turned out to be one of the better OGs in the NFL...for me if Leatherwood can step up over the last 4 games of the season and show he can be solid at RT I go out and sign Garrett Bradbury who knows this scheme really well and bee rock solid all year and the sign Elgton Jenkins to replace Whitehair at LG...at that point you have put yourself in a position where you have 5 quality starters and you can draft and develop mid to late round picks long term...

If Leatherwood doesn't look like he could be a starter next year, then I keep Whitehair and sign a RT...possibly still Jenkins.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That's why I have been saying Borom should be an OG. He's a plus athlete there but a bit of a plodded at times in space. 

Id like to see Leatherwood attack a bit rather than give up quite so much ground on the delayed blitz too. Not a huge critique but a top athlete could eat him up with that much room.