Fallout TV Show

MKnight82

That trailer looks great.

-Shady Sands mention on the library sign!

-That is ABSOLUTELY Matt Berry's voice for the Mr Handy, which rules

-The reference to the first Fallout 3 trailer is pretty sick, with "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" kicking in right as the protagonist starts looking inside a destroyed car

-Walton Goggins's ghoul character looks to have a similar backstory to the Vault-Tec rep you meet at the very beginning of Fallout 4

This looks really fun. And most importantly, they are adapting the WORLD of Fallout, NOT the story of a particular game. That is always the deathblow of any video game show or movie before it is even released. Video game narratives rarely, if ever, translate well to a movie/show narrative. The much better course of action seems to be what this Fallout show is doing. I'm excited!

• Like 3

As someone who hasn't played the Fallout games, this looks like a lot of fun. I'm not sure what the overall plot is going to be, I'm fine with that, but the setting looks really cool. And the overall aesthetic definitely has me intrigued.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not really excited for it, but will definitely give it a watch.

Why aren't you excited? Assuming you've played the games but if not, I get it

Hide spoilers if going into details that might give away anything Gnat, or anyone who hasn't played the game, might not want to see

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Why aren't you excited? Assuming you've played the games but if not, I get it

Hide spoilers if going into details that might give away anything Gnat, or anyone who hasn't played the game, might not want to see

I tried the games but never got into them. Trailer looks great don’t get me wrong, but I have no attachment that gets me excited for it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I definitely gonna watch this.

But i'm also probably going to miss so many "inside jokes" i bet.  Because i never could actually get into the game itself.  Just way too open-ended.  And when given the chance to do "self-guided" story and exploration...i'll usually just stick around and set up camp where i'm at.

ING loved it

https://www.ign.com/articles/fallout-season-1-review-amazon-prime-video?utm_source=twitter

9/10

Verdict

A bright and funny apocalypse filled with dark punchlines and bursts of ultra-violence, Fallout stands up there with The Last of Us among the best game adaptations ever made. Brilliantly constructed, its three distinct leads travel through cleverly linked storylines that build to a fantastic finale. Along the way, there’s a megaton of treats for long-term fans thanks to immaculate production design and attention to detail, but never at the expense of making this an ideal starting point for the uninitiated. It’s another special effort from Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, and easily earns a big thumbs up.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781