2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

@KingTitan I like to keep bringing up JRob because (on top of being ridiculed for my opinion and being right) somehow even after he's been fired for giving us the leagues worst OL, WR, and CB position groups, even before injuries, JRob stans still want to debate it. 

I legitimately don't understand.

you are the absolute king of inventing guys to get mad at lmao. i don’t think there’s a single person in this entire forum that can be accurately described as a “jrob stan.” 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Just for clarification, You aren't "ridiculed" for your opinion. It is your presentation that you are some genius for having an opinion. 
And just because people see the positive in what Robinson did and defend those positives, doesn't make them "stans." 
Nobody is on the hill saying we shouldn't have fired him. EVERYONE has noted the bad drafts, bad moves that led to his decline.
Because you were one of the ones that loudly acted as he was the worst GM to ever exist and was fired, all you can do is "I TOLD YOU SO" the forum. That is what makes your posts unappealing and interactions you may experience with others unpleasant. It cheapens your viewpoint to where nobody wants to actually hear what you have to say. Even if you are right.  That is my opinion. 

Maybe i should call you a "Tannehill Stan."  You likely don't care, but even I recognize how that is unproductive.

Still waiting to hear your viewpoint of what determines a good GM or coach for that matter. Are they judged by wins or the product they put on the field?

The presentation is only when it comes to this topic and was only added after the ridicule. Admittedly, you weren't part of the ridicule, so it's not fair to throw it back at you.

My posts were considered unappealing on this subject long before Amy agreed with me. I wasn't going to argue with a mob about it so I just used sarcasm rather childishly. I'm okay with that lol.

People probably would call me a Tannehill Stan, even though they possibly ly agree with me that he's a top 15 QB.

I've avoided the logical argument of what makes a good GM intentionally, because when this conversation started I was told I needed to do a comparison of every GM in the NFL to fairly evaluate JRob, which I still find ridiculous. What it requires is a full evaluation of our roster. 

They are not judged me either or. They're judged by a variety of factors. If you think a roster is good, but you can't win, you're wrong. 

On the flip side, if you're winning, it doesn't necessarily mean you've got a GM building a fantastic roster. QBs and HCs can cover up losses. No one's looking at the Patriots in envy of their roster management.

To me, it was just fairly obvious that the roster had gotten worse three straight years in a row after peaking in 2019 because of the 2019 draft. That is more than long enough time for the ship to be righted if you have the right person in place.

The trade Tannehill vs fire Robinson comparison makes little sense. We're firing JRob in hopes to replace him in a month with someone better. If we ship Tannehill, we know for a fact his immediate successor is probably the worst QB in the NFL. We would be intentionally tanking for multiple years and trying to plug a young QB (Malik or a 2024 draft pick) into the worst supporting cast in the NFL.

No one believes we're going to be intentionally tanking because we fired JRob.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/every_nfl_qb_picked_in_third_round_of_the_draft_in_the_21st_century/s1__37565457

Not to speak in definites. But the odds that Malik ends up being anything other than a back up is highly unlikely. 

He has an arm and that's great. A Lot of guys have rocket arms. He can run some and that's nice. But he has bad mechanics and slow progression. 

Went back and looked at some of his college games and he had a lot of clunkers. Nice player. Seems like a good guy. 

If he don't make a light year jump from last week to this week I don't see a scenario where anyone trusts him as a starter. 

I'd trade up and draft one this year if we are in range.  

What makes Malik any different from someone like Dobbs when he came out?

If you all can't tell, I've soured on Willis. Some things can improve. I can take INTs as a learning curve, but when you scared to throw it, that's trying to put a dog in you, when you don't have it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

What makes Malik any different from someone like Dobbs when he came out?

If you all can't tell, I've soured on Willis. Some things can improve. I can take INTs as a learning curve, but when you scared to throw it, that's trying to put a dog in you, when you don't have it. 

Not much, that's why they were both mid-rounds picks. 3rd round QBs rarely turn into long-term starters. But the front office and coaching staff should have known that before drafting Willis.

It's hard not to get happy feet behind this OL. We've seen Tannehill miss a lot of open guys in key situations because he has no faith in the OL. Knocking a rookie from Liberty for struggling to set his feet and let it fly when defenders surround him in 2 seconds is a little unfair. It's especially deflating when he actually does and completes a good pass only for it to be called back for holding on that same OL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Not much, that's why they were both mid-rounds picks. 3rd round QBs rarely turn into long-term starters. But the front office and coaching staff should have known that before drafting Willis.

It's hard not to get happy feet behind this OL. We've seen Tannehill miss a lot of open guys in key situations because he has no faith in the OL. Knocking a rookie from Liberty for struggling to set his feet and let it fly when defenders surround him in 2 seconds is a little unfair. It's especially deflating when he actually does and completes a good pass only for it to be called back for holding on that same OL.

the bottom line is punting on *any* player after 3 games in their rookie year, let alone a player in a situation that can't feasibly get much worse than it is, is silly. we all know what malik is: a 3rd round pick from a small school with poor fundamentals. that alone makes him unlikely to work out. if you think him looking bad in his first 3 starts given his background, downing at the helm, and a 6th grade rec team at OL and WR makes him, idk, less likely to work out than he already was, i simply don't know what to tell you. doesn't mean anything more than what it is.

Edited by -Hope-

29 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the bottom line is punting on *any* player after 3 games in their rookie year, let alone a player in a situation that can't feasibly get much worse than it is, is silly. we all know what malik is: a 3rd round pick from a small school with poor fundamentals. that alone makes him unlikely to work out. if you think him looking bad in his first 3 starts given his background, downing at the helm, and a 6th grade rec team at OL and WR makes him, idk, less likely to work out than he already was, i simply don't know what to tell you. doesn't mean anything more than what it is.

Very true. 
I won't go full punt on him, but i wouldn't let him being on the team stop me from drafting a QB I like whatever round that is.

Jake Locker got to trending yesterday because of Watt's retirement. I went back and looked at his old games.
We really did execute a plan to make him successful. We didn't pick the right players but it was a great plan! And of course Locker couldn't stay healthy.

2 OT's- Roos and Stewart.
RB- Chris Johnson
WR's- Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Damian Williams, Jared Cook, Lavelle Hawkins, Delaine Walker, Justin Hunter, Bishop Sankey.

We really attacked the offense. Again, sucked at the players, but we did pour some resources into it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Jake Locker got to trending yesterday because of Watt's retirement. I went back and looked at his old games.
We really did execute a plan to make him successful. We didn't pick the right players but it was a great plan! And of course Locker couldn't stay healthy.

RB- Chris Johnson
WR's- Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Damian Williams, Jared Cook, Lavelle Hawkins, Delaine Walker, Justin Hunter, Bishop Sankey.

We really attacked the offense. Again, sucked at the players, but we did pour some resources into it. 

Man do I miss Roos and Stewart

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

RB- Chris Johnson

Locker was totally incapable of reading a defense, too

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Locker was totally incapable of reading a defense, too

Yeah he had a lot faults. lol

I just had to step back and admire our efforts to surround him. Even if we didn't have the culture or right players. lol we attacked it. 
Wish our current staff would put that much effort into our offense. 

• Like 1