2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

All good my man. I'm just leery of a lot of FA spending after our current situation.

You need to flip the roster pretty quickly. Can't do it all through draft. So i think that's why we need the money to spend more this off-season. 

55 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I know it was JRob that made the pick, but I can’t imagine Vrabel had no input. I just don’t understand the logic of picking a player that’s gonna take a while to develop without being willing to wait on that player’s development.

Just don’t spend the capital if it’s something you won’t be willing to wait on.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I know it was JRob that made the pick, but I can’t imagine Vrabel had no input. I just don’t understand the logic of picking a player that’s gonna take a while to develop without being willing to wait on that player’s development.

Just don’t spend the capital if it’s something you won’t be willing to wait on.

Vrabel probably said I rather not have him. It was maybe one of those things they disagreed with. Vrabel likely had NO INTENTION of him seeing the field and hoped he wouldn't. I mean Tannehill had a record streak of starts going. And he likely didn't think his entire OL would implode. 

Thinking about it, just the last week shows how much Vrabel wanted to depend on him. 

Who knows what Willis is doing behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Vrabel probably said I rather not have him. It was maybe one of those things they disagreed with. Vrabel likely had NO INTENTION of him seeing the field and hoped he wouldn't. I mean Tannehill had a record streak of starts going. And he likely didn't think his entire OL would implode. 

Thinking about it, just the last week shows how much Vrabel wanted to depend on him. 

Who knows what Willis is doing behind the scenes. 

if robinson spent a third round pick on a quarterback against his head coach's wishes he deserved to get fired even more than he already did lmao. it's just very hard for me to believe that was the case. you don't draft a QB if the head coach says "i'd rather not have him" unless ownership gets involved like bud with VY.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if robinson spent a third round pick on a quarterback against his head coach's wishes he deserved to get fired even more than he already did lmao. it's just very hard for me to believe that was the case. you don't draft a QB if the head coach says "i'd rather not have him" unless ownership gets involved like bud with VY.

Yeah you right. I can't imagine him not having any input. 

But something would have had to sour him if the report is true. 

Lions fan here coming in to crash the party. I'm looking at defensive line prospects for us in FA and your boy Tart has popped up on my radar.

Thoughts on him as a player? He's a former UDFA with an original round tender of $2.6M. You guys seem to be in cap purgatory (at least according to OTC). How likely does it seem like he's someone you could re-sign? 

Chark: I have a feeling he re-signs back in Detroit. Holmes has brought different guys in on 1 year deals while we've been rebuilding. DJ is going to have cap implications for us in 2023 either way with the way the contract was structured. He's developing more of a rapport with Goff now and we're trending upwards as a team. He's been good overall but I don't know if he's gone out and priced himself out from a deal we could offer. 

Appreciate any insights you guys are willing to share.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Lions fan here coming in to crash the party. I'm looking at defensive line prospects for us in FA and your boy Tart has popped up on my radar.

Thoughts on him as a player? He's a former UDFA with an original round tender of $2.6M. You guys seem to be in cap purgatory (at least according to OTC). How likely does it seem like he's someone you could re-sign? 

Chark: I have a feeling he re-signs back in Detroit. Holmes has brought different guys in on 1 year deals while we've been rebuilding. DJ is going to have cap implications for us in 2023 either way with the way the contract was structured. He's developing more of a rapport with Goff now and we're trending upwards as a team. He's been good overall but I don't know if he's gone out and priced himself out from a deal we could offer. 

Appreciate any insights you guys are willing to share.

he's a very good run stuffing NT who sometimes flashes as a pass rusher, and it's an open question as to whether we'll be able to retain him. he'd be a very good addition to any team he goes to. not a star or THE guy, but a good starter who flashes disruptive ability.