2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

I am certainly not absolving the players of their responsibility, but him saying something like that seems to take most of the accountability away from the staff, and ability to put guys in position to succeed. He seems to be saying...The GM got me slow players that can't stay healthy...but it is because the GM was trying to assemble a roster to bludgeon the other team into submission vs playing a game that is in accordance with the current rules that favor the passing game. 

Maybe I’m biased because I love Vrabel but I really am optimistic he will get it right this offseason. This is where we will find out just how good (or average he is) because he’s never had as difficult an off-season as the one he is about to face. 

mama foe the durability of players he’s right, some just don’t stay healthy but I also don’t think he’s just blaming the players. I’d also be amazed if Downing is back. Here’s to hoping we have some speed next season on the roster and some actual serious playmakers. 

EDIT: just been reading the last few pages and if we do trade Simmons (I said this earlier in the year) I will cry for the first time ever over sport and will have lost all faith in Vrabel and this team. 

Edited by Titansfan

The only ones on offense that needs re-signing is Davis.  But bringing back Hooper and NWI on cheap deals would be good.  They're at least good enough to be worth having.  Hilliard, Cox, Fox, and Brewer too, if they're cheap.

Defense is tougher.  Extending Simmons should be the priority, and re-signing Long if he won't break the bank.  Beyond that, lots of contributors that should be signed, but a lot are honestly interchangable IMO.  I don't think Tart is one we bring back.  He'll be too expensive, and we can do OK (and probably spend a lot less money) signing Jones, Edwards, and/or Walker and still have a stout DL rotation.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The only ones on offense that needs re-signing is Davis.  But bringing back Hooper and NWI on cheap deals would be good.  They're at least good enough to be worth having.  Hilliard, Cox, Fox, and Brewer too, if they're cheap.

Defense is tougher.  Extending Simmons should be the priority, and re-signing Long if he won't break the bank.  Beyond that, lots of contributors that should be signed, but a lot are honestly interchangable IMO.  I don't think Tart is one we bring back.  He'll be too expensive, and we can do OK (and probably spend a lot less money) signing Jones, Edwards, and/or Walker and still have a stout DL rotation.

NWI and Tart are restricted FA's right? Brewer and Naquan too. They should all come back on manageable deals and if Tart holds out then we can trade him for something if he has that worth. 

Brewer is depth, same with NWI. I have no problem with them here if cheap and in right role. 

Davis is the biggest question. Is he worth whatever he is asking? 
Simmions #1, then Long. 
Everyone else whatever.....and obviously some should be kicked out rather than let walk.