2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

For convo sake...saw on Get Up

Trade a 1st and 3rd for Justin Fields

who says yes, who says no?

i'd seriously think about it, but it's quite a risk. no bigger than choosing a first round QB yourself i guess, but it is 2 years of that rookie contract already gone.

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

i'd seriously think about it, but it's quite a risk. no bigger than choosing a first round QB yourself i guess, but it is 2 years of that rookie contract already gone.

Only benefit is that we know he can somewhat play in the NFL. Further along than anyone we get at 11. 

• Like 1

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

For convo sake...saw on Get Up

Trade a 1st and 3rd for Justin Fields

who says yes, who says no?

If we can get a 3rd for Tanne I am down.

The more I think about Fields, I just don't know if they would really trade him. We will see, you gotta feel like something weird and wild is going to happen with the way the top of the order sits.

I am ready for draft day. Going to be very exciting.

How often do we see trades to get up in the order way ahead of the draft?

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

If we can get a 3rd for Tanne I am down.

The more I think about Fields, I just don't know if they would really trade him. We will see, you gotta feel like something weird and wild is going to happen with the way the top of the order sits.

I am ready for draft day. Going to be very exciting.

How often do we see trades to get up in the order way ahead of the draft?

i don't think they will at all. eberflus spoke extremely positively of him near the end of the season. but we have nothing better to talk about lol

there's a world in which jonnu smith and corey davis both get cut this offseason and we're able to bring them back at reasonable cost lol. i'd actually take them both too. would still want us to add speed + playmaking ability to the WR room but jonnu + chig at TE would be a ridiculous combination

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there's a world in which jonnu smith and corey davis both get cut this offseason and we're able to bring them back at reasonable cost lol. i'd actually take them both too. would still want us to add speed + playmaking ability to the WR room but jonnu + chig at TE would be a ridiculous combination

I would love this!

If Swaim wouldn't exist on the roster I could really start to feel hope.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I wouldn't trade a 1st and 3rd for Fields. He's 2 years down on his rookie deal. If Chicago is willing to trade him, I don't think many teams would beat an offer of the #11 overall pick.

This and his style of play is already leading to injuries. He’s been banged up a lot of this year and by joining the Titans that is only going to get worse for him unfortunately. Love watching him play though. 

I don't think I'd give a first for Fields, let alone more than that.

He's missing half his rookie contract and he hasn't proven that he can get it done through the air in the NFL. I get the offensive supporting cast argument, but he'd be joining a similar situation here.

If a team is willing to trade a young QB, he's probably not worth a first or they'd just keep him. They've seen him every day in practice. If they'd be willing to let him go for a guy who was playing college ball last year, that tells us something.

I like Fields too, but if we don't have that first to improve the offense, we might as well stick with Tannehill and just rebuild the offense for a young QB later. Tannehill is the better player until Fields proves he can do anything with his arm.

Edited by TitanSS