2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

9 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Do people actually want us to get Lamar? I thought we wanted a better passer than Tannehill?

Yea, I ultimately don't think I would want to go that route, its a bit scary. I don't know if I see longevity in the way he plays and hasn't shown enough growth as a passer.

Especially come playoff time he doesn't tend to show up, similar to Tannehill. He brings another dynamic with his feet that Tannehill doesn't have. I think if you surrounded him with the right receiving talent, in combo with Henry, he could go on a run. 

But eh Idk, I don't see us going that route, its a bit risky knowing how much capital you would have to give up too. 

Went and looked at everything Malik this morning. 

Trying to convince myself of a future with him. 

Walked away feeling less dreadful but nowhere near optimistic. Even in his senior bowl game he failed to make throws. 

Long road for him. Hopefully he puts in the work this off-season to make himself harder to get rid of and make for a competitive QB room. 

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Do people actually want us to get Lamar? I thought we wanted a better passer than Tannehill?

It’s a no 4 me only how you can win with Lamar you need an elite defense not a bend but don’t break but an actual elite suffocating defense that makes a offense gain everything 

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We have to find a QB.

Or 
We gotta build a Cowboys like roster that has multiple dudes at every level.  (But with better coaching).

That’s always the goal. Either have one of those elite, no doubt franchise QB or build an elite roster around a high level game manager/rookie QB(like the 49ers or early 2010’s Seahawks).

I think now more than ever though, we have to find a true franchise QB. In an AFC where for the next 7-10 years we have to go against the likes of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, ect., having an ok QB isn’t good enough. If only it was so easy finding that franchise guy. *Sigh*

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me why people keep thinking we save $27 mil by cutting Tannehill.  I've seen multiple times' people saying this when he has almost 19 mil dead CAP.  .  

Post the June 1st deadline we can save $27 milly on the cap.
Before June 1st I think it's more like $17-18 Milly.