Week 14 GDT: Raiders at Rams - JMD = New Rich?

NYRaider

Playoff streak continues?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Rams

52 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Were you involved with the Carr vs McDaniels arguments.  It went on for over a week.  My point was if Carr is not smart enough to check out of a bad play I do not want him as my QB and if he is unwilling to check out of a play when he knows it is a bad play then I do not want him as my QB.  I also had arguments that Carr was to close and unwilling to go against Gruden.  I did not call him a coach pleaser but rather the teachers pet.  

No more involved than anyone else on this forum. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is what I saw to. No urgency after the opening drive. Carr is good for several of these ho hum performances each season and you could see it early on with him. 

I also think losing RG/RT effected how they called the game in the second half. 

Honestly I think Carr only made 4 bad throws the whole night and one was the garbage time pick. The 1st interception was costly. I thought he made a lot of good throws... just the bad ones were painful.

Edited by RaisinBran
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You're right Carr made the game plan to run the ball like what 70% of the time. Carr had 20 passes all game. Josh sucks he sucked at Denver and he sucks now. Why can't you see that?? No NE coach has ever made it as a HC. You know why?? Because they all suck but they had the best QB of all time in NE to bail them out. This was a playoff team that Josh dragged into the gutter with his stupid NE players and NE way. TELL ME ONCE WHEN IT WORKED OUTSIDE OF NE WITH TOM BRADY. 

That playcalling is bad playcalling when you don't have Tom Brady And/or an elite Defense

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t like jmd…

i do want to know how much power carr has with calls at the line

carr is smart enough to check out of plays even the jmd stupid ones

I'm not disagreeing, but this has it's limits and flaws. 

It's essentially asking Carr to check into the right play 100% of the time. 

If it works, Josh's ego is bruised but he probably stays quiet. That's if it works. 

If it doesn't, Josh has never shown much ability to check his ego. He'd bench Carr in a heartbeat. He'd probably Jay Cutler him. 

Carr wants to be a Raider. He can't afford the coach, regardless of how big a doofus he is, deciding with his ol' college buddy that they want to go in a different direction and remain a Raider. 

It's not as simple as him just checking out of clearly bad plays for a situation. It would have to be flawless to not cause a million headaches, and that's just not possible. 

He probably knows Josh is not it. Probably just waiting for Mark to realize it too- hence being a coach pleaser. "Hey, it ain't us on the field, it's the egomaniac manchild visor bro you hired that brought his frat buddy along to play GM. Stupid moves, Gremlin."

Basically, they can all say whatever they want. I don't buy the copacetic kumbaya bs. The players, for the most part, have to be fed up at this point. Mark should have canned Josh earlier. He didn't, and now it's follow Josh or else, until it becomes Josh or every star player that demands trades. It'll happen if the losses keep piling up. Just watch. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If it works, Josh's ego is bruised but he probably stays quiet. That's if it works. 

If it doesn't, Josh has never shown much ability to check his ego. He'd bench Carr in a heartbeat. He'd probably Jay Cutler him. 

Carr wants to be a Raider. He can't afford the coach, regardless of how big a doofus he is, deciding with his ol' college buddy that they want to go in a different direction and remain a Raider. 

It's not as simple as him just checking out of clearly bad plays for a situation. It would have to be flawless to not cause a million headaches, and that's just not possible. 

He probably knows Josh is not it. Probably just waiting for Mark to realize it too- hence being a coach pleaser. "Hey, it ain't us on the field, it's the egomaniac manchild visor bro you hired that brought his frat buddy along to play GM. Stupid moves, Gremlin."

Basically, they can all say whatever they want. I don't buy the copacetic kumbaya bs. The players, for the most part, have to be fed up at this point. Mark should have canned Josh earlier. He didn't, and now it's follow Josh or else, until it becomes Josh or every star player that demands trades. It'll happen if the losses keep piling up. Just watch. 

I can't remember how many times the Raiders ran the ball against a stacked front, instead of checking to a pass.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think more so after the last couple of weeks, it's this week where everyone seems to be realizing that this isn't a talent problem.

We have a statistically the top running back a top-five receiver and a top 5 pass rusher

@Bitty 2.0 Chandler Jones went back to looking slow again(or maybe he's just not playing back ups anymore)

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just read we had 6 redzone trips too dam

We've been plagued by the same issues offensively for years. 

• Can't finish drives when we get to the red zone

• Can't sustain leads

• Playing not to lose instead of playing to win when we're up

We've had numerous head coaches and play callers yet the offense has the same issues year after year. Wonder why that is?

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's not asking him to be perfect, he just needs to have significantly better situational awareness. As I said in my post above we've had different coaching staffs, play callers, offensive lines, groups of weapons and we've still been plagued by the same issues year after year. We struggle to maintain leads because we become ultra conservative whenever we do go up and we struggle to blow teams out because we can't finish drives in the red zone. 

JMD has always been an elite play caller in the RZ, IIRC rookie Mac Jones with a rag tag group around him led the Patriots to a top 5 red zone offense last year. We have a RB playing at an elite level and the best WR in the league who also happens to thrive in the red zone but yet drives still stall out all the time when we're in scoring position. 

So at what point do we say, hey, maybe it wasn't JMD/Gruden/Olson, etc. and rather Carr is a mental midget that struggles to process and put the ball into the right spots when the field shrinks? 

JMD has shown almost no ego whatsoever this year, basically too a fault because he doesn't want to lose the locker room. There's almost zero chance that he'd bench Carr over something like that when he just played a huge role in Carr getting paid and hasn't went away from him despite his struggles at times this year. 

It's difficult to win games when your QB can't put points on the board despite having arguably the best RB/WR duo in the league to lean on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I can't remember how many times the Raiders ran the ball against a stacked front, instead of checking to a pass.

Like I said during the game, I didn't think it was a bad idea for McDaniels to run the ball. I thought way it was done was wrong like there would be times where we would pass on first and second down and then run on third down.

So contrary to popular opinion on here my problem isn't that he decided to run the ball but when he decided to run the ball