Week 14 GDT: Raiders at Rams - JMD = New Rich?

NYRaider

Playoff streak continues?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Rams

7 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Patrick Graham left Webb. Our 5th cb out on an island with 15 seconds left in press man. I need a reporter to ask Josh or Patrick about that for real. 

This feels like a game we would have won had Ya-Sin been playing. Webb was giving up completions virtually every time he was targeted.

Epic defensive collapse on the last drive, regardless.

Did the rams have a top 10 defense or something?

our offense just left the defense hanging out there

carr can’t hide behind j j’s legs we needed him to be that guy and take the game over. 

andre James my god gains made him his b all night 

defense can’t lose their cool like that in the end and can’t escape the law of averages

was adams getting shut down or was it carr?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

In fairness, I am. 

Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes are the only 3 that have truly led their teams anywhere out of recent top 10 picks.

Herbert, Murray, and Tua haven't proven squat despite the talent around them, no more than a Carr or Cousins- both of whom weren't first rounders at all. 

Everyone else that fits in the group has flopped or haven't proven anything, *yet* of we're being generous. 

Since 2015, a solid career ago for most players, we've seen Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow have great success. We've seen meh results from Goff, Herbert, Murray, and Tua. It's too early for 2022 and 2023's crop, though Lawrence looks average and Wilson has already been kicked to the curb, and Lance can't stay healthy enough to beat Jimmy G decisively. And we've decidedly seen busts in Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Carson Wentz, Mitch Trubisky, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Daniel Jones* as their team's "QBOTF". 

It's not a great rate, it's just a sexy investment at the time it's done. 

I mean, there is a better chance for the top 10 to come out better but the difference is negligible. These guys are just finding ways to whine about Carr and justify getting rid of him. Definitely had a bad game yesterday much to their enjoyment no matter how much they want to deny it. Was it all his fault? Yeah, some of it but he wasn't really ever given a chance to dig himself out. Maybe having 2/5 of your starting OL didn't inspire confidence in pass protection? Not really sure of McD's mindset w/ the play calling. 

39 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Did the rams have a top 10 defense or something?

our offense just left the defense hanging out there

carr can’t hide behind j j’s legs we needed him to be that guy and take the game over. 

andre James my god gains made him his b all night 

defense can’t lose their cool like that in the end and can’t escape the law of averages

was adams getting shut down or was it carr?

Shut down? I mean he had 71 yards in the first half and then Carr barely attempted any passes in the 2nd half. I believe he had only attempted 5 passes before the last desperation INT he threw on the last play of the game. 

The defense collapsed at the end but the offense didn't play to score in the 2nd half with how conservative it was. Game plan back fired and that was one of the most embarrassing losses of the year for any team. 

The Raiders have to run the table in all likelihood to even have a chance at the playoffs and that's not going to happen. Sucks, was hoping for them to make the playoffs and see Adams ball out. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

The guards positions look like crap once bars got hurt. James went back to being a weak. I don't like bars but Simpson belongs on the same bus Leatherwood took out of town. 

I was surprised it was Simpson over cotton esp since Simpson was knicked up and iirc cotton was rg and Simpson was lg

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shut down? I mean he had 71 yards in the first half and then Carr barely attempted any passes in the 2nd half. I believe he had only attempted 5 passes before the last desperation INT he threw on the last play of the game. 

The defense collapsed at the end but the offense didn't play to score in the 2nd half with how conservative it was. Game plan back fired and that was one of the most embarrassing losses of the year for any team. 

The Raiders have to run the table in all likelihood to even have a chance at the playoffs and that's not going to happen. Sucks, was hoping for them to make the playoffs and see Adams ball out. Oh well. 

That why I asked about adams cause we basically ignored him all game besides what 3 passes.

adams should be the focal point esp in the redzone or even foster

Rams def game plan imo was stop jj and live or die with Ramsey vs adams and jmd kept trying to feed jj. 

its been more embarrassing losses this year then any year I can remember. 

I hate JRamsey, and he has def lost a step on his game, but only with fast / super shifty Wr. He gets beat with speed these days. But otherwise he is still elite

he is a technician, and going up against DA who is another technician was def a good battle. I want to see some better views of the routes, but honestly just not enough attempts in general IMO

DAs two catches where still good coverage (one PI) the second one was actually just insane. Honestly tough to put any blame on Ramsey. Was a dumb throw, but was perfect, and the late hands catch by DA was insane too. 

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I am contemplating going to the store to get some more alcohol.  Just re-watched some of the game because I can not believe this team did it again.  I was almost positive that we would not make the playoffs but this was the game where it looked almost impossible to lose.  We had held the Rams to under 150 yards and 3 points through 3 quarters.  The lose sucks for us and the funny part is the win sucks for the Rams.  How does this happen.

Man I live in LA area and all these Ramily fans came out of hiding yesterday 

9 hours ago, dante9876 said:

He didn't do it by himself. But 2 playoff appearance in 9 years give you this much leeway. Ok cool. I disagree. You wouldn't call josh a good coach for 2 playoff appearance in 9 years of head coaching. 

Could you imagine the reaction of a coach who had 9 years but only 2 playoff appearances?

Then posters trying to convince others he needs a 10th season

Here are a few things I noticed from last nights game.  We started out hot and Carr seemed to be on point.  We got out to an early lead and we shut down the passing game and went heavy run.  The run game clearly wasn't working in the 2nd half and we didn't pivot.  Carr didn't have a good game but he also only threw the ball 20 times and was never able to get into a rhythm after the early start.  This team needs to be more balanced and spread the ball around more, especially when the run game isn't working.  JM lacked that killer instinct last night and I feel had we stuck to the passing game we could have build a lead that would have never put the Rams in a position to win the game on the last drive.  

The other thing I noticed is that JM plays way too conservatively once we establish a lead.  That works well when you have an elite D like he did nearly every year in NE and I am just not sure that he realizes how pathetic our D truly is.  98 yards in under 2min to a bum, hack of a QB is completely unacceptable.  I have been a harsh critic of our lack of talent on D but this has to fall on PG considering the lack of talent on the Rams O.  That was a completely embarrassing meltdown of epic proportions and heads need to roll (PG). 

I still can't believe some homers on here think this D is "average".  That was a 32nd ranked D out there last night with a 4th quarter collapse of epic proportions,  They should all be ashamed for letting a bum like Baker march on them with only two days on the Rams team. 

• Like 1

Carr sucked, Oline sucked, D sucked, Playcalling sucked, Penalties sucked. 
All can be true. 

This is a team loss. Literally everyone crapped the bed. 
Carr needs to audible to passes sometimes. At some point, just make the decision, this is your game to go get. 
Jacobs was clearly injured, not sure why we refused to do anything other than keep running him. 
Every time he got up he looked in pain. 
Im shocked he didnt fumble. 

He is such a warrior this season, and i put no fault on Jacobs, but it was clear last night he was injured. He should not of been our main plan of attack . I guess hindsight 20/20, but last night was the first game you could visibly see he was in pain

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Here are a few things I noticed from last nights game.  We started out hot and Carr seemed to be on point.  We got out to an early lead and we shut down the passing game and went heavy run.  The run game clearly wasn't working in the 2nd half and we didn't pivot.  Carr didn't have a good game but he also only threw the ball 20 times and was never able to get into a rhythm after the early start.  This team needs to be more balanced and spread the ball around more, especially when the run game isn't working.  JM lacked that killer instinct last night and I feel had we stuck to the passing game we could have build a lead that would have never put the Rams in a position to win the game on the last drive.  

The other thing I noticed is that JM plays way too conservatively once we establish a lead.  That works well when you have an elite D like he did nearly every year in NE and I am just not sure that he realizes how pathetic our D truly is.  98 yards in under 2min to a bum, hack of a QB is completely unacceptable.  I have been a harsh critic of our lack of talent on D but this has to fall on PG considering the lack of talent on the Rams O.  That was a completely embarrassing meltdown of epic proportions and heads need to roll (PG). 

I still can't believe some homers on here think this D is "average".  That was a 32nd ranked D out there last night with a 4th quarter collapse of epic proportions,  They should all be ashamed for letting a bum like Baker march on them with only two days on the Rams team. 

Remember New England has always had either a top defense Tom Brady or both

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Remember New England has always had either a top defense Tom Brady or both

JM's conservative nature works quite well with an elite D and there is also little doubt that Carr did not play well overall.  He started out hot but we abandoned the pass and wen't heavy run.  The first few drives were well balanced, we controlled the clock and marched on them.  Then JM got conservative and let the Rams hang around too long instead of going for the juggler.  It obviously backfired and the Rams should have never been in a position to march on us to win the game during the last 2 min.  Had we stayed more balanced and kept Carr in a rhythm the Rams would have never had a chance to win on the last drive.  Regardless what happened with our D is the 4th quarter was a complete embarrassment and meltdown.  We absolutely have a bottom 3 D in the NFL and there is no debating that...  Well some homers on here still think they are average which is flat out mind boggling....