Week 14 GDT: Raiders at Rams - JMD = New Rich?

NYRaider

Playoff streak continues?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Rams

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Thought carr had control of plays at the line?

is it carr or jmd going conservative?

You notice that to huh. Offense was clicking cause carr had more freedom at line of scrimmage just a week ago. At least that's what some said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Here are a few things I noticed from last nights game.  We started out hot and Carr seemed to be on point.  We got out to an early lead and we shut down the passing game and went heavy run.  The run game clearly wasn't working in the 2nd half and we didn't pivot.  Carr didn't have a good game but he also only threw the ball 20 times and was never able to get into a rhythm after the early start.  This team needs to be more balanced and spread the ball around more, especially when the run game isn't working.  JM lacked that killer instinct last night and I feel had we stuck to the passing game we could have build a lead that would have never put the Rams in a position to win the game on the last drive.  

The other thing I noticed is that JM plays way too conservatively once we establish a lead.  That works well when you have an elite D like he did nearly every year in NE and I am just not sure that he realizes how pathetic our D truly is.  98 yards in under 2min to a bum, hack of a QB is completely unacceptable.  I have been a harsh critic of our lack of talent on D but this has to fall on PG considering the lack of talent on the Rams O.  That was a completely embarrassing meltdown of epic proportions and heads need to roll (PG). 

I still can't believe some homers on here think this D is "average".  That was a 32nd ranked D out there last night with a 4th quarter collapse of epic proportions,  They should all be ashamed for letting a bum like Baker march on them with only two days on the Rams team. 

Average or poor or bottom of the barrel 

at the end of the day def held a team to 17 points and it wasn’t enough 

if that’s not good enough to win you gotta look at the offense Imo 

esp with the big 3 of carr, jj and adams 

But I know defense sucks should’ve held them to 3 or 10 

somehow if we lost 10-9 I bet it would be the defense fault also

8 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Just box score scouting.

The defense held the Rams to 17 points. If the Raider defense had been doing that all year, the record would be 11-2.

No it wouldn't. The offense would have found ways in those other games to score less points. 

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I wouldn’t call 16-3 getting smoked but I do get your point. The Raiders made boneheaded mistakes. Like Carr throwing an endzone int right before the half. That took points off the board. He struggled badly. 

In the NFL games are lost more than won. So technically you are right the Raiders lost more than the Rams won. The Rams just made the plays at the end to capitalize on the opportunity they had. Same thing happened to us against the Bucs. We didn’t put them away late and Brady made us pay with a late TD and we lost. All we needed was 4yds and we would’ve won. All the Raiders needed was 1yd and y’all would’ve won. 

Everything happens for a reason and honestly I think Baker needed something like this to happen. Hopefully this is the start of something good for him especially if he sticks around McVay for the long run to help turn his career around to being a legit NFL starting QB on a good winning culture organization. 

Not going to argue the whole post since I agree with you but just going to point out a couple things on the first line.

We had 13 points and 177 yards on our first three drives.  The Rams did not eclipse these numbers until 11 minutes remaining in the game for yards and 10 seconds remaining in the game for points.  I do not want to say the defense stopped you because I think the QB and injury situation had just as much to do with as our play but your team did practically nothing until the last 2 drives.  A team moving the ball on you with ease and your team not able to answer back at all is getting smoked to me.  Our team once again just decided to pack in early because they thought they had the game won in the second quarter.  The Rams definitely owned the 4th quarter and your team played with heart and passion.  Something I wish our team did for a full 4 quarters.  Our season is summed up by the video of idiot Raider fans in week 2 against the Cards popping bottles of champagne in the third quarter up 23 to 7.  

48 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The funny thing is this off-season When people forget about exactly what happened, everyone's going to group this game in the "We only lost by one score" argument with no context. lol

Just post a picture of a champagne bottle anytime someone needs context.