Week 14 GDT: Raiders at Rams - JMD = New Rich?

NYRaider

Playoff streak continues?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Rams

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Scoring in redzone  is tough no matter where you start at. There isn't nearly the talent on offense in New England than what we got here. At some point carr has to fall on the redzone sword. Adams had no problem getting redzone tds with rodgers. If you got to run to score tds all the time that's going to be tough to be a good consistent redzone team. 

Think about this: if he's such a Redzone guru explain why he can get a rookie to be top five in the NFL with inferior weapons but he can't get the Raiders with the Rushing td leader and receiving touchdown leader to not be better bottom 5 in the red zone because of Derek Carr? lol that makes no sense.

Edited by Jeremy408

It just comes down to this for me;

did we play ultra conservative because we thought our D would keep them in check?

or because JMD  didn’t trust Carr with the ball in his hands.

Doesn’t matter what I or what anyone on this forum thinks of Carr, but if it’s the second option, we 100% need a new qb. 

If it’s the first, then prob need a new coach, seeing as our D did essentially the same thing vs the cards. 

I wish we had just qb sneaked from the 1. If the stopped us, they would’ve just scored that much quicker and maybe we get 40 seconds with the ball

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And? But we're still picking top 10 as of now so what's your point? 

I'd be curious of the "tons of data" though. Feel free to share it

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/6/28/15880748/success-rates-of-drafted-quarterbacks

Found that and the subjective guidelines state there's a 16% difference between the two draft placements and note they're not doing top 10 like guy suggested, just the top half of the first round so it's likely these percentages will be even less using guy's guidelines. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Baker is just a better qb than Carr and 2 teams have already moved on from him n his short career. Carr just isn’t that Guy and to still be the starter for 9 years and accomplish what he has and making his money imo is a bigger set back than Russell ever was. Obviously mcd is not a good coach the time management and play calls were horrendous. Raiders are in really bad situation with Carr n mcd I’m most important roles of team 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

It just comes down to this for me;

did we play ultra conservative because we thought our D would keep them in check?

or because JMD  didn’t trust Carr with the ball in his hands.

Doesn’t matter what I or what anyone on this forum thinks of Carr, but if it’s the second option, we 100% need a new qb. 

If it’s the first, then prob need a new coach, seeing as our D did essentially the same thing vs the cards. 

I wish we had just qb sneaked from the 1. If the stopped us, they would’ve just scored that much quicker and maybe we get 40 seconds with the ball

I disagree. McVay trusted 2 day old Baker Mayfield. Coaches have to trust their QBs to some extent. If McDaniels can't trust Carr to throw for more than 7 times in a half after putting up the performance he did the last several games, the coach needs to go. Hell get rid of them both I'm not supporting Carr, I'm just trashing McDaniels. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Think about this: if he's such a Redzone guru explain why he can get a rookie to be top five in the NFL with inferior weapons but he can't get the Raiders with the Rushing td leader and receiving touchdown leader to not be better bottom 5 in the red zone because of Derek Carr? lol that makes no sense.

Has carr peform well in the redzone at any of his time. I didn't call Josh  guru. But I'm not going to keep blaming every coach and every other player for redzone issues when their has been a consistent person here for the last 6 years of redzone offense trash.  Gruden Olsen and Josh are all trash redzone play callers somehow. The excuse was playcalling and a redzone wr. Than no running attack.  Tham oline, than play caller again. It's gotten old. 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

I disagree. McVay trusted 2 day old Baker Mayfield. Coaches have to trust their QBs to some extent. If McDaniels can't trust Carr to throw for more than 7 times in a half after putting up the performance he did the last several games, he needs to go. Hell get rid of them both I'm not supporting Carr, I'm trashing McDaniels. 

Ah sorry if not clear, def agreed there too.

just don’t think JMD is going anywhere, so if he stays, I think we bring in a qb he trusts. 0-4 woth double digit leafs at half is wayyy bigger problem then qb play imo  

mcvay was also put in a spot where he had to go all out, so a little different. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I was actually going to mention this. You don't just pick a quarterback in the first round because he's there lol that's how you end up with the Steelers guy

Actually Pickett is improving every game. The jury isn’t out on him yet. 

We picked Carr in round 2 and got 9 seasons out of him. Brady went late round. Mahomes was #10, Lamar late 1st. It is very possible to find a starter caliber. If not trade up. There’s 5 projected 1st round QBs if Stroud and Young declare.

Levis, Mckee and Richardson go round 1

> Lose to the Chargers to open the season
> Kyler Murray comeback scrambling
> Dennis Allen shuts the Raiders out
>Lose to the Jags
> Lose to a Colts team that had benched Matt Ryan, fired their OC, fired their HC, then hired their old C to be HC, that HC starts Ryan and beats us
> Lose to a crippled Rams team playing Baker Mayfield who has been on the team for two days

What's on deck? McDaniels beats Bill Belichick to keep his job? Lose to Kenny Pickett for Christmas? Mr. Irrelevant kills us? KC rests their starters and we win punting draft position?

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Has carr peform well in the redzone at any of his time. I didn't call Josh  guru. But I'm not going to keep blaming every coach and every other player for redzone issues when their has been a consistent person here for the last 6 years of redzone offense trash.  Gruden Olsen and Josh are all trash redzone play callers somehow. The excuse was playcalling and a redzone wr. Than no running attack.  Tham oline, than play caller again. It's gotten old. 

For me it goes back to the fact that car has taken the team to the playoffs twice as a quarterback(despite less talent at the skill positions than he has now). McDaniels has not taking a team to the playoffs ever as a head coach. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

No I’ve always said penalties. 
penalties are why we lost again today. 

NOT REFS. 

dumb penalties though. In Redzone, on D and on ST. 

everyone always says we fix every issue, but I’ve never once seen us fix penalties.

game is over and Tillery smacks ball out of hand. . . Ticky tacky call, but, it’s delaying game. 

Cle runs into the punter, full on stupid. 

game is over if either of those don’t happen. JMD entire play calling was based off us getting one stop. We got 2, and decided to give them away. 

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

God damn, we are 0-4 when leading by double digits at half.

that to me is 100 % coaching / decision making. 
Just get soo fricken cute with the playcalling. 

7 throws is a Fing joke.

Go back to some of the other game threads when we had leads or the run game was working. Look what people said about mcdaniels when he passed than in the games.  If he pass and we don't get firstdowns they going to ask why he passing.  Literally in this thread I got 2 of the main people who want Josh fire saying he should just be handing it off for most Part. Now they using the only 7 pass attempts to bury him to. I could care less about josh. But changing coaches again and keeping carr is just stupid. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ah sorry if not clear, def agreed there too.

just don’t think JMD is going anywhere, so if he stays, I think we bring in a qb he trusts. 0-4 woth double digit leafs at half is wayyy bigger problem then qb play imo  

mcvay was also put in a spot where he had to go all out, so a little different. 

To be fair I think the trust thing is a made up fantasy with nothing but fairy tails behind it. McDaniels has proven, beyond a doubt, that he calls his games a certain way. Double digit leads 4 times and he sits on the ball and plays conservative. He's even said it in his pressers, that he plays the numbers game. It won't matter who he brings in, he's still going to call a game this way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/6/28/15880748/success-rates-of-drafted-quarterbacks

Found that and the subjective guidelines state there's a 16% difference between the two draft placements and note they're not doing top 10 like guy suggested, just the top half of the first round so it's likely these percentages will be even less using guy's guidelines. 

So my original assertion is correct that you should select your QBOTF in the top half of the 1st round to minimize the bust rate? Thank you for doing the research to support my statement.