Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

assuming you’re not a teetotaler, what consequences other than getting fat? 

I much prefer cocktails but they’re the one with consequences for me after turning 30+.  Hungover for days if I drink booze now.  

General GI issues for me. I feel like crap if I drink more than 2 typically.

I go for whiskey or gin instead.

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

I think he's done a good job flat out avoiding the question with his answers though. That's the point. They keep asking for something they know they can't have. He keeps coming up with fun ways to give them nothing new. Furthermore, even if he simply restated this exact line as if he's Marshawn Lynch: "I haven't reached a decision and Green Bay and I expect to talk within the next month"--every time they asked--someone would have a problem with that too. It would be "why isn't Rodgers more open? What is he planning?" He can say nothing and the narrative writes itself (see: 100% made up Raiders and Jets rumors) or he can be a part of keeping the narrative honest. I know which I prefer as a fan. The Favre saga was equally if not more maddening because we never heard from Favre. 

We simply disagree...which is fine.
I think if he said something similar to what you say: "I haven't reached a decision and Green Bay and I expect to talk within the next month" - then something akin to "Asked and answered already" to the next question.....it would put a damper on the questions.

Not a problem. I readily admit I've grown tired of this circus....so I'm biased to some degree. Not much mind you...but some :)

1 hour ago, Leader said:

We simply disagree...which is fine.
I think if he said something similar to what you say: "I haven't reached a decision and Green Bay and I expect to talk within the next month" - then something akin to "Asked and answered already" to the next question.....it would put a damper on the questions.

Not a problem. I readily admit I've grown tired of this circus....so I'm biased to some degree. Not much mind you...but some :)

He’s been getting the retirement question since we were 4-8. He’s given ever retirement answer he can give multiple times. Covered it from every angle. This is what leads to Tom Brady’s F bomb laden answer. Eventually they’ll get him to crack and say something incorrect. But Rodgers dances around that energy like a young Ted Thompson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

He’s been getting the retirement question since we were 4-8. He’s given ever retirement answer he can give multiple times. Covered it from every angle. This is what leads to Tom Brady’s F bomb laden answer. Eventually they’ll get him to crack and say something incorrect. But Rodgers dances around that energy like a young Ted Thompson.

He's been talking publicly about possibly retiring for quite a bit longer than that.