Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

42 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Sounds like a guy wink thinks 12 is gone

I hope it is Love time.  I'll give Rodgers credit though for his relationship with Love.  He genuinely seems to like him, and probably did him a solid when he asked LaFleur to get Tom Clements back into the building.  Rodgers always credits Clements with helping him to get the proper mechanics & footwork down.  That was Love's biggest issues too, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he was much improved after working with Clements for a year.  Hopefully Clements stays on if Aaron leaves.  I'm guessing he will.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

23 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope it is Love time.  I'll give Rodgers credit though for his relationship with Love.  He genuinely seems to like him, and probably did him a solid when he asked LaFleur to get Tom Clements back into the building.  Rodgers always credits Clements with helping him to get the proper mechanics & footwork down.  That was Love's biggest issues too, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he was much improved after working with Clements for a year.  Hopefully Clements stays on if Aaron leaves.  I'm guessing he will.

That's actually a great point and may sway me from saying Gute was wrong not to deal Rodgers last year. 

The package the Seahawks got for Wilson, or 2 firsts this year and Love gets Tom Clements as his QB coach? 

No question to me Clements furthered Love's development.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agree on giving Rodgers credit. He could have pulled a Favre but he was, by all accounts, not only decent to the guy but helped him learn the game. 

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Agree on giving Rodgers credit. He could have pulled a Favre but he was, by all accounts, not only decent to the guy but helped him learn the game. 

And this is why I do not believe he is the narcissistic locker room cancer some label him as.  Eccentric?  No question.  But a generational talent we wete lucky to have fallen in that 2005 draft.  I'm going to miss him in a Packer uniform if indeed he is traded (or retires) this spring.

• Like 1

The last couple weeks I've been convinced Rodgers is gone. Then I see something like this from Pelissero (who is one of the most reliable at his job) and it feels more like last year, meaning Rodgers only goes if he wants it. Then I think...why would Rodgers want to leave the crappy NFC North (and NFC in general) to go to the AFC, especially the AFC West? Makes zero sense unless winning isn't his top priority. 

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The last couple weeks I've been convinced Rodgers is gone. Then I see something like this from Pelissero (who is one of the most reliable at his job) and it feels more like last year, meaning Rodgers only goes if he wants it. Then I think...why would Rodgers want to leave the crappy NFC North (and NFC in general) to go to the AFC, especially the AFC West? Makes zero sense unless winning isn't his top priority. 

This was my take as well, unfortunately, 

The reason Rodgers may want to go elsewhere is if GB tells him his buddies are not getting re-signed. Package him with Bak (a buddy) and get the acquiring team to pick up a few of his guys and he could still be gone. Rodgers has said he's OK with moving on. 

I don't want him back. It's time for Jordan Love and I think GB's front office knows this as well. Hopefully, this is just part of the PR GB feels they need to do. 

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'll be surprised if he retires.....dont think that's happening....and also think he's gonna come back to GB.
Will the FO tell him "the hand's played out and we want a new dealer?" - I tend to doubt it.

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Meh. An article matches exactly what I've been saying. Definitely a coincidence. I must be psychic. 

A guy who only comes around to tell everyone how smart they are when they find someone who agrees with them. I wouldn't call that psychic, rather something that rhymes with arrogant. 

Teams and players often feed stories to the media to get the public behind them. Green Bay saying they would move Rodgers, if that were what he wants, is a massive shift from a year or two ago. 

Edited by Old Guy

Andy Herman -  So according to Tom & Ian if Rodgers wants to play with Green Bay they will happily accept him back and if he wants a trade they will move forward with a trade. So basically, the decision is all on Rodgers.

To be fair, this could be positioning on GBs end.

Green Bay could be saying we’ll gladly take Rodgers back for another season, but also tell him they aren’t going to go all in and will need to rebuild a bit, knowing that Rodgers wouldn’t do that. By doing so they’d look like the good guys while basically sealing a Rodgers trade.

• Like 1