Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Packers fans can you enlighten me: if Rodgers does return does that mean you basically have to trade Jordan Love? I read that his $49M cap hit in 2024 becomes fully GTD on February 15th so wouldn't that mean you guys could risk having $69M in cap space tied up into QB?

Rodgers gets $49m in cash that day, but his cap hit will only be $40.7m. Still, I agree that the $60m hit between the two is ridiculous.

But if you're Jordan Love, you demand a trade regardless. You've proven you deserve a chance to start.

I think the way the media narrative has switched in the last few days it indicates he is back with the Pack! As others have said no team wants to trade for the uncertainty of how long will he play for and unless he himself is committed to playing for at least another two seasons, uprooting and starting afresh has no value. It's either retirement or back again. I think he still feels he has it, he'll be back!

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I think the way the media narrative has switched in the last few days it indicates he is back with the Pack! As others have said no team wants to trade for the uncertainty of how long will he play for and unless he himself is committed to playing for at least another two seasons, uprooting and starting afresh has no value. It's either retirement or back again. I think he still feels he has it, he'll be back!

I'm starting to feel the same. I will be disappointed with another run back attempt. Don't think we get over the hump with Arod anymore. That ship has sailed. I'm ready to see what Love has and move onto the next chapter. Tired as hell of all the Arod drama!

• Like 1

I'm going to hold out hope that the Packers are playing a PR war, while also wanting to keep their trade value at optimal level.  Other teams have to think they want him back to get the kind of return they want.  Once the Packers publically come out and say they want to go with Love then you are talking about a fire sale with Rodgers.  I think Aaron will see the writing on the wall in GB and help facilitate a trade.  In the end it will be a mutual parting of the ways.

Marcedes Lewis - expired void years

Randall Cobb - expired void years 

Allen Lazard - looks unlikely to be a serious attempt to retain

Bobby Tonyan - expired void years

Dave Bakhtiari - w TBD

Those are the players Rodgers specifically mentioned publicly that could influence his decision. Don't listen to what they say, both sides are trying to create the narrative here. Look at what they do. If supposedly it was such a big thing that Rodgers wanted a voice at the table on roster moves, they just gave him a big middle finger.

6 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Heard on a Panther podcast that if the Packers are keeping ARod,  Love and a 2nd for Moore makes a lot of sense….not sure we could make the money with though…

Didn't they turn down a FRP for Moore last year? 

There is no way someone is going to give you that for a guy who played 1/2 of one game last year. Jordan Love is more valuable to the Packers than anybody else. They know what they have or do not have in him. 

NO team is going to give up that much value on a guy in his 4th year who is an unknown. 

7 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Dave Bakhtiari - w TBD

Those are the players Rodgers specifically mentioned publicly that could influence his decision. Don't listen to what they say, both sides are trying to create the narrative here. Look at what they do. If supposedly it was such a big thing that Rodgers wanted a voice at the table on roster moves, they just gave him a big middle finger.

Yep, and they will be hard pressed to bring any of those players back. Now, If Rodgers wants to play for a few million this year and take the bonus and tear it up, maybe his buddies can come back. 

We know that isn't happening so ship Rodgers down the road. 

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

Dave Bakhtiari - w TBD

I'd guess that there will be limited FA interest in Lewis and Cobb.  Maybe a little interest for Tonyan, but it won't be great.

Lazard should get interest and Bakh is under contract.

If Rodgers decides to come back, I don't think it would be tough to keep Bakh while getting Lewis and Cobb back as well.

Not that I want that, but I don't think that would be too difficult.

And if Rodgers can re-do his contract?  More things become possible.  

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'd guess that there will be limited FA interest in Lewis and Cobb.  Maybe a little interest for Tonyan, but it won't be great.

Lazard should get interest and Bakh is under contract.

If Rodgers decides to come back, I don't think it would be tough to keep Bakh while getting Lewis and Cobb back as well.

Not that I want that, but I don't think that would be too difficult.

And if Rodgers can re-do his contract?  More things become possible.  

The problem is you are already eating the dead money for them. If you were serious about wanting them back and trying to run it back one more time you'd have pushed that money out a year before they came due. Now sure you can bring them back but the cap damage is done.

7 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I think the way the media narrative has switched in the last few days it indicates he is back with the Pack! 

I think it's just the other side of the narrative getting some airtime. There's a reason they use the media! 

Imagine the Jets and Raiders FO might be thinking the same, thus increasing his price.