Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

The Packers must've given the Jets permission to talk to Rodgers otherwise it would be tampering.

Not only that the Packers and the Jets must've agreed on the outlines of the trade terms. Wouldn't have allowed Rodgers to talk to them otherwise.

I hope to see other teams get involved to drive up the price. I'm looking at Raiders, Colts, Panthers, Falcons, Texans and Titans.

I would think Rodgers would like to visit other teams rather than jumping at the first offer. He needs to satisfy his ego first.

Edited by Chili

Just now, NFLGURU said:

At this point nothing would surprise me.

I think LV and another team took themselves out of the running when the Packers granted the Jets permission to talk with Aaron.  Teams could still jump back in, but I am guessing this is late stage negotiations and the Jets were the last team standing that met the Packers ask.  I don't think we are getting peanuts, or the Packers would have incentive to keep this thing going a while longer.  I guess we will see.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

At this point nothing would surprise me.

I dont see LV as a real thing. I think they're telling it straight they want somebody thats gonna be all in for awhile. That's not AR - and they've draft capital to move up a bit and snag a guy like Richardson.

I know nothing of their cap situation and couldnt care less. I just dont think they're in on AR.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. i'm 95 percent thinking Aaron is gone, but then you see Rapoport's tweet talking about due diligence.  Makes me think Aaron could end up saying thanks to the Jets for showing him the love, but that he wants to stay with the Packers.

Member of the media aren't that much different than the members of this forum.  Many have staked out their positions on the subject of how the Rodgers drama will play out, and they will stick to their take until the bitter end.

If this whole Jets and Raiders thing is true....it would make sense that Rodgers would want to visit both clubs.

He's never been a free agent.  All he's seen from other stadiums is the visitors locker room area, and media area, right?

I think he will want to see as much of the facilities as he can.  Both clubs....all clubs....

The interesting thing to me is this whole "Report Card" that was given on all clubs.  Anyone have access to that stuff and see how Las Vegas was rated compared to the Jets?

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

If this whole Jets and Raiders thing is true....it would make sense that Rodgers would want to visit both clubs.

He's never been a free agent.  All he's seen from other stadiums is the visitors locker room area, and media area, right?

I think he will want to see as much of the facilities as he can.  Both clubs....all clubs....

The interesting thing to me is this whole "Report Card" that was given on all clubs.  Anyone have access to that stuff and see how Las Vegas was rated compared to the Jets?

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

NFL Player Team Report Cards | NFLPA

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:
I’ll just say it, I hope Aaron gets traded and he gets to enjoy his last few years somewhere else and makes a few Super Bowl runs and gets another ring. I also hope J Love KILLS it. He’s had to watch people drafted after him taking over teams while he’s on the bench, not easy.

Well if Rodgers goes to the jets or raider… don’t know how many super bowl runs are in his future haha.

• Like 1