Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Collie is who he means. And he played right away, but theres a story mcafee tells about him being benched for trying to make a one handed catch.

He played a 3rd receiver behind 2 HOF WRS.  Bit different than us last year

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The cap hit is the same for us whether we eat all 60m or 0m, 40m against 2023. Understand the contract you're speaking about before criticizing. 

Not true. Assuming any trade is going to be pre-June 1st, we already have 40M of dead cap from previously paid signing bonuses. That's not going away regardless, but it can certainly be increased because additional money we pay will count on the 2023 cap.

Aaron's cap for 2023 currently is 31M and 40M if we trade him, so that's eating 9M of our current 17M cap space. Assuming we wanted to eat more of it (I doubt it) it should be easily done by redoing his contract, paying him a bonus for whatever amount is agreed, then trading him so his new team pays the rest of the salary and account for it on their cap. For example, the Packers pay 10M as a roster bonus or signing bonus, then trade him to the Jets who pay another 50M bonus or guaranteed salary, whatever they want to use.

Again, I doubt we will want to do that but it's certainly feasible.

Edited by Packer_ESP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lamar got the non-exclusive tag… I think the ravens just using it to match the market but wonder if it could impact what the jets do at all?

If Lamar was #1 on their list, wouldn't they have waited until after the deadline to load up a jet and make a 100k flight to Cali?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If Lamar was #1 on their list, wouldn't they have waited until after the deadline to load up a jet and make a 100k flight to Cali?

It seems like they would have done this if Lamar was on their list at all.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Dillon was a second round pick who has not progressed.  Deguara is a third who has not progressed.

How much progression was there from MVS?

I mean, I love the optimism, and am HIGHLY optimistic on Watson and Doubs.  It's just the past drafts have not offered that much in the way of development.  Jenkins was good out of the gates, period.  Regressed this past year, probably injury related.  Gary progressed.  Savage regressed, badly.

Wyatt was a 24 year old rookie who should have been ready to play a bigger role as a rookie.  It didn't work out for him.  I think he will be a bust unless we go to that better 3 DL/DE hand in the dirt line with another OLB standing up.  Then he could be a force.  But here's the thing, it isn't up to him, it is up to.....

Barry.  I have little confidence that he will roll with a 4 man line with 3 guys having their hands in the dirt.  I have full confidence that we will be a 2DL and 2 OLB standing up right...again.  It's what he wants to do.  It just doesn't work.  

Identity.  Teams always need to find an identity with a new QB.  And it takes time, unless the QB is Mahomesesque.  Even Hurts took time and they had to build in the QB runs for him.

Maybe ours will be handing the ball off.  That doesn't seem to be a great identity to me.  Seems like a game manager's identity.

One thing we as Packers fans need to come to terms with.. We keep expecting McCarthy-level development from a coaching staff who has not really proven to be talent developers. At least, not at that level and not with nearly as many players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Well lotta good that did Peyton.

Well, Peyton had to get past Brady to get to the big game, right?  Wasn't easy.

Whereas Rodgers had to get past....uh...get past...Brees!  Yeah, that's it!  Oh wait...not really.  Uh....Eli Manning?  Jimmy Garrapolo?  Uh.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

One thing we as Packers fans need to come to terms with.. We keep expecting McCarthy-level development from a coaching staff who has not really proven to be talent developers. At least, not at that level and not with nearly as many players. 

Well the thing about these players is that there are vets in front of them taking the PT. Lot of insurance picks that have never had to be used.