Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I just don't think the Raiders are in on Rodgers at all.  I think a lot of it has to do with Mark Davis being cash poor.  They can't afford to pay that huge option bonus easily.  

Jacobs said won't play on the franchise tag unless they get a good QB and go all in, think they trade him then?

2 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Jacobs said won't play on the franchise tag unless they get a good QB and go all in, think they trade him then?

odd thing for LV.   State you are out on Rodgers, so likely pursuing a lower tier vet or rookie, yet franchise tag a RB.   Seems like an odd plan....or they are still interested in Rodgers, but aren't saying so

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

odd thing for LV.   State you are out on Rodgers, so likely pursuing a lower tier vet or rookie, yet franchise tag a RB.   Seems like an odd plan....or they are still interested in Rodgers, but aren't saying so

Davante Adams:

fml-sylvester.gif

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I just don't think the Raiders are in on Rodgers at all.  I think a lot of it has to do with Mark Davis being cash poor.  They can't afford to pay that huge option bonus easily.  

I've heard they actually like Stidham, but also know for a fact that Josh loves 12. Hell, he was super high on Kyle Orton, and 12 is sorta of like fancy Kyle Orton at this point. I'm wondering if it a) isn't a sell to Rodgers, b) they feel the gap between rodgers and Jimmy G isn't huge, c) Brady isn't retiring, or d) 7 is too much to pay. I think its the latter, mixed with b.

26 minutes ago, craig said:

https://overthecap.com/the-salary-cap-impact-of-trading-for-aaron-rodgers#:~:text=The contract would eliminate the,in dead money in 2025.

craig overthecap article New York  guy I think Jason Fitzgerald

Retire and unretire trading team 

Heh heh, I'm trying to put in some key words so that if I want to search and re-find this link, I can!  

Why don't you send it to yourself in a private message

1 hour ago, craig said:

Yes, the Packers would still own his rights.  

I believe I read that if Rodgers retired, but then un-retired, at the moment he un-retired his contract would immediately go back onto the Packers books.  Which could be a huge cap hammer.  This was in a New York article back in January, I posted it on this board earlier, but not sure how to find it again.  The suggestion was the Rodgers could hold a huge lever hammer by retiring, but then holding the potential hammer to unretire and shoot the Packers into a cap catastrophe.  He's got the contract, he's got the right.  

Pretty sure his cap hit would lower if he unretired. He'd free up $9m instantly by playing on his contract.

8 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Can we all agree that Gute needs to be out of a job if Love looks bad next year? This guy has zero vision and put us in a horrible situation

Love might not look great his first season starting but Rodgers didn't set the league on fire in 2008 either.  If Love is still struggling in 2024 Gute will be on the hot seat.

• Like 1

What if Rodgers tells the Jets he isn’t willing to play in Green Bay? Does that sink our leverage?

On the other hand, I think Rodgers’ ego is big enough that he would rather be traded for multiple 1sts than be seen as a guy who gets flipped for a measly day 2 pick. 

15 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but if we only get a 2nd this year and a conditional 1st next year it's a fail.   I think getting pick #13 from the Jets this year is a piece the Packers must get.  

It's not. It allows to see what we have in Jordan. The fail was last year's extension, not this year's compensation.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

It's not. It allows to see what we have in Jordan. The fail was last year's extension, not this year's compensation.

Yes, but I think the world revolves around socials now to the point where we're going to get decent value. The poster above I think is on point, part of Rodgers being sold is the compensation too. That may mean that 13 is out of the question, although I think we'll get that pick, but no-way is Rodgers agreeing to join the Jets for chump change bc of the pr.

Edited by oldmansmell

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

On the other hand, I think Rodgers’ ego is big enough that he would rather be traded for multiple 1sts than be seen as a guy who gets flipped for a measly day 2 pick.

It doesn't even have to be put as "ego", just legacy with Packer Fans - much more memorable to go out giving us a haul after 18 years. He could be talking to the Jets about that for all we know. I mean, there has only ever been one player in the history of the NFL to go through this, and his name is Aaron Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Seeing what Daniel Jones just got for basically one years worth of average/decent production of 3205 yards, 15TDs and 5 Ints, plus another 700 rushing, if Love plays good we are looking at paying him around $40m a year minimum

Which is why if you truly believe in him, you give him a 5-year extension now for 150 with 100 guaranteed.