Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

19 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Context is king, and clearly this is not coming across. Both are the same things matter of fact or merely stating. Bahaha. He's just not in AR's caliber. You won't convince me otherwise. Has nothing to do with support or desire for him to succeed. Currently he's just not. Hopefully he gets there, stays there and becomes an HOfer. 

Correct, context is king and in the context of the situation I stand by exactly what you stated and how it comes off to everyone except yourself. You can back pedal all you want but no matter how many times you try and convince me or anyone else that 2+2 = 7 it’s still going to equal 4. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

LOL! It'll be better than the Viking's horn! Every time we score a TD we get the Beatles' Love, Love. It'll drive the other team nuts! Gute is a genius.

GB would never do something like that. It's too disruptive to the "family atmosphere" at Lambeau.

When listening to Kirwan and Miller on Sirius XM....they've been talking Rodgers a lot.

Both of them reiterated a point that is seldom made here.  Rodgers has the power.

It could be that he wants to play next year and he wants to be a Packer.  He can force that to happen.  Miller expects that to happen.  Kirwan was 50/50.  He thought that if another team showed him enough love, such as signing his friends, that would sway Rodgers.

Now...they've been wrong before, but that was a tune they were singing yesterday.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's a throw in, who cares? GB should absolutely get Mims or Ruckert in a deal and they are probably of little value for the now all-in Jets, and they're still young enough to take a shot on.

If he's a throw in, I'd rather have a pick.

And if we are really shopping for a throw in player, Elijah Moore makes more sense to me in the fact that he's shown more in the NFL than Mims. 

And the Jets likely look at bringing in Cobb and/or Lazard to that WR room.

I don't know what a Ruckert is, or is not.  And I'm too tired to google it right now.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

And if we are really shopping for a throw in player, Elijah Moore makes more sense to me in the fact that he's shown more in the NFL than Mims. 

I don't know what a Ruckert is, or is not.  And I'm too tired to google it right now.

I'd like to have Moore or Mims for sure, but I doubt they want to part with him.  Mims may have run out of chances there.

With all the media coverage linked to the Jets/Rodgers, it would be mildly shocking at this point for the trade not to occur.  It's not like anyone involved in this is playing coy.  Seems clear enough that all parties involved are interested in making it happen.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

With all the media coverage linked to the Jets/Rodgers, it would be mildly shocking at this point for the trade not to occur.  It's not like anyone involved in this is playing coy.  Seems clear enough that all parties involved are interested in making it happen.

Yeah .. except the wishy washy Aaron Rodgers.  It's all in his court.  One call from him to the Packers or Jets that he wants to make this trade happen and it happen.  Time for Aaron to make a decision.  He knows it needs to be wrapped up by early next week, and in previous comments has promised not to hold anyone up.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think you understand the definition of a throw in, it's something of little to no value added on as a lottery ticket. Another pick or Elijah Moore is not a throw in.

The thing is Rodgers doesn't just want to come back to GB. He wants to do it his way with his guys on his time. MLF can probably make a strong case with the team in OTAs that Love is there, ready, and doing the work Rodgers has checked out of. He's the guy either way. What's Rodgers going to do? Retire? Not show up? Demand a trade in TC? Eat the money if you have to but it's not like the Packers have to give Rodgers anything outside of money. 

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Just looking at this now, the Jets are so geared up for an all in appraoch. They could make some or all of these roster moves, clear up a shed load of cap space and go out and spend like crazy to build around Rodgers for a Super Bowl push:

CJ Mosley – $17m base salary – extend or add void years and convert to signing bonus – he has two years on his deal

Laken Tomlinson – $12m base salary – extend or add void years and convert to signing bonus – he has two years on his deal

Carl Lawson - $15m base salary, $300k dead cap hit, last year of deal, either extend or cut

DJ Reed - $10.5m base salary, cutting would save $8m, probably won’t but could add void years and convert to signing bonus

Jonathan Franklin Meyers - $11.4m base salary, cutting him saves $11m, but he was pretty good, convert to signing bonus his base salary

Duane Brown - $9m base salary, he is 38 years old, cut him and save almost $5m

Corey Davis $10.5m base salary, last year of deal, cut him and only $666k dead cap

Jordan Whitehead - $10m cap hit, cut him and save almost $7m, or extend him as he is in the last year of his deal

Quinnen Williams in last year of his deal and has a cap hit of $9.5m, he’ll be extended

Braxton Barrios in last year of deal, cut him and save $5m or extend him

P.S I'm sure the Packers bring this up in negotations, that the Jets can easily handle any Rodgers cap ramifications. They are basically saying to the Jets we are giving you the best shot at a Super Bowl in donkeys years. If they free up all this cap and have no QB what's the point, they are primed to make a run now!

As mentioned, the Jets are on it with creating the cap war room for Rodgers. They released Barrios, gaining $5m. Watch as more moves happen

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

ESPN reporting trade with Jets is imminent. 

I'll enjoy the memories Rodgers gave us all and be relieved that the drama is over. 

Never in doubt. He is gone. We'll get a haul. We move onto the Love and Peace era in Green Bay

29 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

When listening to Kirwan and Miller on Sirius XM....they've been talking Rodgers a lot.

Both of them reiterated a point that is seldom made here.  Rodgers has the power.

It could be that he wants to play next year and he wants to be a Packer.  He can force that to happen.  Miller expects that to happen.  Kirwan was 50/50.  He thought that if another team showed him enough love, such as signing his friends, that would sway Rodgers.

Now...they've been wrong before, but that was a tune they were singing yesterday.

One thing I definitely agree with @Mr Anonymous about is Rodgers desire to want to retire here. The difference is the distinction to be needed here vs wanting to play here.

That's a significant distinction. One our FO is certainly well aware of. They hold the actual power. They could make him feel wanted again. But they actually want Love and know that this rebuffing is going to irk Rodgers and make him ultimately want to play elsewhere.

Folks who think Rodgers has all the power fail to see that he's still a slave to his ego and will thus not have the REAL power unless he's able to shed that. 

I think that's really really unlikely.

• Like 4