Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'm not sure why you don't understand I've never once said or implied he will be pushed out. In fact, I'm very literally saying the opposite. I agree they don't want it messy. And it won't be. 

They made it clear they want to move forward with Love. It's obvious to everyone, especially Aaron.

So even though the team will never say it on record that they want Love to be their QB in 2023 and have already made it clear to Rodgers that he's their QB in 2023 if he wants to be in Green Bay, you just expect Rodgers to sort of "sense" it and leave voluntarily knowing that if we wants to stay they will not force him out?

That's an interesting way of applying wishful thinking.

Being willing to trade Rodgers and see what they have in Love DOES NOT EQUAL being willing to force Rodgers out of town so that they can place the keys in Love's hands. There is and has been a grey area near everyone has been jumping right over this entire time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No. He leaves because he needs to be needed.

It's true they are taking this approach as far as they can go by what they're NOT saying. You have a point there. Packers players have been awfully quiet as well. I have to admit there could be a slim chance Rodgers senses the time has come by not hearing the adulation from GB that he's getting from NY. I'll give you that. I just think Rodgers is so self involved and self assured that if he wants to be in Green Bay, he'll do it. And he knows it's that simple. Praise and adoration or none, he's the QB in Green Bay if he wants it.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

So even though the team will never say it on record that they want Love to be their QB in 2023 and have already made it clear to Rodgers that he's their QB in 2023 if he wants to be in Green Bay, you just expect Rodgers to sort of "sense" it and leave voluntarily knowing that if we wants to stay they will not force him out?

Yes. Everyone in the world senses it. Aaron does, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

It's not semantics lol. I understand that you have this thing where you believe everyone is out to get you because you have a differing opinion than them and that's a narrative you want to push because it gives you some sort of ego stroke. However, I don't really care about your opinion. In fact, I actually understand those that aren't happy with the fact the Packers are moving on from Aaron Rodgers - differing of opinions in this situation is quite alright. 

The problem that I have, is that you made no mention of Love being an unknown. See below:

"Part of me wants him gone to see what most of you absolute AR complainers will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of him."

This isn't "he's an unknown so he isn't on Aaron Rodgers level" this is a very matter of fact stated comment / statement in regards to the talent of Jordan Love. You then back pedaled on the matter of fact way of stating it & went on to state he's an unknown so it's true and no one can convince you otherwise. 

No one is out to get you, I just think it's ignorant for you to assume that Jordan Love is going to come into this season and not throw up some numbers, simply because you have this bromance with Aaron Rodgers. I mean I get it, love you some Aaron but don't assume Jordan Love isn't capable of doing what Aaron did when he stepped on the field after we moved on from Favre, because that's just ignorance. 

So I didn't mention that a QB that is a true unknown is an unknown. F**k me I needed to say that really, to make the point. Have a good one pal. Go Pack. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

Yes. Everyone in the world senses it. Aaron does, too.

No argument there, he has to sense it. Their silence and change of words is loud and clear. It's the only card they could play. I just don't think he cares. He knows they've left it up to him.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

No argument there, he has to sense it. Their silence and change of words is loud and clear. It's the only card they could play. I just don't think he cares. He knows they've left it up to him.

He will leave. He will say: "I understand....my time is up" and leave.
Should he turn on his way out...perhaps hesitating...unsure....the GB FO will tell him: "Keep moving AR. The time has come"
And he will leave :)

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

He played elite this year though. They were correct.

23 Million to play most of 11 games is not giving us our values worth though and historically, big guys don’t stay healthy through a third contract. I suppose the deal overall hinges on how he performs moving forward.