Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Good morning everyone. Today is the day peeps!!!!

I could see this happening; the news would dominate the sports world for the whole weekend before free agency. Rodgers will love that. Hoping if there is a deal that a swap of 1st round picks is part of it, could be the difference between getting the player they really covet in the first round and just missing out on him. Will keep me checking the news throughout the day anyways. 

14 minutes ago, R T said:

I could see this happening; the news would dominate the sports world for the whole weekend before free agency. Rodgers will love that. Hoping if there is a deal that a swap of 1st round picks is part of it, could be the difference between getting the player they really covet in the first round and just missing out on him. Will keep me checking the news throughout the day anyways. 

I just want that #13 pick from them some how.  A franchise level Qb that is perhaps their missing piece is worth that pick.  If they are willing to load up a caravan and fly out to Cali to see King Aaron then they are surely willing to give up their 1st round pick.  Swapping picks is minimal .. they have #13 and we have #15.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I just want that #13 pick from them some how.  A franchise level Qb that is perhaps their missing piece is worth that pick.  If they are willing to load up a caravan and fly out to Cali to see King Aaron then they are surely willing to give up their 1st round pick.  Swapping picks is minimal .. they have #13 and we have #15.

Ya they didn't go through all that just to trade us a 3rd round pick or swap firsts.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yah agree.  Hope Gute doesn't screw the pooch.  If it was a swap and a couple of 2's guess I could live with it.  Throw in a player as well.  One would think if there is a deal it will need to break very soon.  Like today or tomorrow.  If the Jets try backtracking on the deal I'd say screw them.  The Packers don't need to bend over.  I mean what's fair here?  Bringing back Aaron along with Love isn't the worst thing in the world.  Jets twitter monkeys throwing out low ball offers. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not Rodgers style to make headlines on a Friday news dump kind of a day.  He's a Monday morning water cooler type.

Today or very latest over the weekend it has to happen

1) Rodgers and the Jets want to milk the media on this and let it get all the hype, on Monday that will be shared with all the FA's Mike McGlinchey's et al who all be pinging off the board. They don't want to share that attention

2) If Rodgers is in, the Jets need to start buying up the premium assets on the opening of FA

IF Rodgers is not signed within 48 hours, my conviction of him moving on take a massive nosedive. 

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Its like people forgot 2018.  Pissed off Rodgers could very well run the offense as the HC wants to win the starting job and revert back to doing things his way at any time.  

Yep, it's like after this down turn year which zero WR's to throw to he's now somehow incapable as a QB. From HOFer to highschooler over night. Funny how perceptions can be so far from the troth. Good post. 

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If Rodgers is traded, is there any chance the team drafts a QB in the first, or is the plan strictly to stay the course with Love?

I would think they bring in a vet or a later round draft pick but not a first rounder unless it was some super star type that was falling like an AR in 05. I think they would do all they could to give Love the job without too much pressure. Enough to keep him warm, but not enough to cause him issues. GB is a pretty conservative FO. I mean Love was only drafted to potentially replace a QB who was not playing well. I don't think for a second anyone in the FO thought Love's draft would turn AR into an MVP machine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If Rodgers is traded, is there any chance the team drafts a QB in the first, or is the plan strictly to stay the course with Love?

I think they take one somewhat early. Ted Thompson took brian brohm inthe 2nd and while Gutey isn't a carbon copy of him, he does seem to follow his logic quite a  bit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I would guess the plan is to stay the course with Love. Now, if one of the top guys fell to 15, could they consider it if that guy was clearly #1 on their board? I guess. 

Love is going to be the best QB in the NFC North by mid-season next year. Bookmark this post. 

• Like 1