Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

The national media really wants this trade to happen.  And of course, the Jets have all the power and the Packers none. Its not quite a simple as that though....the Jets absolutely NEED a big time quarterback. The only other two QB's out there are Jackson from the Ravens who is franchised and or Jimmy Garappolo.  Garappolo is apparently already leaning toward the Raiders and the price for Jackson would be extremely expensive and the Ravens could match any offer.  So for the Jets it really is Rodgers or nothing.  Rodgers waiting might actually give the Packers more leverage. Garappolo will be gone in the first 2-3 days...then the Jets have even less room for leverage.

The Packers are also in a bad spot.  They want to move on to Love and the contract that Rodgers has gives him a lot of power. Really getting out of that bad contract is most of the win for Green Bay.

So my view is that the Jets have 90% of the power and the Packers unfortunately only have 10%....when Garappolo goes, the power moves to 75%-25%.

If the Jets had all the power, we might get a 3rd or 4th round pick this year and maybe a conditional pick next year based on performance.  If we had all the power, we would get 2 firsts and maybe even another pick on top of that.

The BEST I think the Packers can hope for is the following in the trade:

Jets get:

1. Green Bay picks up part of Rodgers contract ($10 - $15 million).
  2. Jets get Rodgers

Packers get:

1. Second Round pick in 2023
  2. Swap of First Round picks with Jets in 2023
  3. Packers get a Conditional Pick in 2024. (Highest would be a 2nd).

Anything better than this would be a huge win for Gute and the Packers

The WORST I think the Packers can get is the following in the trade:

Jets get:

1. Green Bay picks up part of Rodgers contract ($10 - $15 million).
  2. Jets get Rodgers

Packers get:

1. Third Round pick in 2023
  2. Packers get a Conditional Pick in 2024. (Highest would be a 2nd).

Anything lower than this would be a loss for the Packers...but we would still get rid of THAT contract.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If Rodgers is traded, is there any chance the team drafts a QB in the first, or is the plan strictly to stay the course with Love?

As a good poster and outside observer of this process.....what do you see is fair value for Rodgers?  Not to your team, but to any team?  Since you are not invested in this team, I'm truly curious as to your viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

As a good poster and outside observer of this process.....what do you see is fair value for Rodgers?  Not to your team, but to any team?  Since you are not invested in this team, I'm truly curious as to your viewpoint.

Agree he's a very good poster, but he's very invested. He's invested in the Packers getting screwed. 

37 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

1. Jets haven't been to the playoffs for 12 years, the longest of any team, twice as long as the Lions

2. What other QB options are there in the market as of today?

3. Woody Johnson is 75 years old, he might not have another 12 years to wait for a playoff appearance

4. The Rams just did it, the Bucs just did it. Go all in on a veteran QB, surround them with talent, and mortgage the future

5. This is the closest they will come to being a Super Bowl contender

Now do the other half of the Benjamin Franklin. 

This is how I think it all played out.

End of season Gute tells Rodgers we want to go with Love in 2023.

Rodgers contemplation is either retire as a Packer or look to play on but for a different team. Hence his meditation in the darkness retreat.

Rodgers tell the Packers which teams he is interested for a trade with.

Gute informs those teams that they might move on from Rodgers and if you are interested the price is 2x 1st rounders.

None of those teams were interested. Jets went all in for Carr. The day Carr chooses the Saints sets the wheels in motion and the Jets tell the Packers we will do it. Packers thus give permission.

After meeting Rodgers the Jets are saying the Packers 'we dont know how long Rodgers will play, the price is too high blah blah' 

Now we are in that period of negotiation to lower the asking price and playing poker by both teams.

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Is there any traction to Bakhtiari being involved in this deal?  I could see Rodgers wanting him included but don't know how feasible it is.  I think the Packers owe Bakh some sort of payment by Mar 17.  

• Like 1

Glad they are excited… but breece hall knows Rodgers doesn’t use RBs right? And Wilson knows that he can’t get that dot if he doesn’t know the hand signal Rodgers used back in butte for the state championship right?

Also that he hasn’t been to a super bowl in over 13 years.

He isn’t your savior jets!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Is there any traction to Bakhtiari being involved in this deal?  I could see Rodgers wanting him included but don't know how feasible it is.  I think the Packers owe Bakh some sort of payment by Mar 17.  

I doubt it.  

But....their LT is Duane Brown, and if anyone thinks Bakh is old, Duane Brown is ancient.  

I think they would have to clear a lot of money to fit both under the cap.  But after looking at their Spotrac stuff, I think actually can.  I thought I saw a lot of ways to create cap space on that team.

Though I thought some of those moves would be made to accommodate Cobb and Lazard.  

After a quick look....

Jets are like $300k over the cap.

If I just look at cutting guys with low dead cap, I get to $58M of cap space.  Clearly that won't happen, but there are some easy moves they can make to get well under the cap.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Glad they are excited… but breece hall knows Rodgers doesn’t use RBs right? And Wilson knows that he can’t get that dot if he doesn’t know the hand signal Rodgers used back in butte for the state championship right?

Also that he hasn’t been to a super bowl in over 13 years.

He isn’t your savior jets!

Shut Your Mouth Step Brothers GIF - Shut Your Mouth Step Brothers Will  Ferrell - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Not for me but if I took off my GG glasses I'd think 2 2's maybe a low level player is as high as I'd go.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Everyone is reading too much into it.  Clearly they were having a fondue party.

I think it’s fun and it adds to the entertainment of all of this… so I think it’s great.

Having said that… my comments still stand. Like be careful what you wish for. Given it’s Hackett, it’s going to be the same offense. Rodgers is going to change plays, likely check out of runs etc etc.

Like good luck hall and Wilson you better hope you vibe with Rodgers, otherwise you aren’t getting the ball.