Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe Beckham?  Packers might be getting a wideout like Corey Davis back from the Jets in the Rodgers deal. 

Remove the name and look at the health and production and ask if you want to pay that player 10.5M for a season. 32 catches and 536 yards, 2TD's last season. 34/492/4 the season before. Big name, little game.

They can pick up a vet on a near minimum, incentivized contract for that kind of production. 

25 minutes ago, R T said:

Remove the name and look at the health and production and ask if you want to pay that player 10.5M for a season. 32 catches and 536 yards, 2TD's last season. 34/492/4 the season before. Big name, little game.

They can pick up a vet on a near minimum, incentivized contract for that kind of production. 

I was thinking Davis might be a guy we have to take back to help the Jets out a bit financially so we can ensure that we get a 1st round pick ;) He posted his best season under LaFleur in Tennessee, and might be useful.  I think we can rework his deal easy enough.  Just a thought.  I have heard his name rumored a bit.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I was thinking Davis might be a guy we have to take back to help the Jets out a bit financially so we can ensure that we get a 1st round pick ;) He posted his best season under LaFleur in Tennessee, and might be useful.  I think we can rework his deal easy enough.  Just a thought.  I have heard his name rumored a bit.

He is in the final year of his deal and the Jets can save the same amount of money just releasing him as trading him (10.5M). No benefit for the Packers to take on that contract and no incentive for player/agent to rework his deal. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure we just took Davis' HC from WMU and made him our offensive consultant.

I wouldn't be displeased with Davis. Toss him like a 2/20 extension, convert that 10m to SB and he'd have like a 4.5 cap hit for this season. Not going to find anything better in FA than Davis for that price.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Pretty sure we just took Davis' HC from WMU and made him our offensive consultant.

I wouldn't be displeased with Davis. Toss him like a 2/20 extension, convert that 10m to SB and he'd have like a 4.5 cap hit for this season. Not going to find anything better in FA than Davis for that price.

I didn't know about hiring his ex head coach .. that's interesting.  There are a lot of Corey Davis ties to folks in GB.