Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Sup? This you or is other people's opinions something you copy and paste a lot? If this isn't you, your copy & pasted opinion nor the person the opinion originated from have any idea what is being said to Rodgers behind closed doors and there's a huge difference between knowing you have to let your QB go because of the business side of things & getting a shiny brand new toy you can endorse coming to play with you through the Media outlets. 

I'm usually pro everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in this case, you'd be better off taking your opinion, rolling it up like a ball of clay, forming it into a 12" Mulatto *fill in blank* spray painting an X on the Tip and then proceed to climb the top of a 2 story building and jumping off it cheeks down, X marks the spot. 

What are you on man?

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What are you on man?

I'm on the, just because Aaron Rodgers teammates aren't parading through the National Media begging him to stay, while Jets players are begging Aaron Rodgers to become a Jet, doesn't mean the narrative of Aaron Rodgers is a terrible leader / has lost the locker room holds any truth to it, juice. 

These Greg Jennings vibes are getting old. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yes. He tried to control the dark :) - but (again) in a team concept, you cant continually remain a singular entity. I get it - there's a price to be paid for an aging HOF QB yadayadayada........I've just grown tired of it and by all appearances so have the Packers.

Put another way.....on the field, I think I've seen his ceiling - multiple times. In big games, he's folded. He's not overcome adversity and led the team to W's. Do I blame him alone for the L's? No - but he's the head honcho. He's the guy with the football. He's the guy that's gotta give us a chance and those windows have done nothing but grown smaller IMO. So - I'm ready for a change. 

If he comes back someway / somehow - I'll cheer him again and hope for the best. Hope things break our way....but I've become less positive it will.

I can't find one word to disagree with. Excellent summary. As for Aaron...John Denver sums it up nicely.

52 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:
9 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Kinda interesting that Jet players are coming out of the woodwork to get Rodgers to the Jets.  

Aaron Jones is about it asking for Rodgers to stay in Green Bay. 

Hmmm!!!

Sup? This you or is other people's opinions something you copy and paste a lot? If this isn't you, your copy & pasted opinion nor the person the opinion originated from have any idea what is being said to Rodgers behind closed doors and there's a huge difference between knowing you have to let your QB go because of the business side of things & getting a shiny brand new toy you can endorse coming to play with you through the Media outlets. 

I'm usually pro everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in this case, you'd be better off taking your opinion, rolling it up like a ball of clay, forming it into a 12" Mulatto *fill in blank* spray painting an X on the Tip and then proceed to climb the top of a 2 story building and jumping off it cheeks down, X marks the spot. 

Of all the genuinely bizare posts we've had in here over the past week or so, THAT is the one that makes you lose your ****?

Packers fans are weird.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Of all the genuinely bizare posts we've had in here over the past week or so, THAT is the one that makes you lose your ****?

Packers fans are weird.

LOL man listen, I'm tired of people outside the organization spinning that Greg Jennings narrative, when we get to the point that Packers fans are doing it then enough is enough. Especially when it's Packers fans incognito posting the opinion as their own and not just sharing the tweet that their thought process generated from. 

It's exhausting being a Packers fan on Aaron Rodgers watch, then you sprinkle some nonsense like the Greg Jennings narrative and it just makes you want to hit your head on the desk repeatedly and hoping that one of the times you lift your head you catch a glimpse of a tweet that it's finally over and the trade has happened.

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

LOL man listen, I'm tired of people outside the organization spinning that Greg Jennings narrative, when we get to the point that Packers fans are doing it then enough is enough. Especially when it's Packers fans incognito posting the opinion as their own and not just sharing the tweet that their thought process generated from. 

It's exhausting being a Packers fan on Aaron Rodgers watch, then you sprinkle some nonsense like the Greg Jennings narrative and it just makes you want to hit your head on the desk repeatedly and hoping that one of the times you lift your head you catch a glimpse of a tweet that it's finally over and the trade has happened.

What'd you say about me?!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm on the, just because Aaron Rodgers teammates aren't parading through the National Media begging him to stay, while Jets players are begging Aaron Rodgers to become a Jet, doesn't mean the narrative of Aaron Rodgers is a terrible leader / has lost the locker room holds any truth to it, juice. 

These Greg Jennings vibes are getting old. 

Don't try and argue with the geriatric group think in this forum. We have posters that create a narrative in their mind and try to make everything fit. They irrationally hate Rodgers to the point that injuries or players around him aren't relevant. It's all him. He doesn't throw to rookies, over the middle and won't run the offense the way the guru Matt ran it in Tennessee with such great success. 

It makes for a good laugh to see them mocked by the general public for their irrational takes in other threads for them to come in here for their safe space. Hell they are watching Jordan Love throw to motionless receivers and talking about winning the Superbowl next year with love. 

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Then go outside and touch grass. Rodgers and the Packers aren’t forcing you to make this your world every minute of everyday.

Rodgers is a high profile player… everything he does will be picked a part. It’s just all for clicks. Positive articles will be written, but mostly negative (hint: these get the most clicks).

The issue you have with the “Greg Jennings narrative” is that it’s based in some kernel of truth. Rodgers did some ****ty things to Greg… and Greg overreacted and made it extremely public. You don’t vibe with everyone you work with. I’m sure there are more packers over the years that dislike Rodgers or outright hate him… guessing Amari doesn’t have the best opinions either if he was being honest and I remember Donald Driver being critical of Rodgers handling of WRs.

Problem is Greg was “someone” in GB. Not just another depth piece Jeff Janis type that can easily be dismissed, Greg scored 2 TDs in Rodgers only SB… that made it a story.

The fact is everyone is trying to figure out… in a NFL where all his contemporaries have multiple SBs (Brady, Ben, manning, manning, Mahomes) Rodgers is sitting with the likes of Flacco and Stafford. So everyone is trying to find a reason to justify this fact. Is it the packers wasting him? Even though they have been to like what 6 nfc championship games. Or is it just something about Rodgers himself…

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Then go outside and touch grass. Rodgers and the Packers aren’t forcing you to make this your world every minute of everyday.

Rodgers is a high profile player… everything he does will be picked a part. It’s just all for clicks. Positive articles will be written, but mostly negative (hint: these get the most clicks).

The issue you have with the “Greg Jennings narrative” is that it’s based in some kernel of truth. Rodgers did some ****ty things to Greg… and Greg overreacted and made it extremely public. You don’t vibe with everyone you work with. I’m sure there are more packers over the years that dislike Rodgers or outright hate him… guessing Amari doesn’t have the best opinions either if he was being honest and I remember Donald Driver being critical of Rodgers handling of WRs.

Problem is Greg was “someone” in GB. Not just another depth piece Jeff Janis type that can easily be dismissed, Greg scored 2 TDs in Rodgers only SB… that made it a story.

The fact is everyone is trying to figure out… in a NFL where all his contemporaries have multiple SBs (Brady, Ben, manning, manning, Mahomes) Rodgers is sitting with the likes of Flacco and Stafford. So everyone is trying to find a reason to justify this fact. Is it the packers wasting him? Even though they have been to like what 6 nfc championship games. Or is it just something about Rodgers himself…

Imagine using the term "go outside and touch grass" on a forum of posts originated from comments we've dealt with over the years, not days. Couldn't be me bro. 

The point is, it's VERY possible to go through a breakup amicably and this adolescent mentality of "I need to make a negative post on Aaron in order to feel better about myself when this trade goes through" nonsense is ridiculous. This isn't our first rodeo of moving on from a HOF QB. Learn from he last one & grow up. Life goes on. 

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Just because it isn't on OUR timeline doesn't mean that he's holding anyone hostage. I don't get that mentality at all. He's doing things within the timelines provided by both clubs and there's nothing wrong with that. 

Ya he’s not holding anyone hostage yet. Maybe making them sweat it a bit though 😂 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You should probably lay off the boards for a while if it bothers you so much.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya he’s not holding anyone hostage yet. Maybe making them sweat it a bit though 😂 

If he is still contemplating retirement then the delay makes sense.  If he's just stringing the decision to go to the Jets out for drama then it totally speaks to who he is as a person.