Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

We wouldn't take number one overall for Love has me in tears. Some of you are really special

You know my stance on it.

But let me clarify.  You are all knowing.

You KNOW that Love is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers.  Everything that comes with it.  

Do you trade that for the first overall pick in this year's draft?

I can't say that I would, given that scenario.

The issue I have is the stance that Love will be the next Aaron Rodgers.  While I really, really hope for that, that is just a really tough bar to clear, especially right now given Love's career and draft profile.  

While they were drafted near eachother in terms of the pick, Rodgers was considered one of the two guys in the running for that first overall pick.  Love was never mentioned there.  So there is that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

You KNOW that Love is going to be the next Aaron Rodgers.  Everything that comes with it.  

The issue I have is the stance that Love will be the next Aaron Rodgers.  While I really, really hope for that, that is just a really tough bar to clear, especially right now given Love's career and draft profile.  

While they were drafted near eachother in terms of the pick, Rodgers was considered one of the two guys in the running for that first overall pick.  Love was never mentioned there.  So there is that.

I legitimately wonder if it's possible to "know" a player's ceiling before he becomes a starter. IIRC there were people who were blown away by Rodgers abilities in practice while Brett was still starting. Almost like they had to keep it a secret so they could trade him.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I think you trade Love for the #1 overall if you have an absolute generational QB available at 1 this year. I don't think that's the case this year but, admittedly, I'm not as checked in to the draft process yet for this year. 

I think you trade for him if you can get a haul similar to the one the Bears got and if there's a QB prospect you like a lot.

I don't think you trade him if you can't get either of the above. 

• Like 1

If this thing happens, and it wont, but if it does....

Man, the NFL truly stands for Not For Long.  It will be the WHYDFML league.  What.  Have.  You.  Done.  For.  Me.  Lately.

Dude's a year removed and a broken finger on his throwing hand, removed from back to back MVP seasons.  39 wins over the prior 3 years.

And we are ushering him out the door.  Front office.  And fans.

I get it, we drafted Love and need to see that investment through, good or bad.

But man, that escalated quickly!

That-escalated GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If he's the next great QB then of course you don't trade the pick. The Love comparisons to Rodgers end with them being in a similar situation after being drafted. I'm hopeful for Love but the Rodgers extensions and  lack of tape make that nearly impossible 

Edited by PackFan13

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

I legitimately wonder if it's possible to "know" a player's ceiling before he becomes a starter. IIRC there were people who were blown away by Rodgers abilities in practice while Brett was still starting. Almost like they had to keep it a secret so they could trade him.

For us out here?  I feel like there are a few "cant miss' guys that you can identify.  Lawrence being a recent example.  Luck before him.  Manning (both of them) prior to Luck.  Matt Ryan to a certain extent.

But not Love, not us.  While I've stated, many times, that if you are "for" Love, you can find reasons to back up your stance.  Just like if you are "against" Love, you can find reasons to back that up.

And I feel like there's more against Love than there is for Love, right now.  

But...the farther we get away from his junior year in college, the better you can feel about him.  Ain't no one feeling this way if he doesn't ball out against Philly.  Because he was a turnover machine in pre-season, though be it with 3rd and 4'th stringers.

If you are really on the bandwagon now, it is because of Philly and because you gotta see what the kid has.  Now is the time.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If this thing happens, and it wont, but if it does....

Man, the NFL truly stands for Not For Long.  It will be the WHYDFML league.  What.  Have.  You.  Done.  For.  Me.  Lately.

Dude's a year removed and a broken finger on his throwing hand, removed from back to back MVP seasons.  39 wins over the prior 3 years.

And we are ushering him out the door.  Front office.  And fans.

I get it, we drafted Love and need to see that investment through, good or bad.

But man, that escalated quickly!

That-escalated GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Agree 100%, but he's nearly 40, and talking about retirement every year.  Perhaps he gets rejuvenated in NY, but that wasn't going to happen in Green Bay again.   The relationship became stale.  Great player, but its time to move on for him and the Packers.

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Something tells me you're going to be disappointed with the return regardless of what it is.

Should be 2 first rd picks, 2 second round picks, a 4th round pick + 3 players.   That was Seattle's return for Wilson.   Anything less than that gets added to Gute's mistake pile.