Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

14 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Awful comp.

The Rodgers' pick was a great value pick by a GM that took advantage of extreme value dropping to him.

The Love pick was a disaster by a desperate GM reaching and squandering a 1st & 4th round pick for a team that needed players at other positions to build off a final four run.

Funny, but at the same point and time many were lamenting the Rodgers pick as a disaster. GO and look it up. After three years, Rodgers had 1/2 of one regular season game where he looked the part, against Dallas. 

You predetermined the outcome of Love's career because you didn't like the pick. 

Your bias is coming through loud and clear. Other than this topic you are pretty levelheaded. Quarterback debates can do that. I'll trust what I see in Love and apparently what several professional coaches and evaluators see. I guy who has it and it clicked! 

His future is so bright, he'd better wear shades! 

My comp is spot on, your analysis is awful. So, we can do this for 6 more pages or agree to disagree. I already know which choice I'm making. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Awful comp.

The Rodgers' pick was a great value pick by a GM that took advantage of extreme value dropping to him.

The Love pick was a disaster by a desperate GM reaching and squandering a 1st & 4th round pick for a team that needed players at other positions to build off a final four run.

Okay, go with me on this.  I'm researching stuff....

2004 Packers were 10-6.  We were the #3 seed in the NFC.  Lost to Minnesota at home in the playoffs.

2005 draft, Rodgers was picked with pick #24. 

We won the division, was a #3 seed and drafted a QB who was there with our pick #24.

2019 Packers were 13-3.  We were the #2 seed.  Lost to San Fran in the playoffs.  At their place.

2020 draft we chose Jordan Love with pick #26.

You subtract the fourth round pick thrown in to the deal, and we were in a similar situation.

Except for the perception that Rodgers was in the running for the first overall pick.  Love was not.

9 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Calling the Love pick a disaster even before he starts a season for us a starter seems premature.

No... It was a massive over pay for a flawed prospect coming off an awful season that deprived a good team of young talent at needed positions. Love's dismal development the last three season has just added to the disastrous value.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay, go with me on this.  I'm researching stuff....

2004 Packers were 10-6.  We were the #3 seed in the NFC.  Lost to Minnesota at home in the playoffs.

2005 draft, Rodgers was picked with pick #24. 

We won the division, was a #3 seed and drafted a QB who was there with our pick #24.

2019 Packers were 13-3.  We were the #2 seed.  Lost to San Fran in the playoffs.  At their place.

2020 draft we chose Jordan Love with pick #26.

You subtract the fourth round pick thrown in to the deal, and we were in a similar situation.

Except for the perception that Rodgers was in the running for the first overall pick.  Love was not.

The only other difference is that Favre had been playing the retirement game for several years already when they picked Rodgers.

Rodgers had gone on record as saying he wanted to play 5 more years.  The games started after Love was selected.   

I had no issues when the Packers picked AR.   I thought it was 2-3 years too early when they selected Love.

• Like 2

Just now, Donzo said:

No... It was a massive over pay for a flawed prospect coming off an awful season that deprived a good team of young talent at needed positions. Love's dismal development the last three season has just added to the disastrous value.

We went to the NFC Championship in Rodgers third year backing up Favre. The situations are identical. WE could have drafted somebody like Logan Mankins instead of Rodgers who could have helped us beat the Giants who destroyed us in the middle with their pass rush.

Folks can play this stupid game all day long. Truth is, when you get a guy that falls to you in the draft that you think can be your franchise QB you take him. 

Here's a flashback for you! Dan Marino had a terrible senior year at Pitt and fell to pick 27! By your reasoning, the Dolphins should have never taken him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Calling the Love pick a disaster even before he starts a season for us a starter seems premature.

Like to add to this. When the packers drafted Love they were in the same boat as they are now.  Aging Qb that is not playing up to par. They draft Love, which lite a fire under him and he was back to MVP form. Now he is fading again this time they are done and ready to move on.  Love pick was the best thing they could have done. They got a 2 time MVP QB from making that pick.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The only other difference is that Favre had been playing the retirement game for several years already when they picked Rodgers.

Rodgers had gone on record as saying he wanted to play 5 more years.  The games started after Love was selected.   

I had no issues when the Packers picked AR.   I thought it was 2-3 years too early when they selected Love.

Rodgers was not playing elite football, by his standards, the prior two or three years when we took Love. Let's not forget that fact. He looked to be in decline. 

• Like 1