Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Oof. If that's anything north of 7 million it'll be a bad deal. Really glad gute let mVS and lazard go.

Yeah that's where I'm at too. I loathe how bad our WR room is, but I don't think it gets solved by overpaying guys like Lazard/MVS.

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah that's where I'm at too. I loathe how bad our WR room is, but I don't think it gets solved by overpaying guys like Lazard/MVS.

OK maybe I'm wrong on Lazard. That could be the accurate price, if guys like Meyers are getting this.

Really tight lipped on this whole deal.  Just flipped on NFL network ole Ian is clueless.  Both Jets and Packers waiting on Aaron and no framework for a deal has been worked out.  Yah right OK.  Wingo let the cat out of the bag yesterday and Jets going for Lazard is further confirmation.  The deal is done.  Just waiting on the announcement.  Whether it's today or tomorrow doesn't matter except to us fans.  

Gute better get some return on this.  Oh BTW if you think we won't be on Rodgers watch next year you are mistaken.  A conditional pick will almost certainly be part of this deal.  So we'll be watching and waiting again next year.  Fun isn't it?  I'm going out snowmobiling get the last lick of winter around here.  Hopefully when I get back there will be some news but the way things are going doubt it.  

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Meyers is the better player. If someone gives lazard 11 million a year it's MVS all over again.

Meyers is 67rec, 804yd, 12TD - probably $11M/year

Lazard is 60 rec, 788yd, 6TD - the hypothetical value was $7M/year

At those valuations, I'd take Lazard. If Lazard were $11M i'd take Meyers. 

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

Depends on what the rest of the wrs look like on your team but I agree with the logic. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

It seems fair to say the Meyers deal sets the cap on any Lazard deal.  I wouldn't expect Lazard to come in under 8M.  I'd guess he signs for something just under 10M.

If you compare Lazard production to other WR who have recently signed deals there was no chance he was going to get unde $8m unless he was an outlier. 

Lazard over the last four years has put up 2,229 yards. Receivers with similar output, that have never had a 1,000 yard season, like Lazard, have gotten at least $10m AAV.   Zay Jones, who put up more yards this year than Lazard got paid $8m AAV but he was coming off a 546 season in Las Vegas.   Kendrick Bourne is the only player here that has put up virtually the same numbers as Lazard but who is getting paid comparatively little at $5m AAV.   Key is that his former teammate, MVS has also put up very similar production to Lazard over the past four years and got $10m AAV signing with the Chiefs in 2022. That's why Lazard's agents would demand at least a similar payday and at that price, it seems unlikely that he will be back with the Pack next year, which is sad as he is a fan favourite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Theyre incredibly similar in production, and if you cant see that Lazard should be on par with Jakobi by pay you have FA envy.

• Like 1

If Lazard is 8M or less, that's a deal that we have to do, if he wants to come back.

He's likely in that 10-12M range.  I know the difference kindda minimal, but our cap situation is not good.

Also...our WR situation is not good.  We could use a vet in there.  Talent is there, but it's young.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If Lazard is 8M or less, that's a deal that we have to do, if he wants to come back.

He's likely in that 10-12M range.  I know the difference kindda minimal, but our cap situation is not good.

Also...our WR situation is not good.  We could use a vet in there.  Talent is there, but it's young.

Yes, we’re about to feel the effects of our past years’ spending starting with but not limited to Rodgers’ deal. Anyone who think Lazard is going to be 7mil or whatever hasn’t been watching the WR market. It’s a shame we can’t keep him because he is valuable in our system and makes his teammates better with his willingness to block. Hopefully we can find someone with that same mentality who is up and coming or a vet who’s gotten left behind for shiny new toys. Either way, his game will not be easily replaced on the cheap. 

• Like 2