Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

Agreed. It does leave the packers in a tough position though. Not a lot of options in the draft, free agency is too expensive.

The Jets are trading us a WR back in this deal with Rodgers. Probably Mims but can hope for Elijah Moore. 

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

That’s WR2 money. Respect Lazard but not at that price. A major role player if that makes sense.

I mean, he got market value for his services.  It was too rich for what the Packers could pay for him, but matches what the market dictates he should get.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It really is pretty funny that the go to argument to explain Rodgers struggles was always lack of weapons, and now Rodgers is pushing to have several of those same guys brought with him to the Jets.

I don't know if it is weapons but more familiar faces in the locker room.  AR may be hesitating because he isn't crazy about the idea of starting over with a new team at this stage of his career.

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

Does this put Elijah Moore in play for a trade?

Possibly.  Even without taking into account OBJ, they're going to have a glut of WRs.  Garrett Wilson and Allen Lazard are obviously WR1 and WR2.  Corey Davis might be a cap casualty after that deal.  Elijah Moore would likely be redundant with Randall Cobb assuming they sign him.  OBJ makes it even more crowded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

If they're signing Lazard.....the AR deal is happening.

I mean Lazard was always linked to Hackett. The early talks last year was Lazard was going to leave for Denver.

So I agree it’s more likely… but I think Lazard is just valued by the staff. Not like the cowboys are whoever we’re busting down the door to get him.