Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Need to be careful here.

Nothing stopping the Jets from turning around and give up two first round picks to sign Jackson to an offer sheet if we piss them off.

Or they could dangle a first rounder at Tennessee for Tannehill.

Lol Ryan Tannehill.

If Ryan Tannehill is worth a FRP, we should ask for 4 for Aaron.

• Like 4

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah, I think Jackson's asking price is stopping them.  How high would the Jets need to go to get to a number BAL wouldn't match?

Make whatever contract they offer fully guaranteed. Only way I think Baltimore does not match.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Need to be careful here.

Nothing stopping the Jets from turning around and give up two first round picks to sign Jackson to an offer sheet if we piss them off.

Or they could dangle a first rounder at Tennessee for Tannehill.

So wait… Jets are upset GB wants 2 firsts for a dude that is only one season removed from 2 straight MVPs (which he won with the Jets current OC).

But they are cool with giving a first up for Tannehill? in what world does that value makes sense.

• Like 2

Just now, squire12 said:

I feel like McAfee allows Rodgers to free speak vs direct Q and A to open.

Yeah, my guess is they pretty much open the floor for Rodgers to talk about whatever he wants.  I'm assuming they'll talk about his darkness retreat before we get any real news.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Make whatever contract they offer fully guaranteed. Only way I think Baltimore does not match.

Lamar himself tweeted he's turned down 3/133M fully guaranteed from BAL.  So like I said, how high would the Jets need to go? And then give up 2 FRP's on top of it.

Edited by Mazrimiv

Gutey knows he's not getting 2 first round picks for Rodgers, but as we've all said from the jump, I have a hard time seeing him let Rodgers go without a single first rounders in the mix, whether that be #13 or a 2024 1st.

He's going to get the value of a 1st round pick, if the Jets don't want to give that up in pure pick compensation, guys like Moore, Ruckert, Carter, Ashtyn Davis, Jermaine Johnson need to be included to get us to that value.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That still seems high IMO.  I think if you're getting #13, you're probably not getting a Day 1 pick the following year and I'd guess that you're not getting a SRP either.

I would think any 2024 compensation is based on either Rodgers playing in 24 or how far the Jets go in 23. I could see us getting the second 1 if they get to the conference championship. That would seem reasonable. 

Something like we get a 3rd, 2nd if they make the playoffs, 1st if they make the Conference Championship or Rodgers commits to play in 24. IF he doesn't commit until after the draft we get the 3rd in 24 and a second in 25.