Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Jets staff will be out of jobs by 2025 if they dont start winning playoff games. Im not sure longevity is in their calculation - certainly not with rodgers. 

Longevity includes getting through a season.  

3 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

#13, a conditional 2024 if he plays, and a player is more than fair IMO. 

Honestly, who gives a **** what is fair? Did the Rams think the John Hadl deal was fair? Fair is how much you can leverage out of the other team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's far more likely that Schefter is reporting this based on outdated news.

But everything seems outdated. Everyone has been reporting this deal is done. And everyone is like they need to wait for the actual league year… so no one backs out (which doesn’t happen in all other pre  new league year trades,  yet strangely this deal is in jeopardy of that).

it’s just weird… given you have wingo out here saying it’s done, than well it’s not done but it will happen it’s just taking time…. Could take 5 more months in fact. But it’s done.

I don’t think anyone know anything and there are still big parts of this deal to be worked out.

Edited by Green19

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But everything seems outdated. Everyone has been reporting this deal is done. And everyone is like they need to wait for the actual league year… so no one backs out (which doesn’t happen in all other pre  new league year, yet strangely this deal is in jeopardy of that).

it’s just weird… given you have wingo out here saying it’s done, than well it’s not done but it will happen it’s just taking time…. Could take 5 more months in fact. But it’s done.

I don’t think anyone know anything and there are still big parts of this deal to be worked out.

I think Trey Wingo is the only one who has reported it's done, and even he backtracked in that other interview.

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Who was there in 1996? I think you have to go back to Bert Jones. If you don't think he's great, it's Johnny U. 

Well yea the ravens inaugural year was 1996, so you get my point.

I never really heard someone long for the days of johnny unitas tbh

Denzel Mims cap hit this year will be as high or higher than any player taken in the 2nd round, including #32.     No interest in taking on his cap # for a "throwaway".    Packers said no to Equanimeous St Brown at $965k, I'm not sure they want Mims at nearly 2x that amount and entering a contract year.    Corey Davis is not worth the name value people still place on him.       Elijah Moore is intriguing - with a real QB his numbers would have looked so much better last year, and he looked special during a 6 game stretch in '21 --but I'd still rather bring in our own cheaper guys in the draft.   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Denzel Mims cap hit this year will be as high or higher than any player taken in the 2nd round, including #32.     No interest in taking on his cap # for a "throwaway".    Packers said no to Equanimeous St Brown at $965k, I'm not sure they want Mims at nearly 2x that amount and entering a contract year.    Corey Davis is not worth the name value people still place on him.       Elijah Moore is intriguing - with a real QB his numbers would have looked so much better last year, and he looked special during a 6 game stretch in '21 --but I'd still rather bring in our own cheaper guys in the draft.   

I'd take Lazard if they're willing to eat some of his contract.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 8

I have no idea.  A month ago, I’d have said two 2nds would be a great return.  Still think so, but I admit hoping for more.  I’m thinking 2nd this year and 1st next would be really nice.  Maybe that pick being conditional

2 minutes ago, craig said:

I have no idea.  A month ago, I’d have said two 2nds would be a great return.  Still think so, but I admit hoping for more.  I’m thinking 2nd this year and 1st next would be really nice.  Maybe that pick being conditional

I was thinking the same thing. It's about how much of his salary we're going to eat, I have to think. Jets want to position themselves for a 2-year run, and we already have some win-now cap hits on the roster, even without Rodgers.

If we eat a good chunk, I think a 2nd this year and a conditional 1st next is smart for both sides.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I would think any 2024 compensation is based on either Rodgers playing in 24 or how far the Jets go in 23. I could see us getting the second 1 if they get to the conference championship. That would seem reasonable. 

Something like we get a 3rd, 2nd if they make the playoffs, 1st if they make the Conference Championship or Rodgers commits to play in 24. IF he doesn't commit until after the draft we get the 3rd in 24 and a second in 25. 

Not liking anything to do with how far they go next year in the playoffs.  Thinking if he commits to playing the 2nd year the Packers get the 2nd round pick period.  Not our problem how their team plays with him ... just that he plays.  

• Like 2