Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers definitely did a lot to help setup a clean break today.  He could have went nuclear, instead he was very straight forward with where he is at.

Agreed, he had some moments where it can be construed as "shade" at the FO and I have already seen some push it that way but its more honesty than anything. He wanted to be wanted (which I believe @incognito_man and @Packerraymond were pretty vocal about through this) and Gb didn't really reciprocate that so that kind of ushered him out. He could have completely dumped on the team and the city and everyone and went that way but he held the high road for the most part. Favre was much more vindictive and petty during his exit and I think Rodgers saw that backlash and is trying to avoid the same now.

I guess then it’s as simple as…

Thank you Aaron Rodgers. Let’s go Jordan Love. Can’t wait to enjoy watching two different teams this year. Don’t think this team would’ve won it this year with or without Rodgers. Let’s take the compensation to the moon.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

I also find the choice of words interesting.

The packers are "dug in." They didnt "move the goal posts." 

Seems that this is a jets problem to me. They thought they could get rodgers to push his way out for less. 

Jets could of always signed hall of famer Derek Carr… they knowingly put themselves in this position.

Just now, HokieHigh said:

I also find the choice of words interesting.

The packers are "dug in." They didnt "move the goal posts." 

Seems that this is a jets problem to me. They thought they could get rodgers to push his way out for less. 

I really think the Packers should have had this compensation hammered out well in advance, but maybe they had some 4D chess going on and new that the Jets and Rodgers would fall in love with one another and get into too deep to get out.

First and foremost, Gute and Ball and Murphy are stewards of the Green Bay Packers.  They are not stewards of Aaron Rodgers.    Ideally those two are not mutually exclusive and they can accomplish both maximizing value and appeasing Rodgers, but the focus should be on what is best for GB.     

Jets media and anyone else (inc Aaron) saying GB should #FreeAaron can kick rocks

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Striker said:

Same. There's only a select few getting truly mad and it's pretty entertaining to watch as they try to take some kind of weird victory lap.

Not even the stuff on the forum too. Just watching that was entertaining as hell to me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Not liking anything to do with how far they go next year in the playoffs.  Thinking if he commits to playing the 2nd year the Packers get the 2nd round pick period.  Not our problem how their team plays with him ... just that he plays.  

It was an either-or situation, not both. IF he plays or how far they go THIS year. 

Jets are going to own that division. They will likely own the AFC in the postseason, too.

Legitimate top 5 defense, Aaron Rodgers, the Chiefs won’t get past that. Lawrence and Burrow are not Rodgers. Jaguars and Bengals are not Jets defense.

Aaron Rodgers very likely makes it to the Super Bowl if he doesn’t choke in the championship game.

Winning it? Against the Niners? Won’t happen.

1 minute ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Agreed, he had some moments where it can be construed as "shade" at the FO and I have already seen some push it that way but its more honesty than anything. He wanted to be wanted (which I believe @incognito_man and @Packerraymond were pretty vocal about through this) and Gb didn't really reciprocate that so that kind of ushered him out. He could have completely dumped on the team and the city and everyone and went that way but he held the high road for the most part. Favre was much more vindictive and petty during his exit and I think Rodgers saw that backlash and is trying to avoid the same now.

Partly correct. 

Sometimes in business you have to avoid saying things - even if they are true - to keep egg off of peoples face. Transparency is not always the way to get to a win-win. 

He was going to retire from the packers, and stated that adoration from the front office was not going to change that. 

He saw the cost of that to favre and doesnt want to pay it. That is the gain by staying fan friendly. 

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Anything is possible. I just think the mindset the Jets going into would be okay we want to have all the weapons we can to push for a super bowl in 1-2 years with Aaron. So I doubt thats the part of the team they want to get rid of. If we can somehow squeeze him into the trade though it would be fantastic!

The wildcard is OBJ.  If he all of a sudden signs with the Jets, then I'll believe that Wilson is in play.

Part of me wants this....

Lazard and Cobb go there with Lewis.

Somehow the Jets trade Wilson to the Raiders for 'Vante.

Rodgers gets his gang together with a defensive minded HC and goes on a rampage.

GB gets some draft picks, drafts offense early and often for Love.  Love goes on a rampage.

GB fans win because we have a good team and we can talk about how Barry ruined our chances.

...only slightly kidding on that rant.  But also...yeah....

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I really think the Packers should have had this compensation hammered out well in advance, but maybe they had some 4D chess going on and new that the Jets and Rodgers would fall in love with one another and get into too deep to get out.

Yep. Once the jets signed lazard, they sprung from the metaphorical ledge. Now they are in mid air.