Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

11 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron talked about the Packers tone changing from right after the end of the season until about the time he exited the darkness retreat.  I have an idea what happened.  Jordan Love's reps quietly asked for a trade.  They may have told the Packers that they wanted to move on if Aaron returned.  Just a hunch. Gute's tone changed a bit between the season ending press conference and the press conference at the combine.  Gute mentioning that he was in regular contact with Jordan and his people made me think something was up there. 

Forgotten in this whole thing is the agency that represents both Rodgers and Love.

Guessing they are mediators in this whole thing, behind the scenes.

Making sure that they have two starting QB's in 2023.

The idea that GB would be seeking a FRP+ doesn't seem all that shocking to me, but I don't really care whether it's true.  We already know everything that matters.  GB and NYJ are definitely working on a Rodgers trade.  It will get done when it gets done.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Would it be good enough if Love were a top 14 QB this year?  Because that is right around where Rodgers was this past year.  

I want to see love be consistent on the short throws, execute with timing in mid range to build on last year, and flash some talent on deep throws on the move. 

I expect our offense to be top 10 in scoring this year while committing less turnovers than 20 teams. 

Qbr, yards, touchdowns not that important to me.   

Edited by HokieHigh

If the Jets have already conceded 13th overall and we’re still hanging on and this deal blows up, Gute should absolutely be fired.

13th overall for a 39 year old QB is insane and we should have taken that the way Kramer took free coffee for life.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The idea that GB would be seeking a FRP+ doesn't seem all that shocking to me, but I don't really care whether it's true.  We already know everything that matters.  GB and NYJ are definitely working on a Rodgers trade.  It will get done when it gets done.

The compensation may not have been discussed before rodgers and jets met. The jets/rodgers probably thought that he could force his way out for cheap.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

If the Jets have already conceded 13th overall and we’re still hanging on and this deal blows up, Gute should absolutely be fired.

13th overall for a 39 year old QB is insane and we should have taken that the way Kramer took free coffee for life.

I dont think the jets want to give up anything that will really help them this year, including #13.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Or the Marlboro man billboard 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's full of it.  I recall him complaining about the Packers having talks without him before he ever went on the darkness retreat.  

fabricating a motivational chip on shoulder for the 2023 season perhaps??