Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

39 minutes ago, R T said:

The trade couldn't happen until Rodgers decided that he wanted to play and play for the Jets, which happened Friday. 

I'm not the one saying two 3rds, but I don't think it is unrealistic to think that may end up happening either. 

If you think two thirds is realistic you are going to be wildly happy with the actual return.

So good job hedging your bets :)

it makes sense for the JETS to hold onto pick 13 this year.  once the draft passes, and JETS use pick 13, they may be more willing to offer up the 2024 1st (with conditions) and 2023 2nd.  

the draft becomes a "deadline" of sorts for the pick 13 being involved.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

If you think two thirds is realistic you are going to be wildly happy with the actual return.

So good job hedging your bets :)

Not sure how I'm hedging here, I've always felt it was going to be a 2nd round pick and still don't believe there is any chance of getting their 13th overall without giving something else back (besides Rodgers). But if it ends up being two 3rds like Silverstein mentioned that shouldn't be surprising to people. Yet it will be. 

Just now, R T said:

Not sure how I'm hedging here, I've always felt it was going to be a 2nd round pick and still don't believe there is any chance of getting their 13th overall without giving something else back (besides Rodgers). But if it ends up being two 3rds like Silverstein mentioned that shouldn't be surprising to people. Yet it will be. 

I'll repeat exactly what I said: you're hedging your bets by wildly underestimating what the actual return will be. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the Jets have already conceded 13th overall and we’re still hanging on and this deal blows up, Gute should absolutely be fired.

13th overall for a 39 year old QB is insane and we should have taken that the way Kramer took free coffee for life.

I doubt this is whats happening.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'll repeat exactly what I said: you're hedging your bets by wildly underestimating what the actual return will be. 

A 2nd or two 3rds have very similar value, hedging would involve something of differing value. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Can't argue with that logic ;)

there are some pseudo deadlines/milestones dates that change the situation for each team and how the assets/cap implications change

• Draft
    • Jets want to hold that pick 13 to use it as they see best
    • GB may want it to use it as they see best
  • June 1st
    • cap implications for GB in a trade can change if they want 
  • various OTA during the off season
    • Jets lose possible time Rodgers being with team for chemistry development
  • training camp
    • Jets lose possible time Rodgers being with team for chemistry development/not having a viable QB besides Wilson
    • GB may have to deal with Rodgers being around and the subsequent circus that might cause
  • Week 1 of regular season
    • GB takes the option bonus on and the implications on the 2024/2025 cap charges
    • Jets not having a viable QB besides Wilson
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The idea that GB would be seeking a FRP+ doesn't seem all that shocking to me, but I don't really care whether it's true.  We already know everything that matters.  GB and NYJ are definitely working on a Rodgers trade.  It will get done when it gets done.

Well, a second or third this year with a first next year is FRP+....

16 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

It’s the internet. You’ll never win that war. Take refuge in the fact that no adult would act this way in public and this is the most meaningless forum on earth. That or enjoy it. Because it’s certainly enjoyable.

Quite true Charisma! Have a great day. 

23 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I dont think the jets want to give up anything that will really help them this year, including #13.

That's my thought.  They will be employed this year and want to make that pick for #13.

Next year, though, is a different story.

Wouldn't shock me if we are haggling over the year in which we get their first round pick and the value of the first round pick next year.

19 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

At some point down the road if it gets that far, Goodell will ask the teams to get this solved.  Murphy will step in and fold like a cheap suit.

Why? Why not Woody? Woody said at like the Super Bowl he would give multiple firsts for a QB…. Why did they have a change of heart all of a sudden.

And don’t tell me Woody isn’t negotiating… he is the legit owner of the jets. If he wants it, it happens.