Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

9 hours ago, dafreak said:

Yes, they should have the "credit" built up. Zach sucks but they have options other than trading for a prima donna QB that maybe/maybe not wants to play another year. Many fans on this forum think the Packers should hold out for unrealistic draft picks but the reality is the Jets are holding just as many cards as the Packers. If the Packers really want to move on, they should? 

They could have had Lawrence, but like the Texans , won a meaningless game.

17 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Goodell getting Woody Johnson and Murphy on the conference call and saying "Youve been haggling for 5 months, Our season starts in 2 weeks let's get the Rodgers situation fixed, trade him or don't trade him, let's resolve this  You guys figure it out over the next week"

You realize that Goodell is a puppet for the owners (and kindda Murphy), right?

If that situation happens, it's more likely that Woody and Murphy tell him to get away from the grown ups table and go to bed without dinner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

As a Jets fan, I think something like this is realistic/fair:

- 2023 3rd round pick

- 2024 2nd round pick that converts to a 1st rounder if Rodgers plays in ‘24

I'd be OK with this as the return if the 2023 pick is RD2 rather than RD3.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dafreak said:

Long term a much better option? Rodgers is year to year with what he wants to do. A lot of baggage comes with trading for him.

Good luck getting that Jets roster to buy into tanking the 2023 season.  It's a fantasy that isn't happening. 

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Exactly.  The Jets would want some level of protection if Rodgers were to have a legitimate change of heart.  The only way to include protection for the Jets would be something that convey the year after '24 season.  Like if the Jets traded a SRP this year plus a conditional SRP next year (that moves to a FRP if the Jets make the AFC Championship or some stipulation like that).  But the Jets receive a '25 pick (something like a 3rd if the Jets send a FRP to the Packers in 2024) IF Rodgers doesn't play in 2024.

This is more or less how I see it as well.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

You realize that Goodell is a puppet for the owners (and kindda Murphy), right?

If that situation happens, it's more likely that Woody and Murphy tell him to get away from the grown ups table and go to bed without dinner.

Yes, but Goodell is looking out for the best interest of the league.  He also dishes out punishments to those same  owners for infractions.   

I dont believe Murphy would say that to Goodell, if there's a puppet for Goodell among the owners, it's probably Murphy.   

Remember this is after 5 months of dragged out haggling, Rodgers hasn't been to OTAs or TC, or on a practice field, the season is starting in 2 weeks and a superstar in the NFL is caught between teams.

At that point, I'd be shocked if the NFL wasn't making phone calls about where this is.  

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yes, but Goodell is looking out for the best interest of the league.  He also dishes out punishments to those same  owners for infractions.   

I dont believe Murphy would say that to Goodell, if there's a puppet for Goodell among the owners, it's probably Murphy.   

Remember this is after 5 months of dragged out haggling, Rodgers hasn't been to OTAs or TC, or on a practice field, the season is starting in 2 weeks and a superstar in the NFL is caught between teams.

At that point, I'd be shocked if the NFL wasn't making phone calls about where this is.  

I really, and I mean REALLY think you should go to google and type in this phrase.  

"Who elects the NFL Commissioner?"

After that?  Type in "Who can fire the NFL Commissioner?"

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I really, and I mean REALLY think you should go to google and type in this phrase.  

Also if Goodell really looks out for the best of the league… how has he allowed Washington football team be in the state that it has been?

that’s more of a black eye than this team/player divorce settlement.

Like there are actual criminal charges etc going on down there. And they have allowed it for years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Also if Goodell really looks out for the best of the league… how has he allowed Washington football team be in the state that it has been?

that’s more of a black eye than this team/player divorce settlement.

Like there are actual criminal charges etc going on down there. And they have allowed it for years.

I agree.

However, a quick google search with those two phrases will tell ANYONE who runs Goodell. 

Saying otherwise isn't foolish, it is just uneducated.

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah I'm quoting myself so that @NFLGURU sees the results.

Google, who elects the NFL Commissioner?   Roger Goodell is chosen as the NFL's next commissioner, succeeding Paul Tagliabue. Goodell was unanimously elected by the league's 32 owners on the fifth ballot.

Google, who can fire the NFL Commissoiner?  As the league's chief executive, the commissioner has a great deal of influence. But he still must answer to the owners, who by executive committee vote have the power to remove him.