Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The way this happens is that Woody Johnson tells Joe Douglas to get it done.  Mark Murphy isn't going to tell Brian Gutekunst to get it done.

No mark isn’t… Pat McAfee will haha. He is going to go to GB for his boy Rog.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Brian Gutekunst doesn't need to be told. He wants it done too.

But the sort of pressure that gets this done ASAP is "your boss says get it done or else".  Woody Johnson is in charge of the Jets because he's the heir to a pharmaceutical fortune, not for his business or football acumen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Tuesday with Aaron's break down via New York

It's going to be 30% about the Jets season, 50% gratitude, and 20% passive aggressive shots about the last few years in Green Bay. 

Realizing your %'s dont represent true analysis.....I'd be surprised by the first one - 30% about the Jets season.
A). He's not even there yet - so the most he can do is "I'm really looking forward to this and that...." type stuff.
but more to my point.....
B). He didnt actually talk that much about the Packers during the season IMO. Somehow....someway....it always diverted to something about him....or his thoughts about something or other. The guy developed a persona in his public life *outside* the team.

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

But the sort of pressure that gets this done ASAP is "your boss says get it done or else".  Woody Johnson is in charge of the Jets because he's the heir to a pharmaceutical fortune, not for his business or football acumen.

I think the Packers should just hold tight for as long as they need to get what they want.  I don't think Rodgers is coming back to GB and would probably retire before coming back. The Packers would be fine with that outcome. 

If he comes back he can compete with Jordan Love for a starting job.  The Packers always left that door open .. it's Aaron who closed by saying he "intends" to play with the Jets. I don't think it would come to that, but I'd be open to it if I was the Packers.  

If a fair deal can be made then let's do it .. if the Jets are truly lowballing then by all means call their bluff.  Gute and Murphy are going to get killed if they come away with a Brett Favre like return. 

I hate the narrative that the Packers owe it to Aaron to cut him loose cheaply so both sides can move on.  The dude is an all time great and the Packers are eating a ton of dough by dealing him away .. gotta get compensated appropriately for that.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I just see two parties motivated to get a deal done, I don't think anyone will need to step in. 

For the Jets, it's obvious, they want Rodgers in the building asap.

For the Packers, they need the picks in this draft to be more competitive next year. They need Rodgers contract gone and Aaron's agency also represents their new QB so it's important to do right by them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

So there’s beef with Macafee and GB fans now?

Well if he's bashing Gute yah there is a beef.  Oh the Packers did poor Aaron really wrong.  Please.  They gave the dude boatloads of cash at the end of his career.  They took very good care of him. Part of me thinks the whole way this went down that the Packers and Rodgers are in cahoots.

Now he's got the "chip"  on his shoulder just what the Jets want.  Motivated Rodgers.  It's almost too perfect.  He gets a ready made rich contract with his new team and we get some draft capital.   Way the contract is structured figured both sides had to know it was his last year when the deal was done.   Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me.  

Yah it's just the conspiracy theorist in me.  Or is it???

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

So there’s beef with Macafee and GB fans now?

Yeah go on Twitter and light him up. We are sending out the “G” signal. GB fans must destroy McAfee now…

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Well if he's bashing Gute yah there is a beef.  Oh the Packers did poor Aaron really wrong.  Please.  They gave the dude boatloads of cash at the end of his career.  They took very good care of him. Part of me thinks the whole way this went down that the Packers and Rodgers are in cahoots.

Now he's got the "chip"  on his shoulder just what the Jets want.  Motivated Rodgers.  It's almost too perfect.  He gets a ready made rich contract with his new team and we get some draft capital.   Way the contract is structured figured both sides had to know it was his last year when the deal was done.   Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me.  

Yah it's just the conspiracy theorist in me.  Or is it???

When Davante gets traded for Garrett Wilson, I'll buy into your conspiracy theories.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Yeah go on Twitter and light him up. We are sent out the “G” signal. GB fans must destroy McAfee now…

Think I'll do that he's kinda a ****** anyway.  Little too much sucking up but those guys are pretty funny.  I'll tell you Rodgers is a smart cat really did enjoy the show.  Well now he's not a Packer anymore so don't think I'll pay much attention to him.  Maybe if Love can bring home the Lombardi he'll have his own show too.  If he's doing State Farm commercials you'll know he really has arrived. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Think I'll do that he's kinda a ****** anyway.  Little too much sucking up but those guys are pretty funny.  I'll tell you Rodgers is a smart cat really did enjoy the show.  Well now he's not a Packer anymore so don't think I'll pay much attention to him.  Maybe if Love can bring home the Lombardi he'll have his own show too.  If he's doing State Farm commercials you'll know he really has arrived. 

Yeah I’m just joking. Just think it’s fun that he is getting the heat for his bad take.

I find him fun, but him and his boys can be annoying at times. And really can’t stand Ty as the “packer fan” on staff.