Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'd be fine with a single #1 for AR.

Give me 13.

Done.

Adios.

Bring on the draft.

Said this weeks ago. Keep 13 and than trade down from 15 to get like another 2nd or even a first next year (Ala the Jaire draft).

I think we'll see some progress at the GM meeting next week.  Not sure which way it will go, but I think it will be a turning point going face to face.   It could be an opportunity to get SF involved if feasible or get further along with the Jets.    JMO.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

April 17 is another date to watch. That is when the Packers can begin their offseason training program. I don't think the Packers want the distraction of Aaron Rodgers still on the roster as Jordan Love assumes leadership of the team. 

Who cares? AR never shows up for that stuff anyway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think we'll see some progress at the GM meeting next week.  Not sure which way it will go, but I think it will be a turning point going face to face.   It could be an opportunity to get SF involved if feasible or get further along with the Jets.    JMO.

Lock Gute and Douglas in a room there and don't let them come out until they have a legitimately fair deal for both sides.  Get it done children. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Who cares? AR never shows up for that stuff anyway.

Isn’t it crazy this is how we see him now… because again early on Rodgers came to like everything. It was only around 2019 did he stop because of issues with McCarthy and the front office etc.

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Lock Gute and Douglas in a room there and don't let them come out until they have a legitimately fair deal for both sides.  Get it done children. 

No don’t! They would talk and Gute will talk about all the dirty secrets and Joe will not want to take that on haha.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Isn’t it crazy this is how we see him now… because again early on Rodgers came to like everything. It was only around 2019 did he stop because of issues with McCarthy and the front office etc.

Dude was a gamer for most of his career and the he got bigger than the game and started getting football lazy.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

That is when the Packers can begin their offseason training program. I don't think the Packers want the distraction of Aaron Rodgers still on the roster as Jordan Love assumes leadership of the team. 

Why would it matter.  It's not like Rodgers would show up to anything that's not mandatory and not-excused anyway.

Get it done before the draft. Doesn't matter until then - for us anyway. Maybe a starting QB will bust a knee cap into OTAs which could cause the Jets to immediately cave to our demands less another team gets involved.

Get the feeling it's in the realm of - whoever calls firsts looses leverage.  So, will have to be Gute and Joe running into each other at a pro day or something to get the ball rolling again. Unless Johnson starts getting antsy and forces action.

Till then, I will try to be patient.