Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

GB gets a third round pick this year and a third round pick next year. If Rodgers gets done after 2023 season the third round pick drops to a 5th round pick. 

That's a trade you can make for a Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield type QB, not Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So just to confirm, you guys would take nothing over two 3rds?

I really dont think those are the two options. Youre telling me the Jets dont feel the playoffs are worth at LEAST 2nd? The shot at a super bowl isnt worth another 2nd?

Because as good as their roster is right now they dont have a chance without Rodgers.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

To be fair, these GMs with no skin in the game aren't facing getting fired if they don't pull off a trade for a vet QB.

If the trade is for two 3rds this forum would riot and I'm here for it 😂

Also, who's to say the front office guys aren't from the Vikings, Lions, Bears or other NFC teams that want to see the Packers get a crappy return.  Packers beat writers have polled other front office guys that have said the Packers should get a first rounder as part of the return.  Hold tight Gute .. would rather get nothing than a crappy return.  Rodgers will help the Jets a ton .. Packers need to be satisfied.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

What's the Packers end game if this deal falls apart?  Would they pay Aaron 30 mil to retire?  Would he take it if offered?  If it gets far enough and the Jets are offering peanuts I'd sure want to stick them with nothing .. just not sure how you handle things if Aaron comes to camp.  You can't lock him out of camp .. that would be a circus.  

I'd love them to lock him out of camp.

He'd show up and be a railbird.  And knowing him, he'd be eating popcorn.  It would be a glorious fiasco if there ever was one.

10 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:
20 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So just to confirm, you guys would take nothing over two 3rds?

I really dont think those are the two options. Youre telling me the Jets dont feel the playoffs are worth at LEAST 2nd? The shot at a super bowl isnt worth another 2nd?

Because as good as their roster is right now they dont have a chance without Rodgers

Just a hypothetical. But I find it hilarious that some are too proud to accept something rather than nothing out of principal lol

• Like 1

You don't even need to lock him out. Let him show up. Make him #2 tell him sorry Aaron the Jets didn't really value you I guess. Dare him to retire. He's not going to want to go out like that. I'd rather eat the money than get fleeced because the Jets are cheap. Seriously a banged up Stafford went for 2 1s and a 3. The bare minimum is that #13 pick. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Also, who's to say the front office guys aren't from the Vikings, Lions, Bears or other NFC teams that want to see the Packers get a crappy return.  Packers beat writers have polled other front office guys that have said the Packers should get a first rounder as part of the return.  Hold tight Gute .. would rather get nothing than a crappy return.  Rodgers will help the Jets a ton .. Packers need to be satisfied.

What NFL General Manager is talking to reporters, now, about Aaron Rodgers and his trade value?

We are in the throws of free agency, cap management, oh and a little thing called the draft.

It's made up.  GM's have other things to do.  And if they are talking to reporters?  It's off the cuff and not thought out.  

They have a lot more to worry about right now than a trade between GB and the Jets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just a hypothetical. But I find it hilarious that some are too proud to accept something rather than nothing out of principal lol

First?  It is principle, not principal. 

Second?  Read the Brandt article, he lays it all out there.

He talks about cash and how the Packers have plenty.

He talks about how GB would love to have him retire a Packer.

He talks about leverage and how GB has it, while the Jets have very little.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Except your not accepting nothing. Your accepting a lower cap hit in 2023 keeping him on the roster and the lack of embarrassment on a return like two 3rd round picks. Two seconds I can get on the back of but two 3rds would be an embarrassment. 

• Like 1