Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

14 hours ago, Sandy said:

Same with guys like Z Smith, PSmith, Amos, etc - it was because of top dollar. But I'm referring more to the traded QB who gets the FAs. 

Just a trend I noticed. Patriots and Colts weren't unusually active in FA and such. When Brady and Peyton moved to new teams, it's like a call went out - get ya Super Bowl Rings hee-aah!

I feel like if we released Bakh...he'd follow Rodgers.  Maybe Lewis would for a year or two.  Cobb would.  (Also, not advocating for releasing Bakh)

Outside of that?  I don't think so.  I don't think Rodgers has the Super Bowl vibe like Manning and Brady did.

And really, only Bakh is on a level that some of those Brady followers were.

And I just don't feel like Lazard wants to play with Rodgers anymore.  Just a feeling.  

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like if we released Bakh...he'd follow Rodgers.  Maybe Lewis would for a year or two.  Cobb would.  (Also, not advocating for releasing Bakh)

Outside of that?  I don't think so.  I don't think Rodgers has the Super Bowl vibe like Manning and Brady did.

And really, only Bakh is on a level that some of those Brady followers were.

And I just don't feel like Lazard wants to play with Rodgers anymore.  Just a feeling.  

Bakh could be part of the Rodgers trade package. It really depends on what they think of those rookie tackles. If, and I know this is a long shot, Jones or Walker could play LT at a decent level next year, we could move Tom to center. As athletic as he is he could do some of the Jason Kelce things inside. I know he's going to get a lot stronger this off season too. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Enough with the thumb. He was missing throws before he hurt the thumb. It just became a convenient excuse as the season wore on.

I also feel like he also was hitting more throws when the thumb got healthy.  It is not a convenient excuse in my book, it is a very real excuse.

Without doing the research prior...let's see what I find.

He said he hurt it at the end of Week 5.  10/09/2022

He said it was "feeling a lot better" on 12/13/2022.

Packers record through 5 weeks.  3-2.

Packers record 12/19 through end of season.  3-1.  

So, 6-3.  If the dates match up to the injured and being "better".

2-6 with a hurt thumb.  

Let's look at stats.

Weeks 1-5 (Not injured).  114 completions.  168 attempts.  67.8%.  1157 yards.  231 average.  8 TDs.  3 Int.  

Weeks 15-18 (Feeling better).  78 completions.  119 attempts.  65.5%.  831 yards.  208 average.  4 TDs.  3 Int.

Weeks 6-14 (Injured).  158 completions.  255 attempts.  62%.  1707 yards.  213 average.  14 TDs.  6 Int.

Not sure what that really tells you, or me.  But darn it, I looked the stats up and did the math!  :)

And...I feel like drops were a constant throughout the year.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bakh could be part of the Rodgers trade package. It really depends on what they think of those rookie tackles. If, and I know this is a long shot, Jones or Walker could play LT at a decent level next year, we could move Tom to center. As athletic as he is he could do some of the Jason Kelce things inside. I know he's going to get a lot stronger this off season too. 

I'm not trading Bakh unless he demands it and we get at least a first round pick.

I'm also not wanting to touch that deal anymore.  Pay as you go.

LT is the most important spot on the line.  I'm not moving someone who can be solid there when hoping he will be okay at center.

And I'm not trusting Walker (Humper) or a UDFA with weight issues on that side.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nah man, Tom is 23, so he's already maxed out.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Enough with the thumb. He was missing throws before he hurt the thumb. It just became a convenient excuse as the season wore on.

I mean let's be real. Given your sentiment about 12 over the last few years, if he lost his legs in an auto accident, you, AG and few others would be saying "that's no excuse." Lol. 

I think a reasonable response is: the thumb certainly was an issue, as any throwing hand injury would be, but also certainly not an excuse for his pretty dramatic drop off in play from the prior two years. 

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why would we trade BAK?  Dont see that one at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean let's be real. Given your sentiment about 12 over the last few years, if he lost his legs in an auto accident, you, AG and few others would be saying "that's no excuse." Lol. 

I think a reasonable response is: the thumb certainly was an issue, as any throwing hand injury would be, but also certainly not an excuse for his pretty dramatic drop off in play from the prior two years. 

If it was such an issue, he shouldn't have been playing considering he was hindering the team and it directly lead to losses. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If it was such an issue, he shouldn't have been playing considering he was hindering the team and it directly lead to losses. 

We actually agree here. LaFleur doesn't have any big-boy pants in his closet though. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think anyone here is disputing what you said in this post.

Rodgers absolutely has his cake and is eating it.  Our front office did that with his contract and with how they treated him prior to signing that deal.

Not saying I agree with it at all.  But that is the way it went down.

His hurt thumb hurt his play.  But he was not hurt enough to have the doctors rule him out.  And we didn't have the spine to tell him to sit.